Winslow's Diary

What a great checkup!

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it up Winslow, you are a fighter! Not to mention cute as hell!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

October 15, 2008

We're going Monday for Winslow's annual heart ultrasound. Because he was given Adriamyicin and because he has a grade 3 heart murmur (not the one really common to greys that Dr. Couto wrote about,) and he has a very mild degenerative valve disease, we do this yearly. His oncologist says he sounds really good and he notices no change, but we need to do this anyway.

When I got the idea to take him swimming, I asked the cardiologist and she said it would be the best possible exercise for him. I will be curious to see how this ultrasound looks in comparison to a year ago. Winslow is almost 9 years old now and has been swimming weekly (except Dec-Mar when they heat the pool).

Winslow also gets 100 mg. of Coenzyme Q10 daily, for the above reasons.

Winslow doesn't like the ultrasound so much, but he gets peanut butter, so he's not complaining too loudly. He does like the cardiologist. I am allowed to go in with him and see the screen. He likes having me there.

I've already started losing sleep over it.

Off to swim.

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest 4gryhnds

Winslow's story is great. He is and inspiration to those who think about chemo & or amputation.

I am glad you shared his journey with everyone.

Guest EmbersDad

winslow, you are an inspiration. my ember was just diagnosed yesterday and she becomes an official tripod friday morning. i read every page here. i laughed and i cried. im soo happy you are doing so well, and hope that ember does just as good. she is losing her left front leg so i don't think scratching will be a problem. ember wanted to know if you are single??? :lol

Winslow has been in a long distance relationship with Darcy Deerhound in the UK. She is celebrating her 1 year anniversary after amputation and chemo. Being the playboy that he is, Ember is welcome to join the fun. Darcy is very evolved and I'm sure she won't mind sharing Winslow. She's not the clingy type.

Winslow loves internet dating.

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest EmbersDad
Winslow has been in a long distance relationship with Darcy Deerhound in the UK. She is celebrating her 1 year anniversary after amputation and chemo. Being the playboy that he is, Ember is welcome to join the fun. Darcy is very evolved and I'm sure she won't mind sharing Winslow. She's not the clingy type.

Winslow loves internet dating.

Glynis

those european hounds, not so stuffed up as americans :lol

I yam willing to share, love dar-sea

darcy200908k.jpg

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

That took me ages to work out :lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

We love Winslow!!!!!! We also love to get his updates!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

October 20, 2008

Hi Diane,

We had Winslow's heart ultrasound today, and everything is good. This was an annual check up that he needs because he had adriamyicin. He has a mild degenerative valve disease, but we knew that and it's not progressing very much. Otherwise, his heart is good. "No medications needed and keep him lean and swimming."

Winslow was not really happy about the whole event. He had this to say:

"Up too early. No breakfast. I had to lie on a table. They hooked clamps to my fur and spread goop all over me while they expected me to lie still. Last week it was xrays, and now this! OK, I did it, but only because my mom was there and I got a peanut butter muzzle. Next time, I'm calling Greyhound Welfare to come and get me... I don't like this stuff! If you want to spread goopy stuff on someone, spread it on YOU! Now, I'm going back to bed!"

And that's that!

(SHHH... recheck in 9 months)

Glynis

To which I replied:

Winslow:

You need a reality check. In most houses, there are NO peanut butter muzzles!

Love,

Diane

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

To which I replied:

Winslow:

You need a reality check. In most houses, there are NO peanut butter muzzles!

Love,

Diane

:rotfl

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

:lol

Great news that everything looked good with the ultrasound :D

• 2 weeks later...

October 31, 2008

Good Evening Diane,

Well, it's Halloween...

Inspired by the collar Winslow won at a recent auction, I decided to dress him as "The Blue Flame--Guardian of all things Greyhound"..

So, I made him a quick little mask and put a towel cape on him.. He had this to say about it:

"Get this off of me NOW! I love my Blue Flame collar but this is just too much. This is why dogs bite people! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND??? I'll wear a hat, I'll paint, I'll pose for my cards.. But this is just WRONG!"

So, Craig sat at the bottom of the stairs and handed out candy. Winslow watched from the window and I threw his costume in the trash...

I hope your pack has a good halloween.

Glynis

halloween08.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Winslow :rofl

Is that a curly brown WIG on him too???? Oh, Winslow, Winslow, Winslow... I think maybe someone from GW better come get you, Sweetie!!!

heeheeheeheehee!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

:rofl:rofl:rofl ....sorry Winslow.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.