WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

Miss Lizabeth, Momma is the backwards of Antie Jennie - she gots lotsa eyelashes and is losing herown eyebrows!!!     :rofl We just can't get it right!

That armadillo in toe shoes is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Thank you for that :beatheart

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

I have almost no eyebrows. Lots of eyelashes. I only need to shave my pits and legs three times a year and then it is really only for show! My Mom on the other hand would consider me very hairy! She had zero pit and leg hair her entire life. She did however have eyebrows or maybe it was Maybelline? Not sure!!

Carol Ann & Molly McPoodle who has more hair than we know what to do with. Molly is currently EXHAUSTED as she just got home from her dog sitter's house and partied hardy this week!

See! Both my Mom and I had eyebrows back in the day! Her's stayed and mine left! LOL!

!31631858_10213000442020431_8568602726391

• Like 2

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

:balloonparty    Caroline

We are very, very close to the Rideau River so we have lots and lots of locks nearby.   It is fascinating to watch how they work.  It is also very frustrating to be driving along the road and have to stop and wait whilst they crank, crank, crank them open and wait for the boats. Then wait for it to fill up and drop the boats down and then crank, crank, crank them closed.    True fact - an Afghan man and his son plotted and killed his wife/daughter/sisters at the Kingston Mills Locks by pushing their car into the water.   

Sorry you're still dealing with HotHotHot and smoky conditions, Andi.   

We had RAIN all morning with lots of windy winds.  Tonight the temperature is supposed to drop down to single digits!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Happy Heavenly Birthday Sid 

We had rain & now it is a lot cooler but not nearly as cool as you are going to be tonight , Mam

Cherry, Ivy & Molly sleep soundly in your own beds tonight.

Mom says thanks for the birthday wishes .

OK I am off to dreamland,  Bitzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I missed about 5 pages!  It took a while, but I finally got everything read. Happy Birthday, Caroline!

Lucy, glad my pet sitting info helped.  I think you have found a perfect person to stay.  I have 1 more live in job before NOLA, as well as a long, twice daily cat sitting job.  Then 2 days after we get back, I stay at my friend Kelley's for a week.  I really shouldn't have done that, but she's going on her honeymoon, and really wanted me to stay.

Patsy is at the shore!  I bet it will be beautiful weather.

Chris, I hope Andi doesn't have eye problems in the future.  The poor girl has been through so much.

Kathy, your cruise sounds so unique and interesting.  So sorry Jim was confused at times.

Tiller, so nice to hear from you.  I think things are looking up!

My eyebrows are just about gone too.  There is this pen-like thing that draws on very thin strokes resembling hairs that I'd love to try.  That bunch of crazy eyebrows was fascinating.  Yes, some were really out there, but I didn't think some were actually that bad.  Elizabeth, I rarely am seen without eye make up too.  Mascara always!  But that's about it. 

We went to a neighborhood fair in a small park a few blocks away this afternoon.  It was gloriously cool, sunny and breezy.  We took Kiva because Angie wouldn't have had a great time, and she is so thin.  I think Kiva kept looking for her sister.  We had such a good time.  We got to talk to neighbors we've never met, browse vendors, and learn about the history of the North Side.  One historian was so knowledgeable about Mary Roberts Rinehard (1876-1958), a well-known author who was a relative of mine.  I learned a lot of fascinating things.   The fair was a lead up to the Brighton Heights House Tour tomorrow.  And our neighborhood brewery  introduced its newest beer, named after the house tour.  It came in a really cool can, and we got one.  I'll post some pics on FB.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Miss Nancy, what a nice day you hadded today!  :D

We still gots lotsa smoking outside and it wasn't quite as hawt.

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning and greetings from the river alongside Toronto!   I guess it’s too early for us to dock, so we are just stopped and looking at the  beautiful Toronto skyline in the pre-dawn hours with gorgeous lights!

Miss Nancy Mam,  please do NOT send your weather to Toronto!  I’m sure it’s frustrating waiting for the roads to open when ships are going by!   If it makes you feel any better,  we have to sit and wait for ships coming from the opposite direction.

Bitzi, Cherry and Ivy don’t get home to their own beds until Wednesday.   We miss them!

My eyebrows are half gone.  The innermost part near my nose are still there and full, but I have to give the outer part a little help with color.

Today we disembark the ship.  Our luggage is sitting outside our stateroom door and we will see it again in our hotel room in Toronto.  We stay there for two nights and then it’s off to the airport on Tuesday morning.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Kathy 

• Like 2

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Kathy is able to start our Club again in the morning. :colgate  All is right in my whirled.  Funny how little things you rely on can throw you off when they change.

• Like 2

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Brrrrrrr…….6C   :coffee

Welcome to O!C , Kathy & Jim.   I believe it is quite ccccchilly there, too.  The barn kids and CoachKate are at a show there. 

The boat traffic on the Rideau Lock system are not real ships…. Just filthy stinkin’ rich people’s yachts ;)

I may ride TheWidge this morning  :)

Then I have to meet my Adoption coordinator down in Kingston They had a little picnic gathering in Ottawa yesterday (in the rainy rains so I did not go) but I did win the beeg raffle prize. She is coming to Kingston to do 2 home inspections and is bringing my prize. Pictures to follow later…

Then I have to spend some time in the Shack….it will be toasty warm in there today ;)

• Like 1

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

Nancy Mam, it is 51 degrees F here— 10.5 Celsius. It’s windy too so it feels cooler than that.  

• Like 1

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Gud nawt at all Sunnyday! OOOHH, Mizz Nancy Mam, how hexcitin!:offwall

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

1 hour ago, BatterseaBrindl said:

Then I have to meet my Adoption coordinator down in Kingston They had a little picnic gathering in Ottawa yesterday (in the rainy rains so I did not go) but I did win the beeg raffle prize.

:wow  :yay

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Miss Carol Ann is such a lubly bride!

Miss Nancy ob the Burgh, Mister Doug, and Kiva had a great time at a neighborhood fair--what a neato idea!  Angie, I hope you had a nice restful time at home in the peace and quiet. :kiss2  Miss Nancy, I had failed to realize that you had a NOLA trip planned.  I know how much you lub going there so :yay 
Ma is all :wow that you are related to the author Mary Roberts
Rinehard.  It's been a while, butt M remembers enjoying her book.  You come by your lub ob writing by blood. :wub: 

Miss Kathy, I hope you and Mister Jim enjoy Toronto!

Mam, congrats on your prize!  Why am I sort ob excited to read that your adoption coordinator is coming to your house?

It's lubly and cool this morning and I spent a good long whole hour futzing about in the back yard spying on the neighbors, sniffing, wandering, and generally be outstanding in my field. :rotfl

Nate

• Like 1

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Nancy Mam, does your prize have 3-4 legs and a tail?

Fedex is making me miserable. The butterfly habitats I ordered from Utah are somewhere between here and Nebraska. If my caterpillars are lucky, the delivery might come today or tomorrow.

Eyebrows: in high school weren't too thick but I almost had a uni-brow. Razored it for a while, then switched to tweezers. I wasn't allowed to shave my legs until the 10th or 11th grade, which was quite embarrassing for teenager me. No arm hair anymore, only a very few random leg hairs, eyebrows have thinned out but knot to the point of needing a pencil touch up, a few sprigs of armpit hair, and I had the darker chin hairs banished for the most part by electrolysis.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I started a post in Off Topic on my caterpillars.  :crazy

• Like 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hello my Friendlies!!

Not so hawt today, but still too much smokings around.  Hopefully the oshun winds will start later on and blow it all away!!!  Then we're sposed to have lots cooler weathers, with showerings on Windsday!!  :eek  

Hello Miss Kathy!!!  :wave  Have fun in Tronto!!  :thumbs-up   I don't mind going places, but I subscribe mostly to Mister Nate's saying - "East, West, Home is best!!"

Aaaahh!!!  I see I am NOT the only one to wunder about this dopshun coordinator coming to see Mam!!  ;) 

2 hours ago, LBass said:

Miss Carol Ann is such a lubly bride!

She's really pretty!!  And looks so happy to be marrying Mister Dan!!  

Mister Nate, me and Flizzie get to spend a good time o-u-t in the mornings when Momma's pikking up the poops in the yard.  She says we better get our sniffs in whilst we can!!  Sometimes we say hello to peeples on the street, or chase a stoopid skwerril, or dig in one of our projekts.  Mostly Flizzie lays on a dogbed and I follow Momma around waiting for her to play with the loor pole with ME! :D 

Miss Ducky, we sawed your new postie but we haven't looked at it yet.  We will go there next.  :nod 

MY MOMMA FORGOT MY GOTCHA DAY!!!!!!  :angryfire  I got here to our house five years ago yesserday!!!  Here's a picher of me then and a picher of me now!!

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

Sorry that first one is so big!!  :dunno  I been really happy here - essept for the broken leg part, but even that was more annoying than b-a-d.  

Nothing much going on around here.  We're mostly boring I gess.

Wishings for a saintly Sunnyday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

• Like 1

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

26 minutes ago, greysmom said:

She's really pretty!!  And looks so happy to be marrying Mister Dan!!  

And the really nifty part is they have been and still are happy.  :inlove

• Like 2

AP Happy Gotcha day plus one. Hereis to a bucket full of many more

Elizabeth you are so right she /he still  look happy, must be all that salt air they take in.

Mam has the coordinator gone but left something behind?

Bitzi enjoying another beautiful day

:lol   You guys are crazy!  Sorry to disappoint…

I have been at the Sheet Shack all afternoon. After meeting up with the adoption coordinator at the beeg hiway car park.  She lives 2 hours away in Ottawa and was travelling to Kingston to do two home inspections.

My prize was a lovely hand made feed bowl stand, some stuffies and some treats. 

The Australian GAP people will coordinate with my coordinator to determine if there’s an older houndie that will fit in here with crazy Joshi and somewhat dog-aggressive Kibo. They need 30 days prior to their trip to coordinate the many flights.

• Like 2

Hello me freends!

Happy late birfday Miss Caroline!!!! :baloons

Happy gotcha day Miss Andipants! Did yoo git a speshul sumthing? 

Today wuz a hartbroken day. Remember owr freend Frankie? Dis da furst home visit I did so manee manee yeers ago. Well them fambly's daughter's boyfriend wentid splat on da floor and did knot come up agin. Him wuz onlee 18 yeers obs age. (Dat's old fur a houndie butt young fur a hoomin...) We awl wentid to gibs owr condolescences today. I did knot cry butt dem hoomins did. We know dat fambly well and for so manee yeers, we ware heartbroken.

Yoor freend,

Charlie

• Sad 3

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Oh Charlie we are so sorry you lost your friend .   His poor family  to lose a child at 18 .  That is a very hard blow.

Well mam not the news I was expecting you to give us .  Good luck to you & an older houndie looking for a home.

Ok I am off to dreamland  Sweet dreams to all

BItzi 

We had another nice day!  But pictures will only be on Facebook, maybe tomorrow.  :mum

Happy Gotcha Day, Andi!  In five years you have had some ups and downs, but you are exactly where you are supposed to be!  :beatheart

Yay for winning a prize, Nancy.  That is so much fun.  Even if you don't need anything, it is a win-win situation.

Oh, Nate, you are indeed outstanding in your field.  :kiss2

Charlie, that is so very sad to lose such a young man with his life ahead of him.  We are so sorry. :grouphug

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Mister Charlie, what a hard thing for your Friendlies famly to have to deal with.   :kiss2

Haha!!  Mister Nate outstanding in hisown field!!!  :rofl

Thanks for all the good wishes for myown Gotcha Day, everybody.  I think I mostly got it pretty good!

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Edited by greysmom

:coffee Good morning!

Oh Charlie, I am so sorry to hear about your friend.  That is so tragic and my heart goes out to his family.

We are going to Niagara Falls today.  It is a two hour drive one way from Toronto!  :eek  I have never been there so I am looking forward to it.

AndiPants, I hope you had a good gotcha day.

Have a good Monday everyone!

Kathy