WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Vanessa, welcome to the world of corns!

Ducky, you still owe us the story of how you inadvertently became a  licensed mariner (or whatever it was)  You promised [insert whiney tone here].  I'm busted!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Momma thinks that's probly a corn.  Sorry Miss Vanessa.  :kiss2 But if it's not bothering him and making him all limpy and gimpy, you can probly just leave it be for now.  If he'll let you, you could rub a good moisturizer on his pads - any one for human really cracked hands or heels.  He probly won't let you soak it, but that's also recommended.  Since he's so touchy Momma says just find a vetamarian that can do the Flexor Tenotomy surgery and have it done.  There's a groop on the FB callt "Greyhounds With Corns" you can join and read alla the info in the Featured section at the top of the main page.  There's also a page for the surgery.

Miss Ducky, Momma CANNOT edit her postie, so you should make sure you repost the new address for Miss Noo Carol every couple pages, until she goes home.  And tell us your story!!

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Gud sunnee morning frendz.

Hmph, it waz KNOT a gud morning yesserday. mum drove Miss. Rita to the station’cos it rayning but wen she get howme it stop rayning so she deesyde to tayke us fower ower waak. We get neer Lily and Molly’s howse and Mum suggest we awl waak tugetha. We ownlee bin tugevver fyvelebbenty minnits wen the heavens opined and we gottid soked! Mum didda Miss. Lizabeff and hur feets were wet ‘cos hur leather trainers had fancee perforated tops and ownlee mesh under erf so awl the rayne went inna littul holes. Gud, iffn we got wet feets we fink she shud too! Hur trowsis are still wet this morning and so are the towels she dry us wiv. Zavvi’s fancee material harness was still wet wen she took us owt Yesserday eevning, jusst as well he got anuvver wun.

Mam, Mum seen them RCMP myoosical ryde. We bet yu hadda gud tyme.;) Wen she was lots younger she was gived this book and luvved it. Wen it fell apart sum yeerz ago she gotta second hand copy to reeplayse it. Hur Anty wurked at Penguin Books so she sorta gottid sum books “hot off the press” wen it waz hur Birfday or Krikkulmuss.

https://biblio.co.uk/book/susannah-mounties-canadian-story-nineties-muriel/d/1616144242?aid=frg&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD_wNd9xWnsU2TH8xoakvooTw1Xzh&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrKu2BhDkARIsAD7GBos42oktZi5LybgPsYyLMwzdwM4Jo7JOilTkGvtWnwKnfNEn2aHA3hQaAi2kEALw_wcB

It luk lyke thayre sum film mayde but it chaynge the storee arownd - yusyullee KNOT fower the betta!

Gotta get reddee fower ower waak wiv Anty Lynda.

Wagz to awl mi frendz,

Nutmeg.

• Like 1

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

:coffee Good morning!

Yes Miss Ducky, we want the story!

Uh oh, Miss RE Carol got rained on too!  It’s an epidemical!  :eek 

we are supposed to have a beautimous sunny day today but warmer than it habs been all week.

Habs a gud Sunnyday eberywon!

Ivy 

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

How wonderful to get to see the Mounties.  I remember my  mother telling me I had a cousin who was a Mountie.  It was probably a second or third cousin but still. maple-leaf_sm-1.png

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Gud Sunny Sunny-day! Fanks ebberyone, Mom finks it developed cos ob dat old art-ritis guy in my hips making me walk funny. I will be 10 in one monff, getting old ain't easy!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

My mom got a phone call from the Mounties.  In 2004 she had driven cross country from Virginia, along the southern route to California,then went north and east across Canada and back to Virginia. All by herownself at age 70 (I think) and in her new 2003 Honda CRV which I now have. When she got out of the car at a scenic overlook she didn't realize her smaller wallet with just her driver's license and credit card had fallen out and taken a little tumble. She had no idea that had happened until she tried to cross the border, but someone took pity on her and let her enter into the US. At the hotel she was able to call the credit card company. It was about 2 weeks before she meandered back to Virginia. The first thing she did was go by the DMV and get a reissue of her driver's license. When she got home her phone was ringing and it was the Mounties! Someone had found her little wallet and turned it in. They just wanted to make sure she wasn't DED.

Many of my cattypillers disappeared by bedtime. There is only one now.  :(  What could have eaten them? I see no spiders. There's a couple of ants on the outside of the grow bags but that's not new. Their condo is on the picnic table. Birds can't get in. Last night I saw one slug crawling on the dirt so I removed him.

