Darcy Deerhound

Bevd

I really don't want to write this post.

Darcy hurt her leg this morning and screamed a lot. Took her to the vet and left her for x rays. We thought it may be broken.

It's broken because she has bone cancer.

She was on the op table when the vet called me and there were only 2 options. PTS or amputation and we went for amputation which is being done as I type this.

It's her front right leg.

Please send her your thoughts.

I will write more once the vet has phoned me after the surgery is complete.

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh gosh Bev - I'm so sorry. White light heading your way. Keeping my fingers crossed for poor Darcy.

Edited by 2fawngreys

Karen with Tessye (galgo b 2017), Fidel (galgo b c2012), and bridge kids Dublin (J's Texmex 1996-12/31/01), Daisy (Assurance 8/8/95-9/26/07),  Bubba (Kelsos Irony b 5/99-8/19/10), and Mabel (Googly Spin  1/06-11/19)

greytalk-siggie-feb-2023.jpg

Sending prayers for Darcy!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Oh Bev. :( I am so sick of all this cancer! Know that we are holding you in our hearts and prayers. Please update as you can. Warm gentle light coming Darcy's way. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest TaniandMalachy

Oh Bev...I am so sorry. Not Darcy :brokenheart .

Every ounce of positive thought goes out to Darcy... and :bighug to you and Marc, too.

Will be glued to this thread for news...please keep us posted when you have time.

Oh I'm so sorry. I've always enjoyed the pics you have posted of her. The Deerhound is one of my favorite breeds too. Best of luck with her recovery.

Oh no! It seems like she is so very young for this! I am sending all my good wishes to you, Darcy, Mark, and the rest of your pack.

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}