Please Can Some One Help?

Guest Merlin

I'm looking for some kind of answers,he started a couple of weeks ago.sicking bile,he had the runs,thought it was just his delicate tummy,greys have delicate tums.he was 11years old,his back legs in the last month became very shaky and he struggled a bit holding hiself up at the backend,his poo got a bit better and just thought he was getting a little old as he didn't seem to be in pain,just a lazy old grey,but on Sunday 29th Oct, 2017,I got up to find fresh red blood down the kitchen wall with a puddle of bile underneath it,several puddles all over kitchen floor,and puddles of diareaha.merlin layed in the room and his heart was pounding out his chest,he wouldn't eat,not even cheese ,his legs were weak,he could hardly lift his head.I took him str8 to vets and the vet examined and he could even stand.he was pts within the hour but I still don't know what was wrong,I'm struggling coming to terms with to massive pain of loosing him.does anyone know what it could have been?

No answers here, either, but I am so sorry for your loss.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am very sorry you lost your best friend Merlin. I do not know what could have happened to your boy, it could be a few things. Sometimes we just never know and when they leave suddenly it leaves us with the question 'Why?'. The only way you would know for sure is a necropsy. We lost one of our boys suddenly at 8.5 yrs old, we don't know why but have suspicions but in the end, it's the pain of sudden loss that hurts so much. Take it easy on yourself and know Merlin is smiling down on you for the love you gave him.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

So sorry to read of your loss. There is probably no intervention that could have been successful even if the crisis had come whilst in the vets hospital. Quite possibly an un-diagnosed tumour or ulcer ruptured into his digestive tract causing catastrophic blood loss. If it had been gradually leaking blood and fuids before then it could also have caused septicaemia and initiated organ failure. 11 is into old-age for a Greyhound and i think you just need to try to say to yourself that it was Merlin's time. There is absolutely no blame here, so you can respectfully grieve for his loss and in a few weeks time it will be the happy memories of him which come back.

Run free and well again in the next world Merlin... :gh_run2

Your heartbreak is palpable. Sometimes we just don't know what went wrong. A necropsy would give you the answer. I am so very sorry for your lose and for the terrible experience. I had a similar scenario this past August with my 11 year old, Wendy. Brutal. Sending lots of gentle hugs your way. Rest peacefully, sweet Merlin.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

So sorry to read of your loss. There is probably no intervention that could have been successful even if the crisis had come whilst in the vets hospital. Quite possibly an un-diagnosed tumour or ulcer ruptured into his digestive tract causing catastrophic blood loss. If it had been gradually leaking blood and fuids before then it could also have caused septicaemia and initiated organ failure. 11 is into old-age for a Greyhound and i think you just need to try to say to yourself that it was Merlin's time. There is absolutely no blame here, so you can respectfully grieve for his loss and in a few weeks time it will be the happy memories of him which come back.

Run free and well again in the next world Merlin... :gh_run2

My thoughts exactly. I cannot put it so lovingly and succinctly as you did though John so I just ditto it. I am so sorry Merlin. Hugs.

I've lost two to hemangiosarcoma of the spleen or liver in a similar sudden end. Both were fine in the morning and gone by day's end. Actually, what does it matter. They are gone.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I know your heart is breaking and in a while the pain will be less. It will never go away, but you will be able to deal with it. G-d bless.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry for your losing your sweet boy in such a hard way. {{{hugs}}}

It does sound as though there was probably organ cancer or hemangiosarcoma involved, though we can't know for sure. If that was the case, there's absolutely nothing you could have done, even if you'd taken him in to the vet sooner. And in most cases, we don't even know they have this sort of disease until the tumor ruptures causing death. Your scenario happens more often than you would suspect and we see people posting heartbreaking questions like yours frequently.

Please try to remember the best times with your boy, and the years of happy, wonderful memories, and not have guilt over the last few hours.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I am so sorry that you lost your sweet boy.

I have added Merlin's name to the list of Bridge Angels. He's in good company.

