The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

Guest twofinegreys

Glory be....what a disgusting mess. I wouldn't go in there without a full hazmat suit! :repuke

Sorry you're having to deal with this after your adventures on the road. I hope you find just the right size clean place for the right $$ soon!

:goodluck

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even imagine how y'all felt after that move and have to face what you face.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I can't even begin to imagine, I am so Sorry, 21-days on the road and then find this as your new home, that is just AWFUL. Bless your hearts, I will be praying that you find a better home real soon. It made me sick just looking at those pictures, it could not even be HEALTHY .I am just so SORRY. :bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Oh you guys! I'm so sorry. Has the 2 years started yet. Can we start crossing days off the calendar?

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest IrskasMom

Should you have to take this Rental House ( maybe no others available ) we would like to see before and after Pictures.

I am sure Jeff and Trudy, you are quiet Handy and fixing it up to your likeing :dunno:dunno:dunno What does Jet

and Ryan have to say to this Situation ????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Did the Goverment provide you with a PX and a Commisary for all CG People there . Hopefully thou you can get things

cheaper then to drive for Miles and Miles to find things .

Edited by IrskasMom

It would be well worth the money to hire a cleaning crew and a yard crew to get that place in shape for you. Then tell the landlord, "You're welcome, and we're taking it off the next month's (or three's) rent.

That's disgusting and no one should be expected to move into a place that has been left in that kind of condition, nor should you be expected to do the work yourselves after such a long trip. If the landlord squawks about you charging him for cleaning the place up, I would imagine you have legal recourse and that the military may help you, yes?

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Oh good. Waiting patiently to see the light, however dim. Really feel for you guys.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Went back today, and made the mistake of pulling the refrigerator to look behind and under it. What do you think?

under_fridge.jpg

Also opened the dishwasher…..phew, it stinks! Here is some leftover food.

dishwasher.jpg

Here is Jet in the front yard with the tall grass.

Jet_Tall_Grass.jpg

And here is a typical residential Kodiak 'road'

kodiak_road.jpg

We have heard 'white glove' stories about inspections when leaving Coast Guard housing. Though we ruled out CG housing due to size, and duplex living, the checkout stories were funny.

As it turns out, the B&B we are staying at, uses the same maid service that is hired to clean the CG housing. We had them go buy the rental place today for a cleaning/repair/painting estimate.

After a few calls to the owner, he has agreed to fund the $3500 cleanup/repair bill. (indirectly, we will pay the service fee rather than rent). The inside will be completely repainted from base boards to and including the ceilings. All trim, windows, etc. And it will be actually cleaned, carpets too!

We also get to pick the color :)

$600 for cleaning, and just under $3000 for paint. We both actually thought that was very inexpensive for the work needing to be done.

They estimate the work taking 10 days, and will start either tomorrow or Monday.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Went back today, and made the mistake of pulling out the refrigerator to look behind and under it. What do you think?

under_fridge.jpg

Okay, that one just turned my stomache.

Sorry things aren't better. I am glad you will at least get a clean house to move into. I sure hope things start to improve quickly.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest CampWhippet
under_fridge.jpg

SWEET! A free comb with every rental? That landlord covered all the bases. :)

ETA: Maybe that's not a comb afterall under there?

Edited by CampWhippet

Guest FrostyBottoms

So will the landlord be paying for your 10 day stay at the B&B? I'm so sorry this happened to you...thank goodness the landlord is paying for all of this.

CG pays up to 60 days for moves like this, so as long as he is a tax payer, he is paying part of the bill, but so are you and I :lol

We were going to be in a B&B for a while anyway until our household goods can be delivered.

Sounds good Jeff. I would be checking daily on the work just to be sure everyone is getting their money's worth.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Jeff, we've heard white-glove stories here on the Marine Corps base housing. The occupant can clean the house until it is spotless and still fail inspection more than once. You're then forced to hire from an approved list of base housing cleaners. They've been know to walk in one door, out the other and miraculously the house then passes.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

we will take care of the yard. No biggie there. It seems there is no residential trash pick-up on the island. There are just big community dumpsters which we will put a bunch of stuff in.

I'll also take care of the other little stuff (new lights, etc) and deduct that from the rent.

What about the yard? Will them clean that up also?

That is exactly what I was thinking too????? To me that yard needs to be cleaned too before you can safely go in it, that is GREAT that they agreed to have the house painted and cleaned, does the landlord even live around there that he has saw how bad it was left? or is their a property mangement company? At least their is some light at the end of the tunnel. :colgate

Edit: You answered about the yard as I was typing this, at least you can take that off your rent fixing the lights and etc. But still that is hard moving into a place and then having to do all that work.

Edited by 4greyhounds

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

What luck the landlord will work with you. Hopefully he will know enought to keep it in shape so it can be passed on to another CG member when you leave.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Owner is stationed in OH. He's hoping to transfer back up here in a few years.

So he hasn't actually seen it, just the images we put in the photobucket album for him to look at.

Tomorrow we'll head back over with notepad and camera in hand to write down all the issues and take pics of everything