Godspeed, Sweet Skittle

Guest Tenderhearts

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IndysDad

DeVon, I'm sorry...We grieve with you;I feel that Skittle was a part of our family too..

Condolences and prayers from our family to you and yours.

Guest PeteysMom

Devon and Amber, please know how very sorry I am to hear about Skittle. She was a very special girl and will truly be missed by us all. Hugs to the both of you!!

Guest gr84me

Godspeed, Skittle. Run and play, healthy and free, and be sure to kick some stardust down on your Mom and Amber! It's not quite the same as an ear-cleaning, but I'm sure they'd give anything to hear from you.

I'm so sorry, DeVon and Amber. It's only possible to know great heartbreak if you have known great love. I wish you peace that passes understanding.

Guest FatCatSkinnyDog

DeVon, I'm not sure how I missed this yesterday- I'm so sorry!! :bighug Skittle knows how much you will always love her and she will be greatly missed.

Edited by FatCatSkinnyDog

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

We are grieving with you DeVon. We all loved her sooooo much. I had to come back twice before I got through the OP :cry1

Lori Ann will be so happy to see the fruitbat. :grouphug to you and Amber, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Guest GriffinsMom

My heart broke as I read this post and I can barely see through my tears to type. Skittle was a very special girl that lived with very special people.

I always looked forward to pictures and stories of your pups that included Skittle. She was wonderful and will be woefully missed.

My deepest sympathy to you and to Amber. :grouphug:f_red

Devon, I am so, so sorry. I wish words and loving thoughts would make grief fade but they have no magic to offer. Never doubt that Skittles knew you were there with her and felt all the warmth and comfort of your loving presence. Your GT friends are grieving with you and for you. :grouphug

Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I can't believe she's gone. You most certainly didn't fail her--anyone here could see how greatly she was loved and cared for.

Godspeed little one.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Devon, I haven't posted until now because I was searching for words that still are escaping me :sad1

my heart is breaking along with yours, as are all of ours here that know and love Skittle. There have been so many times I would gladly give my own suffering to remove that of my babies -- and I know you feel the same way. :cry1

Losing them is so hard -- it makes you question if it's worth it, I know I have. But one quick memory, fleeting through your head, of even just one happy moment in their lives, tells you it completely worth it. :cry1

sending many, many hugs yours and Amber's way...BIG hugs. :bighug :bighug :bighug Your Skittle was truly a 'diamond in the rough'.

Kim

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh DeVon, I'm so sorry. I just saw this because I'm away at Mountain Hounds. My heart goes out to you. I know how much you love Skittles. Cherish all the wonderful memories you have of your sweet baby.

Godspeed Skittles :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest KennelMom

Oh my God...I just...I just can't believe what I'm reading. My heart is broken along side yours.... :cry1 :cry1

Godspeed, Skittle...the original, the only, the amazing albino fruitbat hound doggy :candle1 We will all miss you...

Guest TriciasZoo

There are no words, Devon. Only my deepest sympathies, and many many thoughts and prayers. :hope :hope :hope:candle :candle :bighug :bighug :f_pink :f_pink