Godspeed, Sweet Skittle

Guest Tenderhearts

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest poochnme
I went to pick up Skittle this morning to bring her home to be with us. She had a bad seizure when they went back to get her ready for me.

She was brought to the car on a stretcher, heavily sedated. I had her in the front seat with me, her head on my lap. Her eyes were open, pupils dilated, and I kept stroking her and telling her how much I loved her and tried not to wreck on the way home. I pray she was in there somewhere and heard my words and felt my touch.

Amber had her comforter on the sofa sleeper, we laid her there with her head on the pillow. I spooned up behind her, and she closed her eyes and rested. I just kept telling her how much she was loved, spooned up against her the entire time.

She went downhill fast, was making moaning noises and I called my vet. By the time we had her on a big towel to use as a stretcher, she was seizing.

My heart broke all the way to the clinic as I held her.

I don't know if I will ever be whole again. I feel like I failed her.

I'm sorry I can't post a lovely tribute because she so deserves one. I am praying I have the strength to do that later.

She was my diamond in the rough, my jewel that no one else saw before she came to me, the dog who was going to be euthanized at 5 months of age because of her overwhelming shyness.

My heart is shattered in a million pieces right now.

You were so very loved, albino fruitbat. Please tell Lori Ann how much we miss her too. Please send us a sign you made it to the rainbow bridge okay.

Oh no!!! I am so sorry. I loved the stories you wrote about her. :bighug

Cathy

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am so sorry. You did not let her down; no way. You gave her a loving home and a family and shared her with the world. She was a beautiful girl and will be missed.

OMG DeVon, I can't believe this! I'm sorry I am just now seeing this. I'm speechless. I know you and Amber are beside yourselves but you know, Skittle aka Albino Frutibat, aka Pinky Princess knew how much she was loved and she certainly gave it back ten fold. We will all miss her. Please stop with the guilt, you did all you could, I know that's easier said than done but you are one of the most caring/responsible dog owners I know.

I'm sending you and Amber a big hug and know that I will pray for your broken hearts.

Skittle rest in peace pretty girl and thanks for all the laughter you gave us with your antics, the picture of you with the lipstick kisses on your sweet head will stay with me forever. I just wish I had actually had the pleasure to meet you in person. I know you are with Lori Ann and the two of you will certainly reek havic at the bridge, so take it easy sweety on all the other pups and play nice. Send your mommy and skin sister a rainbow when you can to let them know you are ok.

What a sad, sad day................

Praying for all the missing greys!

I'm so sorry....wishing you peace. All our sympathy.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Devon, you didn't fail Skittle, you gave her more of a life than she was to ever know. Because of you, Albino Fruitbats are famous. I hope you find peace in your memories. f_yellow

The team of Freilinger and Fruitbat is once again together, at the bridge.

We'll miss you Skittle. Give Lori Ann some big kisses from all of us.

Edited by MomofSweetPotatoes

I am so very sorry for your loss - tears are flowing for the passing of sweet Skittles and for the heartbreak you are feeling. Always remember how much she loved you in return for the wonderful life you gave her. The fruitbat became a real personality to all of us thru the adventures you shared - your love for her was always shining thru in all the stories. The Pink Princess will live on not just in your memories but in all of us who laughed at her adventures and are now crying at her loss. I wish you comfort for the pain you are feeling now.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest TaniandMalachy

DeVon...words fail...I am so very sorry. :cry1

Just be sure that she knew how very much you loved her...how could she not? Your affection shines out of all your posts. You were a great Mom to Skittles. You gave her a great life and did all you possibly could for her. I hope you can soon find some comfort in that. :grouphug

Just like everyone else here, I'll miss your little fruitbat.

Guest Lala

Oh DeVon! :weep I so am truly sorry for this tremendous loss. I pray that your broken hearts are healed with the warm, loving memories of your beautiful Pink Princess and all of her antics. She's now hanging with Lori Ann watching over the whole family. Thank you for caring so deeply for this girl. You most certainly never failed her - you gave her love. You and Amber gave her a wonderful life. We are all lucky to have gotten the chance to enjoy her along with you. I will miss the famous Fruitbat. Godspeed sweet girl.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink :f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

:grouphug:f_white:f_white I can't imagine your sadness right now. Just wanted to add another voice here that echoes the sentiment that we could tell how much you loved Skittle. May the raw pain eventually subside and the good memories help you heal. I feel for your family.
Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Oh DeVon, I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am....I just can't find the words....but I do know that your beautiful girl knows that you loved her and always will....and that you did your very best for her.

Every time I read that another beautiful pupper has crossed to the bridge it brings back that awful empty chasm inside that I felt when my angels have left me....sending you all the love and strength that I can muster.

Run free beautiful Skittle...the Boyz are waiting to greet you :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest weycoolgrey
You have paid tribute to Miss Skittles from the first post you made about her.

Couldn't have been said any better!!

Edited by weycoolgrey

:grouphug

I'm sorry I can't post a lovely tribute because she so deserves one.

Oh Dev, you have given us a legacy and tribute to the fruitbat many times over, we all feel like we knew her because of your posts and stories.

We will see you later Princess of Pinkness, and until then, we will remember you with a smile.

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.