My single dill plant now has some baby battypillers on it. These are currently a quarter inch long, black with a band of white crossing the body like a saddle. When/if they get bigger and I can see more details these might be another type of swallowtail

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

What a delight to see Miss Noo Carol's smiling face!  Plus also to hear news about her.  That specialty horsepiddle sounds like a good place for her to be. :kiss2

:wow Miz Ducky, that's a great set up to take care ob those baby budderflies and the parsley too.
What a heartening experience you mother had wif Canadians returning her wallet and Mounties calling to make sure she was AOK.

Miss Elizabeth, your hairdo for cooking is too cute! 

And Miss Carol Ann risked life and limb to keep an really impressively armed catterpillar safe so s/he can turn into a magnificent moff!  :yay
Poor Miss Halise was assaulted by a catterpillar and has horrible itchy remembories to this very day. :eek

Ma and Coach Jen were walking outside to start training on Friday and were boff frilled to see one ob those Pileated Woodpeckers flying in some nearby trees.  Those birdies must hab a pretty far-ranging range. :D  They're quite impressive!  Miss Banessa, Ma heard a Pileated pecking on a tree and it really sounded like someone wif a huge hammer, whacking away.

Mam, how exciting to be able to see the real Mounties doing their Musical Ride. :wow  How neat that your barn kids also performed!  :yay

Nutmeg, Zavvi, Miss RE Carol, and friends got soaked to the gills. :eek

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Mebee doez pillars are eetin eech odder! :blink: Or a frog or a toad habs slipped in.

1 hour ago, LBass said:

Miss Elizabeth, your hairdo for cooking is too cute! 

Aw, thanks.  Sometimes you just need some silliness in your life.

Ducky, could they have spun their chrysalli?

In church, I was reading the program and saw the last hymn was When We All Get to Heaven.  My brain immediately filled in I'll Get to See All of My Dogs! :gh_child

• Like 2

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Hello my Friendlies!!

Should be mostly sunnings today, and a bit warmer.  Then more cooler and showery tamarrow and Toozday.  Then we get back to hotter summer tempachoors starting Windsday.

Miss Lizabeth, we were gonna say the same thing about your hairdo and furgotted!!  Plus also, are any of those boys at the home able to see the top of your head???  I always pichered you as being taller.  :dunno  

Mister Gino, if you go in for a dentill it would be really easy to do that SFT sergery at the same time.  :kiss2  

Miss Ducky, it's hard to tell what goes on in the mind of a cattypillar.  :dunno  Plus also, they are really good hiders!!  :nod  

Uh-Oh!!!!  Alla our friendlies in Real Englind gotted soaking wet!!!  :eek  I always think it's inneresting when our weather finely gets all the way to where you guys live!!!  And it's still kinda the same!!  When Momma was living and going to skool in Lundon, her host family muther thotted it was weerd that the YuuEss had more than one weather at a time!!  :lol  

Mister Nate those woodypekkers gotta have a speshul skull to not kill theirownseffs banging away at trees all day!!!

Ummmm....  Not much else going on, I gess.  Just boring around here alla the time.  :rolleyes:  I have been getting to play a lot with the loor pole tho, so that's fun for me!!  And that ushually makes Flizzie get up and jump and run around.  So we both get some eksersize.  :nod   Momma says she wishes she had gotten rid of those stoopid yellowjakkets sooner!!  Our yard has been filled with honey bees since the day affer they got gone!!!  So we think part of our pollinator ishoo was those stoopid yellowjakkets!!!  :eek  

Wishings for a saintly Sunnyday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

AndiPants!   :yay   Yay for honeybees!       I am glad they are happy in your yard now.    We habs honeybees and floofy bumblebees too, cuz Momma habs russian sage and a mexican heather that they like.

Miss Ducky, do cattypillars like to hide?    Maybe they are there somewhere!

Another beautimous bloo sky day today!   It's warmer today and tomorrow it is supposed to be in the ninetylebens!   :eek  

Momma habs to go out and water plants.   I may go out on the deck and soopervise!

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png 

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Miss Chris, what an interesting observation about the yaller jackets driving away pollinators. :wow  Those things are super nasty and, apparently, knot just to hounds and humans!

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

those woodypekkers gotta have a speshul skull to not kill theirownseffs banging away at trees all day!!!

This is actually a hot topic. Woodpecker skull theories 

Dang -- can't get the link to work.  Try https://www.science.org/content/article/contrary-popular-belief-woodpeckers-don-t-protect-their-brains-when-headbanging-trees

Back when I used to work with people with head injuries (I'm a speech therapist), I was captivated by the theory that the woodpecker's extra-long tongue muscles grew around the brain inside the skull to act as a sling to protect the brain.  Whatever the method, we should give a little respect to birdbrains.  :) 

Edited by EllenEveBaz
  • Like 3

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

It is Sunnyday in Wiskconsin for shore! It’s pritty hot and hoomid today but next two days is gonna be worser, like 90 reel petigrees plus hoomididy. :wow Of course that means chance of seeveeres too. We’re havin a kinda easy day. Mistress juss ran out for a kwik errand and dropped a card for Miss Noo Carol at the post. And then she got a DQ blizzard cause she thot Carol would like that. :D

Ha Ha! Them cattypillars hafta go in the wire boks for their own safety, juss like me!  I theenk they didn’t get eaten, they prolly juss got out of there and went to make the coocoom.

Ivy, I’ll have Mistress take me to the beeg lake so we can wave to your folks on the ship. :wave

Oh Miss Mam, you had a fun day out!

Gino, I don’t know what that is on your toetoe but mayhaps you could juss bite it off.

Oh deer, Nutmeg and Zavvi and Mum got all drenched.

Oh yeah, Mistress’ drink shoo! The drinkie was almoss gone when it spilt and she didn’t make fuss bout it. But she got a free full noo drinkie and they took haff off her foods. She was vary satisfied wiff that. And she’s still got a stick for anodder free drinkie on account it was happy hour. :cheers

Mistress is tryin reel hard to juss enjoy today and not theenk bout doing the werkjob tamarra. I’m helpin by being Wild Wiki. Wait, I don’t theenk I toll you bout Lammchomp. I got beeg Lammchomp that was aktually Lila’s. Miss Celeste sent it for her 14th birthday. :wub: Lila was good dog and juss used it as a pillow. But I like to chomp Lammchomp. She was lookin a leddle ruff and had a hole in her back and in her hed where a ear come off. Then lass week Mistress found a weerd thin and it was Lammchomp’s other ear. So when she was buyin my meet and saw noo Lammchomp rite there, on sale, she took her home. Then one day I came in from outside and I sniffsniff sumthin noo, it was noo Lammchomp! :gmark I was so happy I throw her all around the room.

Wiki :ph34r

• Like 3
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Oooh!   Wiki habs a noo Lamchop!  :yay 

Wiki, Momma tells me that they will be in Chicago until Sunday, then they will sail right across Lake Michigan from Milwaukee to Muskegon Michigan.   But on Monday afternoon & ebening they will be sailing up Lake Michigan past Green Bay to get to Mackinac Island.   So they will be waving towards Green Bay on Monday afternoon/ebening! :wave 

That is an interesting article about woodpecker brains!   We habs woodpeckers in our woods.   Momma says there are pileated woodpeckers and Red Bellied Woodpeckers there too!

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png 

Ellen, thanks for the woodpecker article. I love hearing the woodpeckers in the woods behind my house. I am also grateful that they prefer the dead trees back there rather than putting holes in my trees.

tiny hada siggy.png

Ou! I had a playdate wiff angel Clarkies frends Brody an Dextur at dere hows. Dextur an I wentid in dere poool! An littel Brody an I chased eech uthur arownd da yard. Antee Tracee an Muvver made bergers on da barbee que. it wuz fun an I am zohstid!! 
Sadie Lou

• Like 3

Aljo Atomic Kogo and DC Man of Steal

Yu sownd lyke yu settling in well, Sadie Lou and hadda gud tyme vizziting!

Nutmeg, neerlee bed tyme.

• Like 1

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

It is almost 6 in the evening and it is 95 with humidity almost that bad! Ickkkkkkkl. This is knot a nice North Dakota way to behave. 

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Do you remember that Cherry hates doodledogs and barks at them all. the. time.?    Well, I googled "why does my dog react to doodledogs" and found a whole forum of people whose dogs hate doodledogs and poodles!   Some people said it could be the more active behavior of doodledogs but most said they think the curly hair resembles a dog with its hackles up and their dog sees it as a threat!  Maybe that is Cherry's problem!  :lol:

Cherry, we don't like dem eidder (we mite like Molly McPoodle, she iz berry nice!). Da Galoot duzzen't like shepard type dogs.

Wiki, I don't habs berry gud nip-teef for chewing fings off. Us houndies ob a mature age boff habs worn-owt toofers. :(

Miss Ellen that was a inneresting article about them woodpekkers!!!  Thanks for sharing it!

Miss Wiki gotted a new lammchopper!!  :thumbs-up

Miss Sadie hadda party and a hamberger!!   :chow

Miss Patsy's gonna have frizzy hoomid hairs!!

Hahaha!!  Miss Kathy!!  That's really histerical that there's so many doggos who don't like doodles!!  :rofl

Momma got alla the recipee books out of the cabinet and into the Raver.  I gess she's gonna drop em at the Goodwill sometime.  :dunno

Flizzie took off on a big zooming run this morning and now she's limping again :rolleyes: but Momma thinks she'll be fine with some rest and good drugs again.  

Later Gaters!!

AP - un-limpable