The Christmas Hell Froze Over

I'm not much on Facebook except for groups related to greyhound health, but occasionally it offers some gems, like this memory it showed me from 8 years ago.

53427445419_10621b37f9_c.jpg

and then there was this one last week...

53427445429_58f10fe86b_c.jpg

Oh Sweep, you never had a poker face. :rofl 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

1 minute ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Oh, beautiful beautiful Sweeparina.  :wub: 

Who is that cutie on Sweep's bed?  

That is Banjo, one of two shih tzus belonging to my husband's aunt. We used to visit them in Atlanta around the holidays (they're now in SC so not close enough for a quick trip). Sweep seemed to realize that although it was her bed, it was Banjo's house, and perhaps the sheer audacity of the bed hijack shocked her into submission. I believe this was also the Christmas the other shih tzu, Tater, hopped on an ottoman to sniff Sweep's butt. :lol 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

this was also the Christmas the other shih tzu, Tater, hopped on an ottoman to sniff Sweep's butt

The nerve!  The audacity!  That dirty dog!

My niece's dachshunds completely took over my hounds' beds on several occasions.  My poor babies would come drag-footing up to me with big, sad eyes:  "Mommy, make them stop."   

• Haha 1

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

The look being exchanged between those two :rofl

Plusalso, no one does or did a Maybelline pose like your girl :beatheart

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I can practically hear the shih tzu saying, "Are you gonna make me?" :lol

Sweep was such a gorgeous and special girl. :beatheart 

• Like 1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

13 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

Sweep seemed to realize that although it was her bed, it was Banjo's house, and perhaps the sheer audacity of the bed hijack shocked her into submission

It's so funny to see them sort themselves out.  You can see them being tolerant... up to a point. Watching my 85 pound Mercury with my brother's Italian Greyhounds (who adored Merc) was pure theater.

• Like 1

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound