Odd thoughts when dog walking

Does anyone else ponder life the universe and everything while out walking their greyhound?

This morning I wondered how many miles each year I walked with Grace in one hand and a bag of dog poo in the other? :dunno

And.... are the areas of grass that are the greenest that way because dogs wee on them or is it because they are greenest is the reason they get weed on?:dunno

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Rocket and I used to discuss these kinds of things at length on our walks and occasio.... SQUIRREL!!!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Poppy is also a great listener to my dissertations on life, the universe, and everything and......FOXY! Tally-HO!

On our late pre-bed wee-wee walk, is saw two gleaming eyes in my headlamp range. Approaching nearer, it was a large male fox calmly lying down and watching us. at about ten feet Poppy was trying to go into heat seeking missile mode, radar locking on, with me trying to not have my arm wrenched out of its socket. Mr. Renard casually moved another 10 feet to the left and lay down again, watching us. After dragging Her Highness past the chase toy, with only one strangled bark, we proceeded up the hill. On our return Mr. Fox was STILL there, back where we originally saw him. Lying in the exact same spot just behind our communal lounge area (which is shut down due to coronavirus).  He finally trotted calmly thru the barbed wire fence border into the pasture next door. (We generally see around 6 sets of eyeballs from the resident foxes in the pasture at night. They usually stay at least 20-30 feet away staring at us.)

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Obsessive-compulsive thoughts here -- Will dogs' # of pees-per-walk equal their lifetime average?  What is typical gallon/liter bladder capacity of an adult male greyhound?  Is a walk down both sides of a street, which is visually boring to me, completely different on each side to the dogs because of the different smells?  Why must dogs always want to pee/poop on the yard of someone who is outside, looking at us?  Will Jeter start to pant if it reaches 74F on this morning's walk?  

Poppy was trying to go into heat seeking missile mode

:lol

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

On 9/27/2020 at 9:00 AM, EllenEveBaz said:

Why must dogs always want to pee/poop on the yard of someone who is outside, looking at us?  

:lol

Something I was pondering for the umpteenth time on a dog walk yesterday. :rofl

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

On 9/27/2020 at 8:14 AM, HeyRunDog said:

Does anyone else ponder life the universe and everything while out walking their greyhound?

This morning I wondered how many miles each year I walked with Grace in one hand and a bag of dog poo in the other? :dunno

And.... are the areas of grass that are the greenest that way because dogs wee on them or is it because they are greenest is the reason they get weed on?:dunno

If Chancey wees on my grass it immediately goes brown. The grass at the end of the road stays more or less green despite one or both of mine using it - why?

Then they see the cat that lives nearly opposite and I’m hanging on to two leads for dear life trying to keep two screaming banshees under control.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

On 9/27/2020 at 7:05 PM, ramonaghan said:

I often think about this bit from Demetri Martin (minor language warning).

:rofl

My thoughts (in no particular order):

• My next lecture (I'm a college prof)
  • My "problem child" students
  • My "problem child" faculty
  • Just how many times are you going to pee?!?!
  • My "problem child" dean
  • Three poops?  Really?!
  • What to make for dinner
  • Another Pee?  You're just squeezing it out, aren't you?
  • Look, neighbors!  I am carrying a poop bag.  That means I'm not the neighbor you're mad at.
  • Really?  That pee was 3 drops.  This is absurd
  • Uh oh! ankle biter on a flexi leash.  Come on, Merc, we're turning around.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

22 minutes ago, Mercsmom said:

• Look, neighbors!  I am carrying a poop bag.  That means I'm not the neighbor you're mad at.

:wife  :neener  

Yeah, that.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

19 minutes ago, Remolacha said:

Yes, even though I had a man accuse me of not picking up after my dogs when I had two full poop bags to wave at him!

....and me. I had to explain to him the difference between how male and female dogs pee. I also offered him a bag of poo which he declined. Pity really because I have a regular daily supply :rofl

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

21 hours ago, Remolacha said:

Yes, even though I had a man accuse me of not picking up after my dogs when I had two full poop bags to wave at him!

He was lucky you didn't throw them at him.  :brick

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

I think poop bags would make good self-defense weapons.  Even most drug-crazed muggers would pause at having an open poop bag waved at them.  "Want some of this?"  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter