Godspeed, Sweet Skittle

Guest Tenderhearts

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rsqdogsmom

Devon, I am so very sorry.:brokenheart

My heart is breaking right along with yours for this beautiful girl that I never even met.

Skittle stories were my favorite. She was so photogenic.

I felt as if I knew her from the first post I read about her, and I loved her from afar.

What a lucky dog she was that you found her!

It was obvious how happy she was with you, Amber and LoriAnn and the rest of your furkids.

It was also obvious that she knew she was loved.

She always appeared to be such a happy dog.

Bless you for taking a dog that no one else wanted and giving her such a good life.

May the memories and photos you have of her bring you comfort until you meet again.

God Bless You and your family at this sad time.

GodSpeed, Sweet Skittle; Run Free.

You will be greatly missed by so many.:brokenheart

:f_pink:angelwings:f_pink

Guest DoofBert

Run free sweet Skittle! Who knows, maybe Skittles can run faster than greyhounds at the rainbow bridge!

DeVon,

We cannot fill the void and words are hard to come by. But, you know that we all loved that little fruitbat. She will live in hearts......And, I'm gonna look for her star in the sky tonight!

Hugs,

Jayne

Guest greycious_gal

DeVon, darling!!!

I am stunned! I am so sorry for your loss, and I agree with all the sentiments here.

Hugs to you! You did not fail that girl in any way, dear. You loved her with all your heart, and she knew that. What a terrific life she had with you...and you with her. She has always been one of the most magnificent non-greys here.

Love to you bits, DeVon!

Guest EmbersDad

...when you can't find the light, that got you through the cloudy days....when the stars aint shinin' bright, and you feel like youve lost your way, when those candle lights of home, burn so very far away, you gotta let your soulshine, just like my daddy used to say.....

gregg allman

you have my deepest sympathies, you did not fail your fruitbat skittles. :grouphugf_yellow

No! I literally gasped when I saw this subject!! NO!

Oh DeVon, I'm so sorry! Small comfort, but at least you were there holding and touching her in her last moments, giving her some comfort on her way out, sending her off knowing just how beloved she was.

Oh dear- I can't see!

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

love will not die or fade. hold on to the wonderful memories you made with skittle. she knew she was loved and waited for you to come get her. she felt your presence DeVon and knew you were all together. Godspeed sweet friend, your work is done.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

DeVon you and Amber have my sincere sympathy. Please don't ever think that you failed the Fruitbat, because you did not. You gave her a home filled with love and scritches. She knew how very much she was loved and cared for. While she is no longer here for you to touch and kiss, she is still here in spirit watching over you both. I have every confidence that she is running at the Rainbow Bridge right now, feeling strong and well. One day many, many years from now you will be reunited with your beloved girlie. Until then, keep on doing what you do to help all of God's creatures, and you will be making Skittle's proud of her Mama.

Carol Ann

:f_pink:f_white:f_pink

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

You gave her a wonderful home filled with love, Devon. That is hardly a failure. Take good care of yourself. I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

:grouphug:bighug and prayers

:f_white:f_pink:f_red

Godspeed Skittle :candle

DynamoandElenasignature.jpg

Tamara with Aragorn the crazy cat, Fawkes the OTTB, and always missing Elena (Rapido Elena - Rapido Ebony x Quiet Traveler 9/11/02-11/14/12) and Dynamo (Dotties Dynamo - Gable Dodge x Geez Darla 3/27/2001-7/21/2012). I hope doggie heaven is paved with peanut butter and the bunnies are slow. Run free and happy.

Guest realboo

Run free with the greys sweet fruitbat. Watch your momma and sister from the bridge.

Devon, thank you so much for giving the fruitbat a second chance - she left you knowing only that she was loved - that is such a gift.

DeVon - words can't begin to tell you how sorry I am :crying:grouphug:f_red

Skittle. You were one in a million. No - scrap that - you were one in a billion. We will never forget you :beatheart Play nicely with Lori Ann whilst you wait to meet your loved ones again.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

DeVon, my heart breaks for your loss. My hugs and prayers are with you and Amber :grouphug :grouphug

What a precious honorary greyhound Miss Skittle was to all of us. :f_pink :f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Guest Snowy8

Oh Devon...I am so so very sorry..... I am just shocked, in disbelief. I saw the title & gasped outloud: NO...

I wish I could come over & hug you tight & tell you this is all just a terrible dream & misunderstanding.

Skittle was an honorary greyhound here on Greytalk...I love hearing your crazy stories about her & the other zoo members.

I love the way you went above & beyond to help her & her brother & mommy find homes away from that shelter.

I love the way she used to scramble for the couch as soon as you or Amber got up so she could have a warm spot.

I know it is so hard to accept that she is now gone away from you....but she's there with Loriann & Pegasus & all the others who have gone before her & she's running & playing and there is no pain there. No seizures, no broken hearts. Only butterflies & rainbows. Sleeping all day on clouds & listening to the tinkeling of the stars when the wind blows.

:f_pink021007snoozingfruitbat.jpg:f_pink

The Pink Princess

Devon we love you, we'll have you in our prayers today asking for strength through this horrible time of sadness. If there is ANYTHING we can do, please don't hesitate to ask. Love you, Hilda & Gogh

Snowy Banker Jack BuyCut Pipi Gabby & Dear

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Edited by Snowy8