Darcy Deerhound

Bevd

Yesterday Darcy went to Pets At Home to help me pick Secret Santa pressies ( :rolleyes: ). The anti sickness jab of the day before wore off during late afternoon but she went on to eat a good dinner (and licked the bowl, repeatedly) and so far, she doesn't seem to feel unwell.

She's only had three quarters of her breakfast again today but we'll see if she eats well tonight. Maybe she's just going back to prefering to eat more in the evening than in the morning (this was the way before she became poorly).

The other thing she did yesterday was jumping at Marc again when he came in....

Up and ready for greeting

b5cfba2eeb5230224393546ea2faea73.jpg

Hi Daaaaaaaaaaadddddddd

d6fe873300ca6546536fced2fb88a30d.jpg

:)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know many dogs like Darcy. I hope I'm not tempting fate here but two days into her chemo treatment she's the bounciest, funniest and liveliest we've seen her in weeks. I've taken a long video clip of her performance a few minutes ago and Marc has now taken her out with Mokka for a walk (with the camera) so if you're following this, please check back later for some truly amaxing (to me) footage :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

It is heartwarming to see her doing so well. :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest grey_dreams

Wow! Darcy looks amazing! I'm so glad the chemo treatment went so well! That's so lovely that she has to be the first one to greet Marc when he comes home. :) Give your girlie a kiss from me. :kiss2

Click HERE for The Big Video :D

(it's comparatively long but there's no sound. Do imagine Mokka going "woo wooo wooo wooo" though as she explains that she'd like to go out on her walk now please) :lol

Sorry for the delay in updating :blush

Thankfully, there's not been anything very important to report (and you'll be delighted to hear that I am past the stage of reporting each time she has a wee or a drink) :rolleyes::lol

Darcy had her blood test on Friday as planned and we were chatting with the vet whilst we waited for the results and just before the results were due, an emergency arrived so we shuffled back to the waiting room to finish our wait. The upshot of it all though, was that the results came via a nurse and I didn't quite understand them because the report was that her white count was 6.3 (it started off at 6) and I'm sure it was going to go down...not up after the chemo :blink: But, the message via the nurse was that everything was OK and we would retest again this coming Friday.

So because the general message was that it was OK, I didn't hang around to wait for the vet to finish with the emergency and I've not phoned but will ask for more info when we go again this Friday afternoon.

Darcy herself has remained fine. She's eating well, not had any tummy upsets or anything and has had some good walks. She's had a couple of small episodes of yelping a bit and I really don't know why - maybe she's having a small amount of phantom pain or maybe she's just pulled a muscle from her new way of having to walk. In general though, she's remained well and we're happy with her.

Here are a few pics from her walk on 18th Nov

The obligatory sitting whist on a walk pics first :rolleyes::lol And she was having a very windy hair day

2d33398babffc4ddac6affd2bd9147f7.jpg

cfeefa848a3366dd9a055ffc38e53a82.jpg

And here, she was very excited to see Mouse & Max's Mummy and she went rushing over to say hello, with Duffy

905b3f6676cffd893f1ae83cc51df879.jpg

And here - prepare yourselves. When she was tired, she leaned against Duffy, who stood there, patiently until she was ready to move again *clutches chest* :beatheart

9150baba4316e08b91b52bb5cb9c0a97.jpg

I know. Who ever would have thought that Duffy had enough common sense to stand still when it mattered?!

Click HERE for The Big Video :D

(it's comparatively long but there's no sound. Do imagine Mokka going "woo wooo wooo wooo" though as she explains that she'd like to go out on her walk now please) :lol

Aw, she loves her daddy, doesn't she? (Looks like they all do - and wee Sprout down there waiting for his turn :lol )

Beautiful pictures! Love that last one :wub:

Edited by turbotaina

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I feel better and better about Darcy's prognosis whenever one of her pics makes me laugh out loud (as the "windy hair" pic did).

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

Guest grey_dreams

Hope you get a good report about her WBC when you speak to the vet later. She is looking amazingly well! The last photo with Duffy supporting her - soooo beautiful. :beatheart