Darcy Deerhound

Bevd

And here - prepare yourselves. When she was tired, she leaned against Duffy, who stood there, patiently until she was ready to move again *clutches chest* :beatheart

9150baba4316e08b91b52bb5cb9c0a97.jpg

That is so sweet :cry1

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what great pups, Bev!!!! :wub::wub:

sending more prayers to your sweet Darcy :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest LolasMom

OMG I'm just catching up with the last video and those wonderful pictures! :wub: :wub:

Happy wet in my eyes. Such a house full of love you have there, Bev. And daddy must be a very special guy. :P

Darcy and Duffy - that photo is worth a thousand words on love and companionship. :wub: :wub: :wub:

So wonderful to see how terrific Darcy is doing. She is a trooper!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

We were scheduled to see the nurse (rather than the vet) this afternoon for Darcy to have her white bloods checked but this morning, Marc said that Darcy had squealed/squeaked twice when he was stroking/pressing somewhere near her jaw.

So I've changed the appointment to a vet appointment because I need him to examine her so that my heart can go back to a normal beat :unsure

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so glad to pop in here and see that she's doing so well!

Those pics are gorgeous, Bev! I love the windblown look - DH and I look like that out walking in the winter here on the edge of the fens. I think the wind comes straight from Siberia sometimes. :lol

That last one with Duffy is very sweet, too. :wub:

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

We're back.

Hmmm. The vet doesn't think it's anything too concerning at the moment but he was able to make Darcy squeak by pressing quite firmly in certain places towards the back of her jaw area. I asked if it would be unusual for there to be 'anything' there (as a secondary) and he said that yes, it would be unusual. So, for the time being - and because Darcy's temperature was up - she's starting a 5 day course of antibiotics.

Her bloods were then done and her white blood count is fine (yay) but her platelets are virtually off the scale. They started out in the low end if the low range but now they are lowwwwwww, low. (Figures listed below for anyone who may be interested).

The plan therefore is to do her bloods again as planned next Thursday morning and if the platelets have come back up (and if the white blood count is still good) she will have her second chemo. If the platelets are still scary and/or the white blood count has dropped, the second chemo will be held over for another week.

The figures then...

White bloods last week - 6.4, and this week 6.8 (so they are climbing) :huh

Platelets last week 190, and this week 35 (normal range is apparently 175 - 500) :eek

If Darcy still seems to have any sort of issue with her jaw/neck area next week, she'll have an x-ray.

Anywayyyyyyyyyyyy, it was all going along a bit tooo smoothly so I'm sure it's only normal to have a bit of a hiccup along the way. Andddddd breeeathe.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Catching back up, and glad to see Darcy is FEELING so well, despite mathematics she doesn't know about. ;)

Breathing slowly, and going back to the pic of Duffy holding Darcy up for a reminder of how good and how sweet life can be, even in hard moments.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

What a sweet, sweet picture of Darcy and Duffy :wub::hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Tomorrow is the day Darcy goes back for her blood tests again and if all is OK with her WBC and platelets etc, she'll have her 2nd dose of chemo. If her counts are too low, the chemo will be postponed. I'll let you know what happens.

Meanwhile, last night, when Marc & I got in from shopping, Darcy was so excited to see us that she had a game with Duffy, which involved leaping on and off the settee :eek It's the first time she's engaged with another dog properly since her surgery but irritatingly, I couldn't get to the camera LOL.

Problems swimming the sea of moving bodies to get to the camera, Bev? :lol

Something like that :lol

Guest Tenderhearts
Meanwhile, last night, when Marc & I got in from shopping, Darcy was so excited to see us that she had a game with Duffy, which involved leaping on and off the settee :eek It's the first time she's engaged with another dog properly since her surgery but irritatingly, I couldn't get to the camera LOL.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

:grouphug :grouphug

Well, her platelet levels were back in the decent range and although her WBC had gone down slightly, it was still good enough for Darcy to have her 2nd chemo today :) So today, she's had the Doxorubicin and she has to go back on 10th Dec for bloods.

Piccies later :)