Godspeed, Sweet Skittle

Guest Tenderhearts

Oh DeVon and Amber, my heart is breaking for you. Your Skittle Diddle was one of a kind. You did not fail her. You did everything you could. We will all miss her so much, but no where near as much as you will. :grouphug:weep

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This poem by W.H. Auden expresses grief better than anything I've ever read.

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,

Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone

Silence the pianos and with muffled drum

Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let the airplanes circle moaning overhead

Scribbling on the sky the message She is Dead

Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,

Let the traffice policeman wear black cotton gloves.

She was my NOrth, my South, my East and West,

My working week and my Sunday rest,

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;

I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

Thed stars are not wanted now: put out every one;

Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun:

Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.

For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I am so, so very sorry for your loss. Skittle was a beautiful girl who deserved every bit of love you gave her. She had a full happy life because of you & that is no small accomplishment.

Rest easy, sweet Skittle and send some fruitbat fairy dust down to Devon & Amber. :f_pink

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm so sorry :sad1

:grouphug

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Oh, no. I am so sorry. I lost my Crooked girl last June and I felt like I failed her, too. But I didn't and you didn't fail Skittles, either. She knows how much you loved her and that is what mattered the most to her. Please don't beat yourself up. You helped make her the dog that she grew up to be and you should be proud of that.

Hugs to you and to Amber.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest MountainHounds

Oh Devon :grouphug I wish I knew the words to help mend your broken heart, but there are none. Thank you so much for sharing so much of Skittle's life with us, she touched so many on this board and brought so many smiles to so many.

Godspeed Skittle, you were so loved and will be missed beyond description

oh no!! my heart breaks for you, as well as for so many of us who loved her :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest gretzky

I'm so sorry. I was just getting to know her from your posts. May the happy memories comfort you all in the days ahead.

Guest greymom1997

The best comfort I can add is that you were with her at the very end... she died being loved in the fullest... Her last breath you took together... My first two passed 11 days apart in 2005 and I held them in my arms as they took their last breath. I'm Buddhist and that is one of the most precious moments in the cycle of life... Death is no end... your relationship has simply changed... love lives on forever...

I'm so sorry for your loss. :f_red:f_red:f_red

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza

I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your precious fruitbat. My heart is breaking for you. :f_whitef_yellow:bighug

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

Guest formercatlady

:cry1 Devon - no words can make this any easier for you, but I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

We all loved the Fruitbat.

f_yellow

Godspeed Skittle.

Guest cathyem
:weep:weep I'm in tears. I always love the stories about Skittles, the Albino Fruitbat. Special prayers for you and Amber. I guess Lori Ann needed her more than you did.

I am so desperately sorry. :cry1

But I do know that you didn't fail her: you gave her the best possible life.

Godspeed Skittle. Go find LA and have a meeting of the firm.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)