Darcy Deerhound

Bevd

I forgot to say earlier...

When Marc came to collect me from the red cross, he brought Duffy with him. Often, Darcy comes but today of course she was at the vets so Duffy came instead. There's a market on every Thursday outside the shop but today, we didn't half confuse people.... A few people did a double take (and a leg count) and one man asked how 'she' was doing, whilst gawping at 4 legs and looking perturbed :lol

(Yes, he thought Darcy had magically developed a new leg or had a strap-on one attached or something) :rofl

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bvroman
:lol Well-known fact, their legs grow back after a couple of weeks - I thought everyone knew that :lol:rolleyes:

Hilarious! :lol I love that! wish I could have been there to see the gentlemen's puzzlement about the newly grown leg! :lol

Prayers for Bev, Marc, and the family Zoo - especially dear Darcy these days. :rolleyes:

I forgot to say earlier...

When Marc came to collect me from the red cross, he brought Duffy with him. Often, Darcy comes but today of course she was at the vets so Duffy came instead. There's a market on every Thursday outside the shop but today, we didn't half confuse people.... A few people did a double take (and a leg count) and one man asked how 'she' was doing, whilst gawping at 4 legs and looking perturbed :lol

(Yes, he thought Darcy had magically developed a new leg or had a strap-on one attached or something) :rofl

too funny, what a surprise for him! :lol

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Any more mouth squeaking problems?

Nope :colgate

And so far, she seems to be doing OK after her 2nd Chemo (which was on Thursday). The only thing we've noticed is that yesterday morning, she only ate half her breakfast and yesterday evening, I thought she was going to refuse her food altogether but once I'd added some tasty bits, she did actually eat it all and licked the bowl clean. (Phew).

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Oh sweet Darcy :wub: I plan on being able to kiss her sweet nose next April. :kiss2

Continued prayers. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest grey_dreams

Hoping she just had an "off" day. Maybe because of the low pressure system that's been hanging around? Darcy sweetie just keep eating, you need to gain your strength back. :kiss2

:rofl

That must have been a classic moment, that guy's expression!!

:rofl

I can only imagine how tough this all is for you, but your sense of humor through it all is just nothing short of amazing.

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Just a little update as it's a week today since Darcy had her second chemo.

Once again, I'm delighted to be able to report virtually nothing in the way of side effects for Darcy. I think this drug was tougher on her than the previous one in that she's been a lot more tired (as opposed to just lazy) this week, particularly the past two or three days and there has been a decrease in her appetite. Yesterday she refused her breakfast for the first time but did eat some cheese and then some cr@p from McDonalds at lunchtime (not an ideal diet but I wanted her to eat *something*).

Today thought, she seems to be back to 'normal' and has eaten very well this evening. At one point, I went up for a bath, came back down and saw (without taking much notice) a big grey thing playing with Ella. I couldn't work out why Marc was making faces and pointing - until I looked closer and realised that the big grey thing playing with Ella was Darcy, not Duffy! :lol Tried to get some video but its very dark and not very interesting to anyone other than us :rolleyes:

She goes back to the vets on Monday for blood tests to check her various levels and if all goes according to plan, I think the next chemo will be 21st December.

Tried to get some video but its very dark and not very interesting to anyone other than us :rolleyes:

Now you KNOW that's not true :lol

Glad she's feeling better and fingers crossed she does well through the next treament, too :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Wonderful that she felt like playing. :wub: Prayers continue for Darcy. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg