Darcy Deerhound

Bevd

She's been really good today - virtually 'normal'. Isn't that amazing in just three weeks?

However, we have created a monster.

The monster lays on the settee, in a roach, flailing her legs and whinging until someone comes to sit with her and stroke her :rolleyes:

:couchjump:lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly forgot to add todays pics :eek:blush

Here's Darcy laughing at her silly shaved leg

88ee10960f2e76b44639fe3d49e88a61.jpg

And looking very pretty

9a1d75ec04944c2f132cc1b4943b6cc9.jpg

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Darcy has had a very good couple of days :) She's been standing at the baby gate with the others and today, she jumped up and put her paw around Marcs neck when he came in from a small outing this morning :eek:lol

This afternoon, we've been to the vets for her first chemo session.

Darcy was put on a drip and that ran through for a few minutes and then the vet and his nurse got dressed up for the occassion (long sleeved outfits, safety goggles, masks and two pairs of gloves each). I told them that next time, I'm taking the camera :lol: They gave her an injection of a strong anti sickness drug. We were in the room until this point but once it was time to administer the Carboplatin, it was time for us to stand outside (but we could see in, through the windows). It took about 15 mins for the drug to be injected (Darcy slept through it) and we drank coffee and sent silent messages to the drug to "get the ********" :)

Then we came home, with more anti sickness drugs (just in case) and some antibiotics which we have to start giving if Darcy's temperature goes up. We have to take her temperature once a day. When I was getting the instructions from the vet and writing some notes, he told me to write "take temperature once a day at 12.34pm" :angry: He likes to take the mickey out of me :angry::lol

She has to go back next Friday for blood tests to check her white blood count, and same again the following Friday and then on the third week, on the Thursday, she's currently booked in for further bloods and then the second dose of chemo (but this could change, if her white blood count goes too low).

She's just had her dinner and is now asleep :rolleyes:

All this sounds wonderful. I'm hoping she responds well to the chemo.

Just one thing, though. Please translate

He likes to take the mickey out of me :angry::lol
Edited by greyhoundlov

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Oh sorry :lol

He likes to tell me stupid things or he says things that he KNOWS will make me look at him to check if he's being serious or if he's just making fun of me :lol I ask him a lot of questions and I often write notes and he knows I'm pretty pedantic when it comes to making sure I have my facts right - so he told me a very specific time to take her temp (even though it doesn't really need to be done at that very specific time) :lol

She's totally out of it now. Totally fast asleep. I'm assuming this is normal. (I suppose it could be the anti sickness medication which has knocked her out). Hmm.

Oh sorry :lol

He likes to tell me stupid things or he says things that he KNOWS will make me look at him to check if he's being serious or if he's just making fun of me :lol I ask him a lot of questions and I often write notes and he knows I'm pretty pedantic when it comes to making sure I have my facts right - so he told me a very specific time to take her temp (even though it doesn't really need to be done at that very specific time) :lol

Thanks.

I'm not even gonna go where I thought this meant.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Oh please do :D

Guest TriciasZoo

Bev, you know I'm always thinking of you, and especially my two favorite deerhounds. Give all my love and snuggles to Miss Darcy. Let her know I'm pulling for her. If it weren't for you, Bev, and those two, I'd have never been made familiar with the breed. DH is even open to the idea of a rescue deerhound if one comes along now. Time will tell. I don't know what the future will bring for us hound wise, but I'm trying to keep an open mind for anything that might happen. And if it happens to be big and fuzzy and grey...well...who would I be to turn it away, right? :):bighug :bighug :bighug

Guest MorganKonaAlex
Darcy was put on a drip and that ran through for a few minutes and then the vet and his nurse got dressed up for the occassion (long sleeved outfits, safety goggles, masks and two pairs of gloves each). I told them that next time, I'm taking the camera :lol: They gave her an injection of a strong anti sickness drug. We were in the room until this point but once it was time to administer the Carboplatin, it was time for us to stand outside (but we could see in, through the windows).

Wow. Morgan had Carboplatin at an Oncology Vet. We stayed in the room and there were no special precautions like that.

Adriamycin can have extra precautions. It can severely burn the skin. When I got Adriamycin, the nurse was required to manually "push" it and not leave your side. Probably making sure the needle didn't accidently come out.