Lacey Laine

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a roller coaster you and Lacey are on....Sending positive thoughts that this is just a blip in her overall recovery.

Edited by SusanP

I'm glad that Lacey is still feeling well in spite of this setback. We will all be sending lots of good thoughts and hopes that this will be just a small bump in the road on the way to her total recovery.

Hugs to you - it really is an awful emotional rollercoaster for you. :grouphug:grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Oh, Patty, I know, "rollercoaster" is definitely the word I would use too. :grouphug

Our vet had warned me from the start that we weren't trying to "cure" the disease but only to control it. He never used the word remission, so it was a little easier to deal w because I knew it would come back, but it was a rollercoaster because we did a very similar set of chemo treatments five or six times the first year. After that we went to the salvage treatment. The 'sick' weeks after the hard chemos were the worst.

Unless the vet is using very high (curative) doses of the chemo agents, I would imagine you could run through the set several times before needing to change to another agent. Not that you want to do that, but it is possible. I actually think there's only the one that is cardio-toxic that has a limit on it. Lacey had such a good response the first time, I definitely think she should have a good response this time too. Do you know what the salvage agent(s) will be?

Please give Lacey and all your pack (especially yourself) some gentle hugs for me.

Donna

ETA--As long as Lacey is eating her special diet she should be okay. The fussy eating is difficult, and since Lacers has to stay on her special food, that is probably your biggest hurdle w her. Eat sweet girl, eat lots, and make me and your momma happy girls!

Edited by DaisyDoodle

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Here's hoping that this is just another small bump in what has been a very bumpy road for all of you. I can't help but think that Ms. Lacey's racing around and playing is a good sign and indicates this is just a small setback.

Oh, Patty, I know, "rollercoaster" is definitely the word I would use too. :grouphug

Our vet had warned me from the start that we weren't trying to "cure" the disease but only to control it. He never used the word remission, so it was a little easier to deal w because I knew it would come back, but it was a rollercoaster because we did a very similar set of chemo treatments five or six times the first year. After that we went to the salvage treatment. The 'sick' weeks after the hard chemos were the worst.

Unless the vet is using very high (curative) doses of the chemo agents, I would imagine you could run through the set several times before needing to change to another agent. Not that you want to do that, but it is possible. I actually think there's only the one that is cardio-toxic that has a limit on it. Lacey had such a good response the first time, I definitely think she should have a good response this time too. Do you know what the salvage agent(s) will be?

Please give Lacey and all your pack (especially yourself) some gentle hugs for me.

Donna

ETA--As long as Lacey is eating her special diet she should be okay. The fussy eating is difficult, and since Lacers has to stay on her special food, that is probably your biggest hurdle w her. Eat sweet girl, eat lots, and make me and your momma happy girls!

Thanks all. Yes Donna it is the Adriamycin that is cardio-toxic. She had that one last time and then they have no chemo the following week. She also came off the Prednisone during this time. Dr. Shawna said possibly the week without chemo and coming off the pred set her back a bit. They are not going to do rescue chemo at this point...she said we for at least this week will still follow the Madison Wisconsin protocol. Of course as we know things can always change...our appointment is at 1:00pm so we have to leave here by 11:00am. Yes her nutrition is of greyt worry. It is not like I can offer her some yummy table food to get her going. Also she has to be thee MOST stubborn little thing! :lol I sure hope her weight is up...she was at 49 pounds last Wednesday. :blush

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

C'mon Lacey, remember, you have to kick that cancer's a$$!!!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Good thoughts for Miss Lacey. I know she can beat it!

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Adding my prayers and good healing thoughts for Lacey Laine.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson