I Am Devestated...

Guest GiJenn51

Eeek!! That is swollen! Have you thought about some epsom salts? I don't know how his boo boos are but it might help.

Give him a smooch for me (if you don't mind). He's so handsome!!!!

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rusty got sick about 1:30 this morning. :sad1

I don't think it was the turkey neck, he wanted some biscuits

about dinner time, I think he ate to many. :cry1

The vet said he might have had to much rich stuff. He said to try to get him to eat

some dog food, and bland stuff. How do I make him eat dog food if he doesn't want it? :huh

I shouldn't have

gave him the biscuits, but I thought they would be better than not eating at all. :dunno

He won't eat his kibble. I'm going to the pet store and try to find some dog food

he might eat. He loves chicken so I'll try to get something with lots of chicken flavor so it'll taste

like treats. :unsure

Please keep your prayers coming, thank you so much.

:(

Come on, Rusty's innards, gotta get better!

I too would probably go with plain boiled chicken and rice or similar.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:grouphug

C'mon Rusty, you have to eat your dinner before you can have dessert.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Mashed potatoes might go down easy too. I don't know about butter through -- maybe make it with something like "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter", the kind that comes in a tub. I dunno; it's vexing.

Marcia

I'm taking Rusty to the vets at 1:00pm. He doesn't seem to be doing to well. He got up this morning

and he went in his room and hasn't gotten up since, I tried to raise his head and he seems

to be in pain. He hasn't drank water like he usually has been doing. He just lays there.

I'm not sure if my boy will make it. crying.gif Please keep praying. ThanKS.

Now I have to get him in the car, he's in pain and I don't know if we

can carry him comfortably.

Edited by nyGreys

Sending many prayers for Rusty. 1PM cannot come soon enough!

Adding to others' suggestions, if you boil chicken for him, save the liquid, chill it so you can remove the fat from the top, and then cook his rice in that liquid. I have also found if mine refuse to eat rice, that egg noodles cooked in defatted chicken broth sometimes work.

Rusty, please feel better. :grouphug

Guest GiJenn51

Dammit. I'll keep him in my prayers Dee. I'm sure he'll be OK... set back are likely--- :hope :hope

Have you tried giving him some watered down chicken broth?

Guest SquanHound

I hope he is ok. Adding to the suggestions -- I would make some smashed potatos, but don't use any butter just use chicken stock to soften them up. Also, as Jen suggested, try and spike his water with low sodium chic stock if he won't drink regular water. Rusty is in my prayers

Prayers for Rusty. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg