I Am Devestated...

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sending more prayers Rusty's way! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Come on Rusty - you have come so far Buddy - keep on trying for your Mommy.

Prayers from Orlando for Rusty and for you.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm sorry your baby boy is feeling poorly. :( Sending LOTS more prayers, light and :getwell wishes. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Adding many more prayers for Rusty-he's such a sweetie.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

:candle :candle :candle :candle :hope :hope :hope :hope

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

:candle:candle:candle:hope:candle:candle:candle Checking in for a pupdate.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Rusty was laying around this morning, wouldn't go out, wouldn't drink (he's been drinking

a lot) would not lift his head to get a drink. After I call ed the vet and made an app't.

I went in his room and I raised him up so he was on his side and put the water dish in front

of him, he drank it! Then when we were ready to go to the vets I got his leash and let him

see it.. the little bugger sat up and I put the leash on him and helped him up.

He is pretty wobbly so I thought we'd have to carry him down the steps and into the car.

Well, he got to the steps and jumped to the ground without touching a step!!

He is still very weak and needs to eat some food. I keep thinking he's going to starve

to death. I bought 4 different kinds of canned dog food on the way home, I opened 3

and he didn't want any. He has got to eat. I finally gave him a chicken jerky, I figure if he's

on his death bed, he won't eat, well he ate it. I'm not going to feed him so many like yesterday

but at least he won't starve if he has a couple of those. My nerves can't take much more. Sorry

for all this, I thought he was dying when he wouldn't get up and drink anything,

or go out this morning.

His heart was good, took a sample of blood from his incision and said everything

seemed ok, except...

he needs to eat some food. I wish he would eat some food. :cry1

Thank again for all your prayers. :grouphug

See, I'm losing it, I already told you he wasn't feeling good in the othe post. :wacko: Sorry.

Edited by nyGreys

Eat, Rusty, eat for Mommy!

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I'm sorry to hear about Rusty. After Morgan's amputation, he refused food for a long stretch and we resorted to a couple of forced feedings to get his system started. It worked. We found instructions from a Vet, (might be Dr. Stack?), on-line. ID worked best because it was the firmest canned food. We refrigerated it to make it firmer. Remove it from the can. Cut it in half so you have 2 cylinders. Take a cylinder and cut it from the top like a pie. You will end of with 6 or 8 wedge (or pie) shaped pieces. You take a piece and shove it down their throat like you are pilling them. I agree with the chicken broth idea. Another one is Nutrical to get a few calories in him. Some times they won't lick something up, but if you put some on your finger and put it on their tongue, it gets them interested.

Guest tricolorhounds

We are still working every day to get Cecily to eat so I feel your pain and concern. This is what is working for us.

What has worked the best for me has been POT ROAST. I put a boneless piece of beef in the crock pot, added some barley and covered with water (no spices.) Cooked it probably 10 hours. She couldn't get enough.

To get her to drink water the 1st couple of days, I'd put chicken broth in it... She'd drink the whole bowl.

You can also put a rotisserie chicken in the crock pot covered with water and cook until it falls off the bone. If you use plenty of water, there's enough salt free broth for his drinking water too. After a couple of days, I added in some kibble and soaked it in the broth and Cess ate that too.

We've also found that she is more excited about eating when the food is warmed.

Good luck,

Lynnet

We've probably already been through this but here are some things B would eat when he really wasn't motivated to: Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Swirl bread, graham crackers ("piece for me, piece for you"), Tripett (canned green tripe) mixed with a little warm water, spaghettios, Lean Cuisine sesame noodles (Sesame Chicken? something like that), plain scrambled eggs, vanilla yogurt, almost anything with a spoonful of vanilla ice cream on top, almost anything with honey or molasses drizzled on it, velveeta-type cheese slices ..... I fed a lot of the Evanger's canned meats, and a lot of mixed cooked chicken/beef/spinach/egg/molasses. He couldn't have fish so we didn't try tuna or salmon or mackerel.

Sometimes warming the food (not too hot!) and feeding him from a people bowl with a spoon worked.

Sending hugs and many prayers (and delicious scents wafting through the air to tempt your boy!).

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.