Mark says....

"Starting the day by taking a poo in a cold torrential rain is not my idea of retiring in the dezzert. I will be on one of my beds for the rest of the day if you need me."

usAZWD3.jpg

paCeE22.jpg

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

51 minutes ago, Remolacha said:

:beatheart:beatheart Val went out briefly and is now doing the same thing :lol

He did a U-Turn at 2AM when I opened the door and he saw the rain. He held it until after breakfast. :lol

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I believe Val is a card carrying member of the “this dog ain’t rite” club. She just spent 10 minutes wandering around the backyard in the cold rain. I finally went out and called her in, she was soaking wet. :riphairShe has never minded getting wet, and thinks the 50’s is the perfect temperature, but come on old lady!

5 minutes ago, Remolacha said:

I believe Val is a card carrying member of the “this dog ain’t rite” club. She just spent 10 minutes wandering around the backyard in the cold rain. I finally went out and called her in, she was soaking wet. :riphairShe has never minded getting wet, and thinks the 50’s is the perfect temperature, but come on old lady!

:rotfl  I love that girl! 

36 minutes ago, Remolacha said:

Lilly's the same way.  :rolleyes:  Plus also, she has a *very* thick coat - like a lab! - and it takes for-ev-er for her to get dry!!!  :rolleyes:  

I'm with Mark - I don't need that kind of negativity falling from the sky!!!!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Update - This is Mark's first real rain since he's been here.  I have been at the door with a towel to dry him off each of the times he went out in the heavy rain. 

I just walked outside after it stopped raining to check the rain gauge (we've had 1 1/2 inches of rain since about midnight) and Mark followed me outside.  When we came back in, he walked over and put his nose on the towel, and waited for his rub down.  The rain had stopped - he was already dry. :rotfl

Where is Cletus when you need him? A most eggsulint toweler-offer without any hooman effort :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

2 hours ago, Remolacha said:

Did you know that three rainwater rinses makes for very soft fur? :rofl

Grace has already signed up for that treatment :D

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Towel rubs almost make going out in the rain tolerable. Almost. YVT Hildy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

12 hours ago, GreyPoopon said:

Towel rubs almost make going out in the rain tolerable. Almost. YVT Hildy.

Mercury says towel rubbies make almost anything tolerable!!

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

On 12/24/2021 at 3:54 PM, Time4ANap said:

Update - This is Mark's first real rain since he's been here.  I have been at the door with a towel to dry him off each of the times he went out in the heavy rain. 

I just walked outside after it stopped raining to check the rain gauge (we've had 1 1/2 inches of rain since about midnight) and Mark followed me outside.  When we came back in, he walked over and put his nose on the towel, and waited for his rub down.  The rain had stopped - he was already dry. :rotfl

:rofl :rofl :rofl        Sounds like towel rubs will be a trend!   

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.