Godspeed, Sweet Skittle

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Peanut

you certainly did not fail her. you were her mom when she needed one and you were there to let her go. Hugs to you and all your loved ones.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Snowy8

11skittle_patch2.jpg

Here's a picture of baby Skittle & her brother when Devon first rescued them. Look at them little freckles...Even as a baby girl she had that attitude look on her face like: Dis cowch is mine brudder...you can look but dunt get comfortable.

The pink princess even at a young age.

Guest Winterwish

Devon,I am so,so sorry. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug:weep :weep

You did not fail her. :weep You adore Skittle,and she adores you,and knows forever and ever what it means to be loved because of you. You gave your beautiful white butterfly that eternal gift Devon,and she flies the heavens with your love as her windsail. Thank you so much for sharing your special girlie with us Devon. :grouphug Sending my deepest sympathies to you Devon and Amber,and the pups too.

Fly free darling Skittle,with all our love ~ :candle:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink:candle

This so very sad. I know your pain is overwhelming right now. I am so very sorry. I'm so glad you got to hold her to your heart as she left, knowing how much she was loved. You gave her everything she needed Devon. Her life was good.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

All the pups at the bridge must've been bored and needing a pink princess to liven up the place! I'm betting Loriann and Bart have already had their ears cleaned!

I'm gonna really miss the Skittle stories!

Many hugs to Devon and Amber!

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

Guest Machbragal

Oh, no. I am so sorry. I wish I could help you to feel better. I am so terribly sorry for your loss. We are ALL going to miss your baby so much.

Guest Zophia

I am in shock with you! I haven't been around for a little while, and I come back to see this. I am so very, truly sorry. Skittle was one of my favorite pups on here. Gods, this is so not fair!!

I hope, with time, your heart may begin to mend. :f_white:f_white:f_white Many, many hugs to you and Amber, and your other pooches, too.

May Dog guide you on a safe Journey, Skittle. I'll be blowing kisses in the wind to you.

Guest Mommydog

Typing this with tears in my eyes. I am so, so sorry DeVon. When I first joined GT, out of all the lovely hounds here, it was Skittle and Lori Ann who stuck out in my mind, to me they were synonymous with Greytalk. Please know you never ever failed her, you did your utmost for her, and she had the best most loving home any dog could ever wish for. I, and I'm sure many others will never ever forget her.:f_pink:grouphug

Godspeed sweet Skittle.

I can't get your sweet girl off my mind. :weep

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Skittle. Fruitbat. Princess of Pinkiness. Skittle Diddle Knick Knack. The Albino Fruitbat. Kung-Fu Skittle. Junior partner of the law firm "Froelinger & Fruitbat". You made so many of us smile with your sweetness and unique style. Could anyone ever wear double strand pearls nearly as well as you? I think not. You also gave us so much wonderful advice on the best techniques for counter surfing, mud baths, make up, lap warming, self-defense from terriorists, snuggles and ear cleaning. Please send your mom and sister a sign soon that you are ok (but make it a REALLY good one).

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest gapeach1

Sending sincere sympathy for your loss. Thank your commitment and love for Skittle. You will be together once again, when the time is right, and she will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge. Until then, take comfort that she is with all of our beloved cherished houndies that had to leave many of us way too soon. I know my two bridge angels, Tony and Jack will look out for your sweet girl, Skittle.

GAPeach1

Guest Lori

DeVon, you made such a good home for Skittle. Even if someone else had taken her in, who would have given her the love you gave her? She needed to be with other dogs but have her special shy needs accomodated, too, which you did. And Amber and your grandkids being so good with her, knowing she was shy.

You gave her LOVE, kitty and doggy ears to clean, frankentoes to nurse, a big bed with lots of friends to cuddle with. She was loved by many here and admired by scores of people.

I know your heart is breaking and you will miss her, I'm so sorry. I'm so glad I got to know her.

Godspeed, sweet Skittle

Guest MaxAndMazy

I'm crying with you. I'm positive Lori Anne has already had her ears cleaned by Ms. Skittle. You didn't fail her DeVon - you loved her with all your heart and soul and she knew that.

Sending hugs to you and Amber,

Nancy

Skittles...run free with your brother Bart and Lori Ann. Please make sure to let you mom know your up there looking down on her.

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest GreyFox

DeVon, I'm so sorry. You absolutely did not fail Skittle ... you gave her a loving home from the beginning and were with her when she took her last breath. You were a devoted friend to her. I will miss reading about skittle and seeing her pictures here. I always wanted to give her ear scritches.

Love and warm thoughts.

I'm so very sorry DeVon. :weep Skittles knows she was a cherished family member and your very special girlie. There'll never be another pupper like her. :heart I'm sure Lori Ann was right there to welcome her to the Bridge with roos and play bows. :beatheart May you find peace with your loss of such a bright spirit. :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.