Winslow's Diary

:lol:lol:lol

:wub:

Thanks Winslow, I needed to see your sweet face today, I've had a *case of the Mondays* today!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

October 8, 2008

Hi Diane,

As you know, we go for Winslow's check up tomorrow. I, of course am a wreck. I worry so much every time we go. Winslow, on the other hand has been enjoying the cooler weather. Throwing his toys off the deck, so I'll go get them and then doing it again (this is his very warped version of "fetch"). Yesterday when Jen (one of his favorite neighbors came by, Winslow actually went up on his hind leg to greet her. Now that is something he hasn't done since his amp. He's been throwing his toys all over the house and demanding walks for no reason. Ah.. the cool weather. It was 54 degrees in our house this morning. Winslow couldn't be happier.

So, while I pace the floors and worry for the next 2 days, what do you think his majesty is doing?

If I just said it, you wouldn't believe it, so see for yourself.

I'll let you know what happens with the vet on Friday.

Glynis

Winslowcrosswords.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Prayers for Winslow that his vet appointment goes well.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Throwing his toys off the deck, so I'll go get them and then doing it again (this is his very warped version of "fetch").

Um ... and what is so warped about that? That's what fetch IS, you know -- somebody throws, and somebody fetches. Sounds like you do very well.

:rofl

Scritchies to your good boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I love to read about Winslow and see his photos - he is always doing such clever things. :wub: :wub: Fingers crossed here that his checkup is a good one.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I'll be waiting to hear how his checkup goes...my suspicion is that our good buddy Mr. Winslow is doing just great! Sick dogs do NOT do crossword puzzles! ;)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

Hoping for good reports from Winslows check-up today (I assume its today because it's Friday).

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

That's what we've been waiting for!! 7.gif

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

We need some "I :heart Winslow" t-shirts from the Winslow shop. Keep up the good work, Winslow!

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

October 11, 2008

Here's Winslow's commentary on going for his checkups:

"I always know when I'm going to the vet. My mom gets me up early and doesn't feed me. Then she takes me outside and makes me potty in the cup. She's gotten better about that with practice. Her hands don't even get wet anymore. I'm also a pretty good aim.

Then we go in the car. We get stuck in traffic for a really long time and boy,am I hungry! But there's no food.

Finally we get there. Ok, I know this place... It's not so bad.. I mark all the trees on the way in so everyone knows I've arrived. Inside, I know to get on the scale so I go directly there and wait. Then mom makes me sit in the cat area because I'm not so fond of the other dogs. Who said THEY could be here anyway? The cats are ok, they're all in cages.

Mom brings in my bed and portable fanny, so I'm cool and comfy in the waiting room. She brings my water bowl, too. I don't like theirs. They taste like paper. Mom buys me a yummy water from the machine. Mmm, good.

Everyone knows me here and they all come out to see me. The vacuum cleaning lady, the maintenance man, Dr. M, the surgeon. Of course, I show off my stumpy to everyone and all are amazed. Everyone pets me here. Then, Joy comes to get me. This means blood and chest xray, but it also means peanut butter muzzles! It's about time, geez, I'm starving here! I go back with Joy and she gives me lots of love while they take my picture. A little poke and it's back to mom.

When Joy comes back, we gather up all my stuff and go to the little room. Dr. C. comes in and I get more peanut butter while he looks me over, pokes and prods. He talks to my mom for a few minutes, gives me lots of hugs, mom pays and then we go home. (I dont understand why she pays.. we bring our own peanut butter!).

Daddy's waiting at the door with my breakfast! Yum. and then a long nap.

The next day, the phone rings, my mom whoops and hollers and we have a dance, toys and treats.

Afterward, she reads Greytalk to me and they are talking about me and saying nice things.

I love that part. It makes me feel really special.

The vet experience isn't so bad, really. There is lots of peanut butter, lots of lovee and some really nice people who say good things."

And that's the Winslow viewpoint.

In the cooler weather, there is more time on the deck. THE SQUIRRELS AND CHIPMUNKS ARE NO LONGER AFRAID OF WINSLOW. They come right up on the deck when he's out there. He looks at them, watches them, but never goes after them.

I will try to get a photo. This is pretty amazing.

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

:confetti Yay Winslow!

How long has it been since his amputation?

It was on 3rd Jan 07, I believe :)

Oh, bless his heart. Winslow is such an inspiration to all of us. I hope to meet him someday.

Hoorah for Winslow! :yay :yay I just am seeing the recent posts and held my breath as I scrolled down to see how his recent checkup turned out. Winslow is an inspiration! :wub: :wub:

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

21 proud and happy months!

Glynis

It was on 3rd Jan 07, I believe

I believe you are right Bev. The date is in the beginning of the thread. What a journey!

Soon Winslow T shirts will be on his blog :D

Diane

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits