I Am Devestated...

HE'S HOME! HE'S HOME!

We got home about 5:00. He walked into the yard and peed.

Then he walked over to the kiddie pool and stepped in. :P Then we came inside. He

ate 2 small treats about 6:30. He didn't want taters tonight. :)

It's about 8:30 and so far he hasn't gotten sick. :goodluck

I am so happy, he looks more relaxed and is not panting as hard as he was

at the hosp.

One week ago today my heart was shattered :brokenheart , tonight it's almost

whole again. :heart

Here's my Tater Boy. :beatheart:kiss2 His legs are still so swollen. :sad1

Rusty_home_7_12_07.jpg

Edited by nyGreys

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mommydog

Sendin' big hugs for ya' Rusty :bighug :bighug :bighug

Edited to add: Just a thought, does he like fish ? If he does, some plain steamed white fish would be very nutritious and easy on his stomach.

Edited by Mommydog

Guest IrskasMom

Ohhhhh ....... I am so happy Rusty is HOME ! Sending lots of gentle Hugs for you Mom and Rusty.

:bighug:bighug:bighug:bighug

Edited by IrskasMom

Bless his heart, he looks all cozy and settled in!

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

I am so happy to see that Rusty is home! :yay Sending gentle ear scritches and lots of healing thoughts to Rusty. :grouphug:wub:

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

So glad to see he is home!! My, isn't he handsome!

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

:yay

The swelling should go down in a day or two as his body absorbs those fluids that are in his legs. Maybe try some yogurt too if he likes that...should keep his tummy calm and still give him something for his body to run on.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Rusty looks so happy and content - I am thrilled that he is back with you and your life can return to normal. Is he allowed to eat Mashed Potatoes? We've found that with upset stomachs or lack of appetite our greys feel comfortable eating soft but filling foods. Sometimes we've added pieces of soft bread to it and they like the added bulk to the potatoes. Another soft food is boiled macaroni with Pumpkin or Potatoes added for flavor. These seem to work well as soothing stomach food.

Hugs and good wishes to everyone!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest Snowy8

Kristen...that's what I'm thinking too...walking around & exercising that leg...and him feeling better...not having to lay down as much, his body should start absorbing that fluid. Just keep an eye on it.

YAAAAY Tater Dog is home! Now mommy can get some sleep & must needed rest.

We loves you Rusty!!!

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope (still sending 8 hugs & 8 prayers for continued recovery for both mommy & Rusty)

I hope you all had a good night, and that Rusty wanted some breakfast.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Morning. :wave

Rusty sleep straight through the. :colgate

He didn't throw up his water and treats he had yesterday. :yay

This morning he had a small treat and 2 good sized chicken jerky treats

and so far has kept them down. He had some water to. :thumbs-up

He was a little wobbly on his hind legs when he got up but got more stable as he

walked around. He went outside and peed & pooped, then he lay in the shade for

about 10 mins. :) I think all of these little steps are a good sign. :goodluck

I usually do my shopping on Fridays, but I didn't go last week cause

I was so worried about Rusty and what his ultra sound was going to find. :sad1

I really have to do some shopping today, probably go after DH gets home so he

can be here with the sick boy.

Here he is after his walk outside this morning. :beatheart

Lookit his poor legs. :sad1

Day_after_7_13_07.jpg

WELCOME HOME TATER HEAD!! :yay:yay:yay

He looks great Dee!! Yeah his legs are swollen, but they will go down as he moves around a bit more and the excess fluids are absorbed into his system. He looks very, very happy to be home. Almost as happy as I am to see him home! :lol

Guest LolasMom

Top of the morning, Rusty!!! :P It's so good to see you at home again. Still always thinking of you and sending :beatheart and healing thoughts. :kiss2

Guest greyhound_bug

:yay:yay:yay Good morning and welcome home, Tater Boy!!!

I'm so happy to read that he is doing much better at home. Continuing to send healing thoughts to you and Tater Boy.