Godspeed, Sweet Skittle

Guest Tenderhearts

DeVon, I think you need to post random-Skittle-pictures now and then. Just because she's at the Bridge doesn't mean we all don't still need our Skittle fix! <insert stern look here>

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sassichari

Your story broke my heart, it is hard to write through my tears. You did not fail your sweet Skittle. You gave her a life she could have never had if it had not been for your love. She feels your love in heaven and watches you from the bridge. Peace will come to you in time. Let yourself feel the pain but remeber all the love and happiness! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Guest blastsmom

Devon,

I am soooo soooo sorry! I just saw this. I guess being so wrapped up with Bullett's osteo dx.... I have been away from the board trying to let it all sink in.

I can't believe it... I can't stop the tears....

One thing we know.....Skittles is at the bridge, watching over us, and making sure all our babies are inline!!

:f_white:f_white

Terri

Oh, DeVon...I was SHOCKED when I saw Skittles' "Bridge Kid" designation in your siggie when you added pics to the "Pups In Pools" thread. I guess I'd been avoiding the medical and remembrance forums while going through some crud in my own life lately.

I've looked up all your posts about her last days, and am bawling my eyes out. The Fruitbat has given my DH and I so many laughs since I joined this site (including the muddy pups in the pool!), and the love you have for all your crew is inspirational.

My deepest, if belated, condolences.....

:grouphug

Lisa

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 1mytymedic

The words do not come easy, but we rarely fail our dogs. They know that no matter what we have loved them with all that we have and done all that we can for them. Never feel that you failed her. She has only known all the good in life with you. I am so sorry.

• 3 weeks later...