Darcy Deerhound

Bevd

Sending sweet Darcy some hugs today. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I updated this thread last night but I got the page cannot be displayed directly after I posted and I didn't realise that my post hadn't gone on!

All I said was that Darcy went for her blood test yesterday as its 10days since her 2nd chemo and the blood work was fine. I don't have the figures because I forgot to ask for a copy of of the sheet of paper but the vet was pleased with the results so that's good enough for me :D

She's therefore booked in for her 3rd chemo on Thursday 20th Dec (with a further blood test immediately beforehand).

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

The day before Darcy was diagnosed with osteosarcoma and had her front right leg amputated, I took these pics of her

600d75dffc07e70a80248cc3898878ca.jpg

eda66ea50d11e9f4851e07e57cd86637.jpg

(I found those pics on the camera, after Darcy's shock diagnosis and amputation).

Those who have followed Darcy's story will know that I felt it very unlikely that I'd ever get the chance to take that sort of picture again, especially during those first few days and weeks after surgery (which was 16th Oct 07).

Darcy is due to have her 3rd chemo next Thursday and she's feeling mighty fine :wub:

Look http://www.my-shops.net/videos/darcyellaplaying121207.wmv

(put sound on and listen for (a) Ella's snappy teefs and (B) The Fun Police telling them to bog off and play somewhere else) (Oh and it's a bit dark but it was early in the morning and the light was poo)

But who caaaaaaaaaares - she's playinggggggggg :D:wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Darcy is having her 3rd chemo this afternoon. I think I feel quite relaxed about it (well, much more so than when she was due to have her 1st anyway). I hope I'm right in thinking that as she didn't have any side effects at all from the Carboplatin first time around, that she's likely to not have any this time around too...

Sending prayers for sweet Darcy. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Sorry for the delay. I'm hosting my pics in a new place and I had to learn how to use it :rolleyes:

Darcy had her blood test when we arrived at the vets yesterday and the results were all really good. Virtually everything was within the middle of the normal range apart from a couple of things which rate in the high section but they are always the same way with Darcy so nothing to be concerned about.

So then they got on with the business of 'bashing the b******' with chemo number three :)

I asked the vet if it was OK for me to take some pics to share. Darcy wasn't bothered about being photographed (she's more than used to it by now) and I thought that the pics may remove some of the mystery and/or fear for others who may face this with their dogs in the future.

Because of Darcy's size and because she doesn't like going down the stairs to the 'ward' part of the vets, her treatment is carried out in a normal consulting room where she just lays on the floor (as she would during any normal consultation).

Darcy had the canula put in and then she watched as the nurse brought a drip bag over

darcy201207a.jpg

The drip was attached and starts to run through

darcy201207b.jpg

The vet starts to inject the chemo drug

darcy201207c.jpg

Slowly does it (over a period of about 10 mins)

darcy201207d.jpg

Everything has gone well and Darcy is waiting to be 'unplugged'

darcy201207e.jpg

Excuse me - why has someone given me a BOY coloured bandage? :angry:

darcy201207f.jpg

And then we came home :D Darcy ate her dinner and has eaten her breakfast well this morning. She has an appointment to go back for bloods on 30th Dec (my vet has started a short Sunday surgery so thats handy!).

And now, on with the business of Christmas :reindeer I don't need to tell you that I was just a little ( :huh ) concerned that we may not get to celebrate Christmas with Darcy this year But she's here and happy and doing well and what a celebration it will be :beatheart

Tears of happiness here for you, that you'll have Christmas with Darcy. What an amazing and strong girlie! :wub: Thank you so much for sharing this part of your journey together with all of us. :)

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest vahoundlover
Tears of happiness here for you, that you'll have Christmas with Darcy. What an amazing and strong girlie! :wub: Thank you so much for sharing this part of your journey together with all of us. :)

Aimee, you said it perfectly.

Oh Bev -

I had not been on here much over the past few months, my heart still hurts every day for our forever puppy Angel, Vinnie :angelwings , so I just saw this thread. My heart :beatheart went on a roller coaster ride :sick seeing everything you have been through with your so very sweet and brave girl, Darcy. You were so strong :clap for us with everything we went through that we just wanted to post and send hugs :bighug across the pond. We now join the other chanters :hope for healthy thoughts and start the drums for the beat down :angryfire on this awful disease.

Darcy looks wonderful - the healing is amazing and her lovely curly hair is growing back in - amazing with everything that has happened in such a short period of time (though from memory, it feels like forever as you are going through it). I am so glad you followed your heart before you even knew what you were getting into.

May Santa bring all of you wonderful treats for Christmas. :xmas Hugs and scritches :bighug:gh_child for your wonderful girl. :star:dogcookie :dogcookie :dogcookie

Edited by Vinnie

Oh Sweetie~you are so brave~so beautiful. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest grey_dreams

What a stoic trooper she is! I can't believe how she laid there so calmly while they performed the treatment. She sure is a brave and beautiful girl! :kiss2 Wish you all a lot of fun and joy during these holidays.

she is being such a good girl! I'm so glad things are going well...continued prayers for that sweet girl of yours :hope :hope :hope

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)