TGIF with Doolin

5 minutes ago, LBass said:

Oh, dear.  Channeling Spirit, by any chance, handsome Doolin?

I just read this from an old post of yours, and I'd say so! I'll have to try your tactic. 

Spirit is an odd duck. After about a year with me he was still not asking to go out. He is my problem "child" in that he sometimes marks in the house (new items) and very occasionally urinates in the house for no discernible reason--presumably because he needed to go out and I didn't get the message. I had such an odd and interesting experience with him. One day a few months ago I was talking to him at the door to the backyard. I told him yet again that "pee belongs outside". Then I said, "I'll let you out any time you need to go. Just let me know. Go stand by the door and I'll let you out.". I did NOT expect anything to come of that request. Low and behold, from that day forth, Spirit began to go to the door and look over his shoulder at me, asking to go out. I remain amazed and very pleased with my odd smart boy. :blush

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

4 hours ago, LBass said:

Oh, dear.  Channeling Spirit, by any chance, handsome Doolin?

Spirit is an odd duck. After about a year with me he was still not asking to go out. He is my problem "child" in that he sometimes marks in the house (new items) and very occasionally urinates in the house for no discernible reason--presumably because he needed to go out and I didn't get the message. I had such an odd and interesting experience with him. One day a few months ago I was talking to him at the door to the backyard. I told him yet again that "pee belongs outside". Then I said, "I'll let you out any time you need to go. Just let me know. Go stand by the door and I'll let you out.". I did NOT expect anything to come of that request. Low and behold, from that day forth, Spirit began to go to the door and look over his shoulder at me, asking to go out. I remain amazed and very pleased with my odd smart boy. :blush

I can't keep straight if Piper the Perfect :wub: and Spirit overlapped but it sure seems as tho they did :beatheart Brilliant!

Cute only gets you so far Doo, knock off the shenanigans!! Who am I kidding? :lol You're the best :kiss2

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

He's very very handsome. :beatheart 

Even after 6 years, Toodles has ... issues. She's pretty good on the urine front now ... unless she has a UTI. Poop can be a problem, since she's at the age (14+) where poop happens. But as soon as she's back on track, the memories of all the cleanup and laundry fade fast. 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

15 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

I can't keep straight if Piper the Perfect :wub: and Spirit overlapped but it sure seems as tho they did :beatheart Brilliant!

There were about 2 years when Piper the Perfect, Spirit, and MoMo Meany Pants were all with me, in addition to Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Winston, and OSH Miles. What a great bunch.  Piper was definitely the kind leader.  Great times!
Spirit maintained his new skill of asking to go out.  I'd forgotten that old post--thank you so much for resurrecting it!

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Hard to believe that sweet, sweet face could possibly be involved in anything naughty.

Doolin :kiss2

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

3 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

Doolin’s gonna doo what Doolin needs to doo when Doolin needs to doo it. 

That's the truth!

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

5 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

Doolin’s gonna doo what Doolin needs to doo when Doolin needs to doo it. 

:rotfl 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well boys will be boys…

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.