Darcy Deerhound

Bevd

I do hate cancer.

Hoping and wishing good things for Darcy. You can fight this.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Miss Oh Woe Is Me, good thoughts are coming your way for excellent chest x-rays . . . . you just concentrate on getting better and helping your mom cope . . . . and oh yes, . . . . keep perfecting the woebegone look, you have standards to maintain!

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

We will continue to pray for Miss Darcy. She has such a beautiful face and has always been one of my favorites to see in pictures, and I'm sure she is a trip to live with!! Sorry the tests didn't come out the way we all wanted.

Ehugs, Nan

Okay this is going to sound horrible. But I am still sitting here with a smile. Because that is what Darcy does for me. I think of Darcy and I get my idgeet's grin. To me Darcy is synonymous with sunshine. Of course, I also have tears, but I think I will just enjoy her sunshine and think of it continuing for a long long time.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest TaniandMalachy

I'm so sorry that the news wasn't better, Bev. :grouphug

Now I guess it's a matter of trying to be optomistic about Darcy's treatment plan. At least you do have a plan to concentrate on, and if needs be, we'll all be here to do the optomistic bit for you. All best wishes as always....

Guest TriciasZoo

Bev,

I am so so sorry. This news just breaks my heart. :( You know what your pups mean to me, especially Darcy and Duffy. They always bring a smile to my face, and they introduced me to that wonderful breed.

Sending lots of love, white light, prayers and hugs,

Trish and the Zoo

:f_white:bighug

There are good thoughts and white light with an Oklahoma twang heading towards my favorite deerhound girlie.

She looks wonderful, and she's starting to act more like herself. A happy, comfortable life is something that we all should aspire to, and she's got that. Along with wonderful parents and a pack that love her. She'll do well!

The vet has been on the phone this morning and he's decided to start the chemo on Monday (which I'm pleased about). So Darcy will go in as planned for her x-ray and then all being well, will have her first chemo treatment.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Hi Bev,

I don't know how keen your vets are on having consults with other vets, but OSU has a totally different protocol on chemo than most vet/vet schools. And they seem to be having the most success with what they are using. If you vet is willing, he could call Dr Couto, who will be in clinic this weekend, because eveyone else is gone to a conference in Florida. I know for sure he will be in tomorrow, as he is examing Carrier before we leave - which will be around 2pm our time. good luck.

Hi :) I've actually just sent an email to my vet with a few things that I wanted to tell/show him and I did include some details for Dr Couto and said that he was always happy to advise owners or vets so hopefully, if my vet feels that he needs to contact him, he will do. I feel I need to tread just a little carefully because my vet *is* open to ideas etc etc but I don't want him to think that I feel I know better or that I don't trust his judgement etc. Do you know what I mean?

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I have to agree that Miss Darcy is synonymous with sunshine and smiles. Hopes and prayers that she continues to brighten the world with her presence for many many years to come.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I feel I need to tread just a little carefully because my vet *is* open to ideas etc etc but I don't want him to think that I feel I know better or that I don't trust his judgement etc. Do you know what I mean?

Should not be a problem asking your vet to consult with Dr. Couto--he is known around the world and many vets know him through at least one book he wrote on cancer (weims if I remember right).

Most vets do not mind consults with someone of authority in the field. (or, should I say--should not mind :rolleyes: )

Sending prayers :)

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Oh, Darcy...I'm so, so sorry it's osteo. I think it's good you've decided to continue with your own vet for the chemo---easier in many ways. I too would not hesitate to suggest a consult with Dr. Couto. You will know how to approach your vet with those feelings. Have you asked your vet to consult about the possibility of using artemisinin as well---this may have been discussed earlier in the thread, but I couldn't remember. If they are positive, it's truly worth a shot.

Sending good thoughts, and wishing the best for Darcy and for you.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown