Winslow's Diary

Guest Winslowsmom

If I can find another duck at the pet store, I'll get it for Winslow and contact you for mailing info! Ady Bea will be so excited to send a present to Winslow!!! :colgate:inlove

How sweet! He looks at Ady Bea every time we read his diary. Says she's really cute.

He loves that Darcy girl in the UK, but he's been known to have a wandering eye. Thinks he's a playboy.

:paw:paw

:paw

(winslow approves this message)

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

February 6, 2010

It's still snowing here. Should be clear by Thurs.

We don't bother with the sidewalks.. instead we dig roads through the woods to the potty.

There is of course, one of us who is not affected by the storm.

Gotta go. Steps need shoveled again.

g.

2010_0206MISC0020.jpg

2010_0206MISC0031.jpg

2010_0206MISC0032.jpg

2010_0206MISC0024.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Look at that boy go!

:wub:

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh, my gosh! You got more than we did! But of course, a path must be cleared for the boy. He looks great. We're hoping to see him in person next week-end, but right now, it doesn't look too good. If another storm comes through, we probably won't make it.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• 2 weeks later...

Winslow must be soooo happy with all of this icy cold snow. :colgate

We need a full birthday party report. Diane, I never heard if you actually made it!

Glynis, I'm so sad to have missed celebrating with Winslow this year - but there's always next year. :)

Looking forward to seeing photos of hte festivities. Oh, and thank goodness the pups are all sleeping right now so they can't see that they missed special Burpdog cakes, they would have my head! :yikes

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

February 16, 2010

Hi Diane,

We are happy that you could come to Winslow's party. Smaller this year, due to weather and parking, but he had fun, just the same.

The celebration began for him on Friday. First, he got DUCKY in the mail from Ady Bea. Oh, he loved that duck.

Then, a big red pillow from you! When he saw you, he knew it was party time. He got a beautiful new Mardi Gras collar and a very cool zebra from Ember's Dad. He loved getting that box in the mail!

Carol came from Delaware, she brought Mardi Gras beads! How did she know? Some of his other favorite humans from around here showed up, bringing cards and toys. Winslow likes to read his cards.

All in all it was a success. Birthday boy is still tired and still munching on his leftover cake.

Pictures attached.

I'm off to do his thank you's.. He's still too tired.

Glynis

2010_0213MISC00211.jpg

2010_0213MISC00241.jpg

2010_0213MISC00261.jpg

2010_0213MISC00341.jpg

2010_0213MISC00381.jpg

2010_0213MISC00481.jpg

2010_0213MISC00591.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

aw, looks like a GREYT party!!! :yay :yay :yay

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:lol:lol I love the 'wild' look in his eyes as he's pulling out that zebra!

Yeah - I thought that one was funny too!

Happy Belated Birthday and Laissez bontomps roulez (or something like that...)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest EmbersDad

drew brees as king of mardi gras...i think not. im glad winslow liked his zebra and it looks like the collar fits well. happy birthday pal, wish i could have been there.

:wub: Winslow :wub:

My favorite pic is the one of him with the Ducky...very intent look on his face there :lol

Looks like it was a great party, thrown in true Winslow style! :D

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I really am sorry I missed this. I love that last pic of him snoozing after a wild time with the remnants of his fun surrounding him.

You know...I am really thinking Winslow would also enjoy a half-birthday party...

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest madredhare

I just caught up on Winslow's journey. What a journey indeed. I have laughed and cried. Thanks for sharing and giving us some hope.

February 27, 2010

Hi Diane,

How are you doing? Is there a break before the next tax season?

At least you aren't getting snow.

As you know, Winslow has taken a liking to coffee. Knowing that caffeine is bad and decaf probably is too, we have been giving him "special" coffee. 1 tsp. coffee with a lot of cream, 3 tbs. water.

Winslow, of course is totally in love with Darcy Deerhound in the UK.

Their ongoing, long distance affair would inspire any romance writer.

He noticed this morning that they will be selling MUGS with Darcy's picture on them! He was doing hind leg pirouettes over it! I promised he could have one for his coffee. Did you see the Darcy Merchandise? Did Bev post it on GT? Truly adorable.

Winslow will be celebrating Darcy's birthday here, with cake and ice cream. We are so happy for her!

Swimming started again on Wednesday. 15 laps was a good start since Winslow took 4 weeks off. He was very happy to be back in the pool. So happy that he marked the wall in the shower afterward.

So, everything here is getting back to normal. Hopefully we have seen the last of the snow for this year

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• 1 month later...

April 26, 2010

Winslow will be embarking on a big adventure soon -- moving from the DC area!

Huston sent Winslow a package, with a note, biscuits & a stuffed bunny:

Dear Win:

BunBun is small enough to sneak into your backpack and you need biscuits for the hotel!

Your bud,

Huston

Hi Diane, First, thanks for the biskies and the bunny. Winslow promptly devoured both. He's particulary vicious about bunnies. I think they teased him on the track. Payback is a b*tch. I finally found a glass serving tray for us to share our meals. This morning was the final straw. I was eating a piece of toast when Winslow decided that it was time for his treat. Good boy, won't steal off my plate, but knows that a big blob of slobber on my toast will net him a piece of it. I have been giving him a separate plate, but he inhales the food and then comes after mine. A 5 section serving platter with a center section should do it. His on one end, mine on the other. A big space in between for slobber overflow. Since I'm the designated one for sharing, I have to do something. Did I start this? He used to be so good about not begging! He doesn't do this to anyone else, as you know. Where did I go wrong? Was it because I let him lick my plate? Maybe he's just teaching me a new trick. Oh well, you know how I am with training. I learn quickly, and Winslow is a good teacher. Anyway, I don't mind sharing as long as I'm not expected to eat slobber. I don't slobber on his food. Winslow is loving the basement this time. He's feeling really good and likes to go out by himself and enjoy the back yard. He really likes that the moving truck is backed up really tight to the garage. He can watch us load the boxes and see inside the trailer, so he's been supervising all weekend. I think he's pretty worn out today. We're pretty much packed up except the furniture and Winslow's stuff. Thanks again,Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest Winslowsmom

Hi there, Ady Bea, you cutie pie! :wub:

Congrats on your therapy dog test! Does this mean you could be my therapy dog/sweetheart? :inlove I could use a little therapy. :crazy

I'm moving to Arizona! A new house, in the mountains, with no stairs!

The road trip is going to be fun! Hotels with ding ding boxes (elevators), big fluffy beds and loads of people that want to pet me. I've been working on my "poor 3 legged dog" look. I tried it this morning on the lady who came to stage our house. Stopped her in her tracks! She spent a lot of time with me, so I know it's working. This afternoon, I'm mapping all the ice cream places between VA and AZ. Since I love to ride in my car anyway, this trip is a piece of cake. Speaking of cake, I have plenty of Burpdogs for the road :cookie . I have my ducky all ready to go, too.

It's going to be a couple of months before we move, but I'll be all ready!

My mom will take pictures on the road and when we get there.

Right now, I need a nap, so I'll be in touch.

Take care,

:paw:paw

:paw

Deer Winslow, Mom sez we will be seeing you soon---before you leeve on yer big xcitin rode trip! You lucky guy, you will hab a hoooooge trip to get to yer new home. Mom will gib you a hug an kiss (good-bye, safe trabbels), but we will frow kisses frum the car! I fink you will like it in Airy Zona cause there will be no steps.

We will bring you a prezunt too, to take wiff you fer the long ride. It is BIG, so we hope it will fit in yer car.

You shure look hansum (as always) in yer videeo.

Lydia, soon to be trabbellin hound

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Hey Winslow!! (And Glynis)

Hope you have a great trip to AZ... BUT - there are no trees there for another poop bag raffle!!! Maybe you can get a poop bag stuck on top of a saguaro cactus instead! :colgate

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge