Godspeed, Sweet Skittle

Guest Tenderhearts

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. Skittle was one of a kind and was loved by so many of us.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

:weep:weep:weep

DeVon and Amber I'm so sorry, I know how much she meant to both of you.

Skittle will be missed by many.

:grouphug:grouphug

Run free Skittle.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

Guest fountainpengwen
:( I'm so, so sorry! I've been thinking about you and Amber and how heartbreaking this is for you. I remember the night before we sent Luna over the bridge, when her body was failing her, lying behind her on the floor and hugging her like you did with Skittle. That memory will be with you always. You did not fail her, you did everything you could and I know she appreciated that. She will be with you always. Godspeed, sweet Fruitbat!

Dear DeVon and Miss Amber,

I'm crying with you. You did NOT fail Skittles - you saw her beauty and gave her a second chance. You loved her and shared her silly pictures with us, and gave her back the unconditional love she gave to you. We'll miss the stories about her, just like Lori Ann's. It's not fair that we outlive our best friends like this, but it is good to know that they await our arrival at the Bridge, and we'll be together again some day. I hope you can put the pieces of your heart together some day soon. You can't replace the Fruitbat, but other 4-legged friends will continue to come into - and out of - your lives. Please be gentle with yourselves - there was nothing you could do.

Guest greymomx2

I'm so sorry DeVon :cry1 You did not fail her.

Run with the wind, sweet Skittle. Say hi to all our Bridgekids, and choose yourself a nice sunbeam to bask in.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Guest Mom2Shiloh

:weep I'm so sorry for your loss . . . I didn't even "get to know" Skittle on the board -- I've always had trouble navigating here and I just am beginning to find my way around a bit.

I've always been a Greyhound person but for the past 6 years I've lived with Samson the Love-a-Bull, a now 12 year old American Pitbull Terrier and I've learned so much about these wonderful and highly misunderstood dogs.

Oh she looks like such a sweetheart! My heart goes out to you.. in fact I've been sitting here sobbing and I only just met her --- DeVon, death really is just a doorway. She knows how well she was loved. Grieve well, and heal soon and Bless.

Sage, Mom2Shiloh, in RI

:f_red

Guest WarmheartedPups

I am so sorry for your loss....Skittle sounds like a VERY special dog.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

:f_red

Sweetheart, while you were here you lightened your momma's and Miss Amber's hearts and made so many smiles and so many friends. Who could know that a small shy funny looking girl would grow up to be so beautiful and to have so marvelous a character? Your momma knew, bless her sad heart. I'm sorry you didn't have a longer time with her and your other friends here.

Godspeed, Skittle. Rest well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest SakiMom

Oh Devon, what can I say..... I am so very very sorry. Skittles was the cutest fruitbat I knew!! I love that you loved her. You did not fail her you gave her a great life that would have been gone had she been euthanized. She brought you such comfort, and joy. And all of us share in your sorrow! The kiss from Miss Amber will forever remain on her forehead!

Run free and easy Skittles

:brokenheart:brokenheart:f_white:f_white:f_white:f_white:brokenheart :brokenheart

I never know what to say in these situations, but know that once again I have tears in my eyes for a dog I have never met, but who touched my life, as well as so many others, with a happy light.

My tears are for you, too, Devon, and Amber as well, for you both have also touched many lives here.

Godspeed, Skittle. And sincerest hugs of sympathy to you, Devon, and you, Amber.

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

DeVon - As we have all grown to know and love the Pink Princess, so we shall all grieve her leaving us for the bridge. We cannot take the pain away but we can share it with you as best we can. You have paid both the members of this board and Miss Skittles the highest of tributes. You shared her with us as if she were ours as well. You gave her to us through her pictures and stories. And because of your generousity we have been given the blessings of laughs, smiles and giggles that we all need at one time or another. You have paid tribute to Miss Skittles from the first post you made about her. Love is the thing that holds us together and love is the thing that breaks our hearts. Thank you for making her the pup that belonged, just a little, to us all. :brokenheart

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest KyGrey

NNNOOOOOO!!!!! It's not fair!!

I was so hoping I would get home from work tonight and there would be a good update on Skittle. I am so sorry!! I wish I could afford to fly to Kansas and just hold you and Miss Amber in my arms. We could all cry together. Skittle was one of my favorite non-greys even though she didn't know she wasn't a grey. Such attitude!! :wub: You worked very hard to give her the best home she could have had. My heart is breaking for you and Miss Amber. There are no words that will make things better. Just know you, Miss Amber and your crew are in my thoughts and if there's anything I can do just let me know.

Godspeed Princess Skittle. f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

So very sorry for your sudden loss.....

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I am so devastated for you DeVon, I just don't even know what to say.

I was so clear how loved she was---not just by you but by all of us on GT. I can't imagine GT without the Fruitbat :weep:weep:weep:weep

Run free, beautiful girl...

And :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug to you DeVon!

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers