WFUBCC - #229 - June busting out

I yam DYING! Sumfink happend heer and I am cooking in da heet! I yam going to DIEEEE. ca1a20_1645d30bb74b431398429a6d88ba3190~

You're not going to die :rolleyes: 

It feels like it mummy! And I only got a icy bandana on walkies at the butt-crack ob dawn, plus also, er... three fans on me and the AC for like 30 minnits after I got home... and mummy haffs I-skreem in da freezer fur later to cool me down... and dis bery, bery basic serviss makes her fink I am spoiled! Wut is rong wiff her? Pant pant pant. 

Plusalso, I haff a beeg round ball on da bottom ob me hed and it is bleeding. I am going to bleed to deff. Wot's dat mummy? Dey managed to fit me in fur tomorrow mornink? Oh. Mebbe I will lib after all. :blush 

Miss Nancy ob da Berg, 98 fur a week is juss me ideer ob hell. I am so sorry! We haff only won chilly bocks as well, and none in de bedroom, so  when we went to bed she put on da industrial looking super fan on to keep me cool ca1a20_ed18a13a96eb4c0f8368a3881d08d1f0~ and we did ok lass nite. Mummy had to make lots ob adjustments because unlike a lot ob peepuls, who like da sound ob a fan to fall asleep to, she can't sleep with noise. We compromised and we boff sleeped ok. :) 

Fankfully it is apposed to cool down a bit tomorrow. 

Miss Patsy, haff yoo left yet? Iffn knot, can me and mummy come to Glashier Nachoonal Park wiff yoo? Mummy haffs always wanted to go. 

Miss Jennie, we're glad yoo enjoyed yur bacashin! We luff Canada and espeshuly dat area. Mummy went to Jasper butt nebber saw Lake Louise and she reely witches she had. Mebbe some day. 

Happy burfday to Miss Cindy's dad! confetti.gifWot a wunderful gift hims neighbours are gibbing him! 

Mam, we keep furgetting da sweet Joshi is still only 3! :beatheart Mummy wood be open to adopting a little mutt fur me as well as a houndie. It wood juss hab to be da rite tempramint. I luff all dogs so a brudder or sissy wood haff to be da same if possible. Also I am KNOT kitteh safe (at all), so we cood adopt a non-kitty safe dog and leef da kitteh-safe wons fur udder peepuls! We luff da many ob yoo is considering seniors. We wood luff to adopt or foster a senior too. 

Ok, I ticced too much, I yam going to sprooce up now because mummy is coming home fur lunch in a minnit. I can't wait I can't wait I can't waiiiiit

Lupin

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I’ve heard that there are schools in some parts of the South that don’t have AC due to lack of funding. In the South! Unreal.      When I was a kid (yeah, I'm old so I'm ALLOWED to say that :gramps ) growing up in Many Sodas, which has hideously hot and humid summers, there was no air conditioning in our church, our schools, our homes, any of the stores ... At my 50th reunion tour of the new updated high school that my old school has been turned into, they have air conditioning AND a heated hallway between buildings so no one has to walk outside in the winter. Little pansy snowflakes :rolleyes:

Miss Jennie

• Haha 7

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Hello my Friendlies!!

90lebentee degrees today and tamarrow.  That's way too hawt!!!  :yikes  I'd like to say I can't imaginate a whole week or more of this kinda weathers, but unforchoonately I can, cause it's happened here and will probly happen here more.  

You mite reememmer that it was this week in 2021 when we hadded that week of over 110 degrees.  Forchoonately the skools was already out, but lotsa, like, faktories and restrants and outside workers hadda just stay home cause of the heatings.  And it was a big problem cause none of our houses and partments have AyyCee, or even winnows that open, and we had older peeples who wented d-e-d from heat exhauschun.  Since then, there's been a few organizayshuns formed to give out free AyyCees to older and low income humins - both the winnow ones and some of those, like, mini-split wall thingies.  The skools still don't gots adeqwate cooling (or heatings!) but that's not gonna get fixed anytime soon.  :( 

Anyway, stay cool everybody!!!

Mister Lupin, I bet you just got one of those hemangioma thingies.  They bleed all over when they get opened up but they are mostly not dangeruss.  Lotsa houndies get em (not ME :D of course!) and they come and go over the years.  HA!  Momma is so tied to her fan that she can't go to sleep without some sorta white noise around!!  :rolleyes: 

Oy!!  Mister Nate!!  Momma starts sweating just thinking about walking outside in the heats!!!  It's so gross!!!  I mean, she sweats all. the. time.  All the time!!!!  Even just sitting still she can start sweating!!!  :rolleyes:  

How'd it go in the kichen today Miss Lizabeth???  What didja cook for alla them boys??

Miss Jerilyn just take it easy in the hawts!!  Be like Miss Wiki!!!  ;) 

Momma is feeling kinda blah :sowhat about today, so I do NOT know what is gonna go on.  Not much, I bet, cause of the hawts!!  She's hoping to get the corning starts in the garden, and some seedings started for some watermellins and maybe some other mellins, but I don't know if she's gonna be able to stand it outside when we get ready finally.  Maybe today will be a reading and coloring day.  :dunno  I don't care as long as I get my share of BBQue porkings!!!  :chow  

Wishings for a thankful Thirdsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Mom is glad she isnt alone.  Like Miss New Carol & Miss Kathy thinks 6/20 ,now the sunlight hours wlll be getting shorter. That is why 12/21 is one of her favorite days.

Lupin dont melt . Put a wet towel in the freezer & when you come if from your death march put the towel around you.  That should cool you down quickly.

Oh Miss Jennie mom too remembers non air conditioning days, fun times. All the movie houses had BIG signs saying they were air conditioned.

Wendy Doodles is here till Monday.

Miss Lucy we saw pictures of your cucumbers on FB.  Are you going to make pickles ?

Bitzi just chillin

Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Mom's meeting wuz a waste, but da snax were gud.

Lupin, Aldi habs a coolin mat for pets diz week on da AOS. Mom habs a fan or a white noise machine, herbs has tinnitus, plus it blocks owt da Stoopid neybors.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Fanks Gino! Unforchoonatly Maine duz KNOT haff any ALDI shops. Mummy bot a cooling mat fur Merlin yeers ago and he nebber used it, so she's skeptical, butt mebbe day're better now? Do enny ob yoo use won? 

Miss Jennie, mummy agrees and finks da older generashins wuz way hardier. She is self-avowed WUSS when it comes to da heet. On da udder paw, she is happy as a clam walking wiff me in 20F/-6C wiff layers on. In winter, we keep da heet at 60 doorink da day and 58 at nite. BUTT da heet - nope. She lubs and is bery grateful fur chilly airs! We've lost power in da winter menny times because ob storms and usually it's when it's bery bery cold, butt dare is ways around dat. BUTT iffen we lost power in a heetwave, oh me dog. NO. She wood get mindgranes, and cramps, and juss unrabble. Mebbe she shood moob to da Norf Pole. She wood fit in dare :P 

AndiPants yoo make shore yur mummy duz KNOT do nuffink foolish like plant fings in da garden when it's in da ninetylebbens! :yikes :shakefinger No use in looking fur trubble! Plusalso, iffen she faints or gets heet eggsaustion, yoo will KNOT get no BBQ. Just sayin.

Bitzi! Yooze a geniuss. Grate ideer about da towel. Mummy's going to do it. Dat is going to feel so nice on me furs :blush 

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

5 hours ago, LBass said:

Hum, if you don't want an I've Fallend & I Can't Get Up pendant what about a hand held air horn thing? I bet someone would hear that! 

:spoot  :rofl  

Ah, poor Lupin, just melting. :(

I sparkle, glow, perspire, and sweat.  I blame my Portuguese grandmother.  My father was the same.  Our wedding reception (in July) was in an un-air conditioned church hall. ca1a20_1645d30bb74b431398429a6d88ba3190~  Wouldn't you know, the next month I read a review of an antiperspirant that lasts all week.  It's made in England but available via Amazon.  It really works.

I survived my day alone in the kitchen.  One of the boys helped me serve lunch but otherwise, it was me, myself, and I (pretty poor company if you ask me).  The challenge was that the door to the big, industrial oven wasn't working.  There's a roller at the top that goes up when you slam the door shut.  Only, it wasn't going up.  And everything I was making used the oven. :angryfire  Every time I went to close the oven door, I had to hold up the roller and close the door over it.  That is, with an oven mitt, I had to hold up the roller while I closed the door with my hand in the oven.  :eek  Over and over and over again.  :headwall 

Breakfast was pancakes and bacon (all cooked in the oven).  Then, I did a batch of cookies.  Lunch was chicken tenders and french fries (two separate oven loads) and green salad.  Then, I put in a peach cobbler to make for dinner.   I go back on Saturday for my monthly lunch serving.  At least I'll be prepared for the oven.

• Like 1

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

My Momma remembers being at school with no A/C.  She went to Catholik school and they wore uniforms with long sleeved white blouses and navy blue wool serge jumpers over them.   ca1a20_1645d30bb74b431398429a6d88ba3190~  They went to school until the third week ob June and it wuz HOT!   Finally when she got to high school they decided to get "summer uniforms" that were short sleeved seersucker dresses.  She wuz sooooooo glad!   

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Yes!  Where’s Sherrie, reporting that Tiller is home :dunno

No AC in the vast majority of schools here.   Up until recent years there has never been any need for it.  I certainly grew up with none at home or school.

I did hook up the portable AC here in the kitchen.  And I have a window one in my bedroom.  But there’s none in my Sheet Shack . The poor old building is so full of holes  it wouldn’t be very efficient.   And silly Pap does not mind the heat at all. In fact, he loves it.  My Dad was the same.    :crazy

Oh!  Looks like it might rain…better get my clothes off the line…

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Well, I counted my chickens before they hatched.

Tiller arrived home and promptly forgot his brains. He got out of the car too quickly and broke a bone in his wrist. He gets to spend the night in hospital until the radiologist reads the xrays and can consult if surgery or splint will be needed.

That boy of mine has permanent puppy brain. Stay tuned and send healing vibes his way.

Oh yeah. Every member of the vet staff know he is there and are spoiling him rotten. He is on pain management too.

Sherrie

• Sad 7
gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

Oh, Sherrie :ohno :headwall :(  Poor Tiller! 

In winter, we keep da heet at 60 doorink da day and 58 at nite.     I will never, ever, ever visit you in the winter. I would DIE.

Tiller! You goofball! Now your Mama is home and you are KNOT :rolleyes: :shakefinger

Miss Jennie

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Gud neerlee bedtyme frendz.

Tiller, that wazza daft thing to do!

It haz bin sunnee and hot tuday. Mum sat owt inna gaardin and staart to giv me a gud brush owt. Charlie, I dun a BIG shed ov mi furs. Mum nevva seen so much furs kum off me! She gots wun ov thowse rubber mitt fingz wiv lotsa littul spiky fingz onnit and she hadda kleer it owt sixlebbenty tymez and ther waz still mor to kum! Then she had Zavvi on hur lap butt hiz kote iz diffrunt to myne and she yuse a brush on him and lotsa furs kum owt ov him too. Wen she furst giv him a brush owt a kuppla munfs ago not mutch kum owt butt now we ar bowff losing ower kotes!

Fankz agen fower showing ower gaardin foteegraff Mam, it waz planting owt littul sedum kuttingz in that newly kleered sekshun that she manidge to set the bak off. Now no gaardning being dun heer ‘cos ov Mum’z bad bak. She kross ‘cos she losing sunnee dayz wen she kud be getting fingz dun. She iz mayking hur Krikkulmuss kaardz tho.:Peace She printed them and now adding hand  kullering bits.

Tyme fower bed so I send :ghplaybow to awl mi frendz,

Nutmeg.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

29 minutes ago, Banjoman said:

Tiller, that wazza daft thing to do!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  :laughitup:laughitup:laughitup  THIS IS ZAKTLY RITE!!!!!  Mister Tiller!!  You did a daft thing you did!!!  :rolleyes:  

AP - already did a daft thing and it took forever to heal up!!

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Mister Lupin, your Momma and I would get along great! I too, HATE the heat! I keep my winter temperatures the same as her! I had to go to a doctor’s appointment in Boston today. 96 F! Yikes! Had to see a neurologist. My left hand and my jaw are shaking. She’s pretty sure it’s not Parkinsons, but want me to get a brain MRI to rule out escemic tremors caused by mini strokes! Yikes! I was really sweating from the 5 minute walk from the subway to the office. I get to have the MRI in Boston in July. 😓Goodie. 
Miss Hating the heat Halise 

Aljo Atomic Kogo and DC Man of Steal

Tiller when oh when will the cloud that hangs over you & Miss Sherrie move on ? Soon I hope, very soon

We had a nice surprise.  There is a pizza place around here if you buy 1 you get the 2nd for $10. Our neighbor bought  pizza & bought one  for us.  Molly & I got some. Miss Linda is a nice lady for sure.

Lupin tell Miss Kerry the towel should be just wet or damp not dripping. 60 no no, 72 in winter , 69 in summer. When mom was a little girl we had NO heat upstairs. There was a ventilator in the 1st floor ceiling that was the only heat upstairs. THe bathroom was heated. Mom's next day's clothes went to bed with her so they would be warm .  In the morning she & the clothes went to the bathroom  & she got dressed there.

Miss Halise, I will keep my paws for you.

Bitzi off to dreamland.

Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

... 72 in winter , 69 in summer.    Or, if I had my way, 72 in winter and whatever the temperature is in the summer and no AC EVER! I have Raynaud's Syndrome, and I hate hate hate that little evil trickle of cold air that comes out of the vents and turns my feets and hands purple!

Miss Jennie

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

:coffee Good morning!

it’s gonna be eben hot hot hotter today and really hot for the weekend!

Auntie Gwen is coming over today to habs lunch with Daddy whilst Momma drives to Baltymore to habs lunch wif peeple she used to work with.  They are all retired now eggcept for one.  They are going to a seafood restaurant that they always used to go to before.   Momma is looking forward to seeing them!

Habs a gud day eberywon and stay cool!

Ivy 

• Like 1

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

11 hours ago, boopieface said:

96 F! Yikes! Had to see a neurologist. My left hand and my jaw are shaking. She’s pretty sure it’s not Parkinsons, but want me to get a brain MRI to rule out escemic tremors caused by mini strokes! Yikes! I was really sweating from the 5 minute walk from the subway to the office. I

And, then, when you get there, they say, "oh, your blood pressure is up".  That happened to me one summer in New London when I wen the gynecologist and they had moved their office.  By the time I got there, and ran up the stairs tot he second floor (lots of Victorian houses in use as offices), my blood pressure was up.  :brick    Gee, ya think?

No back problems from my busy day yesterday.  Just a blister on a toe from a weird wrinkle in my sneaker. :dunno  My friend Carm is coming over today.  We're going to sew a batch of crate pads for the local animal shelter, deliver them, and then have lunch.  Richard is :crazy that I'm busy most days.  Yes.  I'm living a life, not sitting there watching it shrink.  :blush  um, did I say that out loud? :blush

I wonder how soon Tiller can come home.  What a :censored .

• Like 1

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Finally a bit cooler   :coffee

BoyHowdy! Did we ever get a whopper of a storm last evening. 

Enjoy your lunch, Kathy  :chow

:unsure    Halise    Did you get an appointment for the MRI?  Hope you get some answers soon.

:)    Elizabeth.   It is not your job to keep Richard entertained.  

I’m stopping at the shack for a few minutes to put some sheets in the washer before heading to the boarding barn.  One of the horses is moving out and CoachKate may need some emotional support dealing with the owner and her Dad.  Kind of a sad situation.   Plus it is cooler this morning and I may do something with Patty.  

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg