Sweep update: it's cancer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, EllenEveBaz said:

When's her next dose? 

July 15. She's been so good the past several days, fully back to her bouncy, chowhound ways...I hope it goes better this time. :unsure

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I'm delighted that she's back to being Sweep. :colgate 

Best wishes for the 15th.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm glad she's back to her happy self and hoping, with everyone else, that these difficult treatments do their job for Sweep. :grouphug 

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Cousin Aiden hoping all goes well today for Sweep :kiss2

:bighug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Checking in on Sweep.  Hope all goes well with this treatment. :wub:

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Just got home. She got trazadone for her anxiety this time (I didn't know that was an issue for her before but apparently so!) and they said she did well. She ate dinner and will probably pass out momentarily.

Thanks for the support, everyone! :grouphug 

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

9 minutes ago, Remolacha said:

Glad she is home, I hope there are no “afters” this time!

Me too! I'm not loving how she is acting on the trazadone but hopefully that will be short-lived.

Just now, BatterseaBrindl said:

Hope you both have a restful night   

Thank you...she's snoozing peacefully now. :) 

Morning report: no longer walking like she's been riding a bucking bronco all day. (Trazadone? Never seen her so wobbly and bowlegged before.) Drinking a lot. Doesn't want kibble for breakfast, but doesn't show any sign of nausea so I think she's just a bit discombobulated still. Pretty sure she'll go for cheesy scrambled eggs. Her ears just sprang to attention at the sound of the whisk. :lol 

ETA: eggs gone. 👍

Edited by ramonaghan

:yay Sweep :kiss2 Cletus KLTO would be proud!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Loopy Aiden checking in on cousin Sweep this morning :beatheart

1 hour ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Loopy Aiden checking in on cousin Sweep this morning :beatheart

Aiden. :kiss2 Cousin Sweep enthusiastically ate a bowl of chikken and oatmeal this morning--score! She says maybe you would like that when you're feeling a little more like yourownself, although your mom will probably need to make the chicken pieces very tiny for your sore mouth. Feel "more better" soon! :heart   

This is about the point where she started needed encouragement to eat last time, so I was happy that she ate so well and without any negotiation this morning (I didn't even bother offering kibble).