I Am Devestated...

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

He looks good! The swelling in his legs will go down as he moves around.

It's amazing what a good nights sleep at home will do for ya!

Go Rusty!

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a sweetie :wub: he does look quite comfy at home. When you go grocery shopping maybe get him a roasted chicken (to debone) and some ground round to boil and then mix in some taters. I would offer him food every hour or two. So glad he is home and doing so well. :)

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

your poor baby!!!!

glad he's home!!!

and praying he continues to improve! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest Machbragal

Oh, Rusty!! You've been through a lot. I hope he is doing well at home. You've all been through a lot. Of course, I am continuing my prayers for your boy. I hope he continues to improve.

Guest vahoundlover

Rusty, the prayers are still flowing, I hope your feet get better soon. :kiss2 Keep eating and enjoying all the lovin sweetie.

Sending continued prayers for Rusty. Welcome home sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

It looks like he's got a greyhound body on mastiff legs--sore mastiff legs at that--but that gorgeous greyhound face is all Rusty. :beatheart :beatheart

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest FullMetalFrank

Yay for the Tater! I am glad he's home and eating a little; those poor swollen legs will get better. Give him a big ol' kiss!

How is Rusty doing this morning?

He's doing pretty good this afternoon. He hasn't been eating hardly anything.

I couldn't seem to find anything he wants to eat except chicken jerky treats. <_<

So I happened to be getting something outta the freezer and noticed turkey necks. :huh

He loves turkey necks, so I take them out he notices the package and comes over

and takes a sniff, I open it and then he really goes nuts, I mean I thought he was gonna hurt

himself so I thought why not? :dunno They aren't spicey, he hasn't wanted to eat hardly anything

so I gave him one. Well, he chomped that down in about 5 mins. (it was frozen or it would've

been 2 mins.) :lol That was around 2:00, so far he's kept it down. :goodluck

I think his legs look alittle smaller also. :) His feet were bleeding this morning but I think

they've stopped for now. My poor boy, his feet look so sore. :(

I hope he starts eating his regular food soon, I think he's getting used to being spoiled. :beatheart

We see the bleeding/seeping between the toes with our broken leg kids if they've just had surgery and the leg doesn't get wrapped quite right - all that fluid is trying to find a way out! Usually that's helped by us re-wrapping the leg and including the toes in the wrap. I'm sure Rusty will just re-absorb everything though it will feel funny for him to walk for a few days.

If you want to help it along you can wrap his legs with Ace bandage...but you have to start at his feet to encourage the fluid to move up the leg. That might just annoy him more though :P

Yay for turkey necks! :yay

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

We're going to have to change his name from Mr. Tater to Mr. Gobble. :yay Rusty

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Go little boy go! Yahooooooooooooo! :clap:clap:clap:clap

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Good boy, Rusty. He has good taste - turkey necks are great!

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

If Rusty is OK with letting you touch his legs, try very gently massaging them, starting at the ankles and moving upward with your strokes.

After our JC had his amputation surgery, he had a LOT of swelling - at one point the only place that wasn't swollen was the top of his head (yes, it really was that bad - he looked more like a turkey than a greyhound). Fortunately the swelling in the body went down fairly quickly, but the legs were stubborn and of course you can't tell a dog he's got to keep his feet elevated, so we massaged his legs and coaxed the fluid upward - it helped quite a bit and within 48 hours it was all gone.

If Rusty is OK with letting you touch his legs, try very gently massaging them, starting at the ankles and moving upward with your strokes.

After our JC had his amputation surgery, he had a LOT of swelling - at one point the only place that wasn't swollen was the top of his head (yes, it really was that bad - he looked more like a turkey than a greyhound). Fortunately the swelling in the body went down fairly quickly, but the legs were stubborn and of course you can't tell a dog he's got to keep his feet elevated, so we massaged his legs and coaxed the fluid upward - it helped quite a bit and within 48 hours it was all gone.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Here's a pic. The swelling has gone down in the left leg, but is still swollen near his foot.

His right leg is still swollen , but has gone down some.

Rusty_legs_7_14_07.jpg