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/321678-bridge-angels-in-october-2017/

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I am so sorry for your loss. Our girl, Brooke, died on her pillow while we were at work and the "not knowing" was horrible, so we had a necropsy performed. I found it helped me get some closure although it was incredibly painful even though there wasn't anything we could have done. I still felt so guilty for not knowing she was sick. I imagine the outcome for Merlin would have been the same and unlikely that you could have prevented it. My heart goes out to you, it's clear in your post how much you love him.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

To everyone that has sent messages for Merlin,thank you with every beat of my heart,Merlin also had no feeling in his back legs by the time we got into vets ,I've spoken to the vets and she said that he had something also sinister in his spine,she told me that he had no deep pain response in his back toes,he could no longer stand.knowing what it could have been is helping with accepting it that I did the right thing sending him the the angels.totally devastated and it doesn't feel that I'll ever feel right again,I feel his presence close to me,I miss him so bad and I'm uncontrollably crying xx

I am so sorry for your loss. Our girl, Brooke, died on her pillow while we were at work and the "not knowing" was horrible, so we had a necropsy performed. I found it helped me get some closure although it was incredibly painful even though there wasn't anything we could have done. I still felt so guilty for not knowing she was sick. I imagine the outcome for Merlin would have been the same and unlikely that you could have prevented it. My heart goes out to you, it's clear in your post how much you love him.

thanks so much,just so broken hearted xxx

thankyou so much xxxx

My thoughts exactly. I cannot put it so lovingly and succinctly as you did though John so I just ditto it. I am so sorry Merlin. Hugs.

you have no idea how much these posts have helped me.thank you xxxx

I'm so sorry Merlin's body failed so suddenly and frighteningly. I believe that he would want you to find peace with his passing--no guilt, if there was anything you could have done to change things, you would have done so. :grouphugs May the loving and happy memories of your life with Merlin fill your mind and your heart and bring you peace and joy to temper the tears.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I'm so sorry for your losing your sweet boy in such a hard way. {{{hugs}}}

It does sound as though there was probably organ cancer or hemangiosarcoma involved, though we can't know for sure. If that was the case, there's absolutely nothing you could have done, even if you'd taken him in to the vet sooner. And in most cases, we don't even know they have this sort of disease until the tumor ruptures causing death. Your scenario happens more often than you would suspect and we see people posting heartbreaking questions like yours frequently.

Please try to remember the best times with your boy, and the years of happy, wonderful memories, and not have guilt over the last few hours.

I'm not sure how to reply to u all as I'm not good with these forum's, but all I can say is thanku so so much,I'm totally bowled over by your support and love xxxx

I'm so sorry Merlin's body failed so suddenly and frighteningly. I believe that he would want you to find peace with his passing--no guilt, if there was anything you could have done to change things, you would have done so. :grouphugs May the loving and happy memories of your life with Merlin fill your mind and your heart and bring you peace and joy to temper the tears.

thanku so much,it's all the what ifs,it's just so devastating, the shock of it all was terrible,there and then gone in an hour xx

I am very sorry you lost your best friend Merlin. I do not know what could have happened to your boy, it could be a few things. Sometimes we just never know and when they leave suddenly it leaves us with the question 'Why?'. The only way you would know for sure is a necropsy. We lost one of our boys suddenly at 8.5 yrs old, we don't know why but have suspicions but in the end, it's the pain of sudden loss that hurts so much. Take it easy on yourself and know Merlin is smiling down on you for the love you gave him.

thanku from the bottom of my heart xx

I'm not sure how to reply to u all as I'm not good with these forum's, but all I can say is thanku so so much,I'm totally bowled over by your support and love xxxx

thanku so much,it's all the what ifs,it's just so devastating, the shock of it all was terrible,there and then gone in an hour xx

thanku from the bottom of my heart xx

I'm not sure how to reply to u all as I'm not good with these forum's, but all I can say is thanku so so much,I'm totally bowled over by your support and love xxxx thanku so much,it's all the what ifs,it's just so devastating, the shock of it all was terrible,there and then gone in an hour xx thanku from the bottom of my heart xx

So sorry your sweet boy had to leave you. I know and feel your pain. I lost my heart hound Luka suddenly this January. Never in a million years would I have guessed I would lose him that day.

I miss him with every breath I take. I can't believe our journey together is over.

Talk to you boy. He can hear you. Ask him for a sign to let you know he is OK. Give him a few days to get settled in at the Bridge.

I hope you find peace in your memories of your time together. And know you are not alone. We all grieve for all the hounds who have left this earth.

Hugs,

Jan, Carter and Neko

I am so sorry.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

So sorry your sweet boy had to leave you. I know and feel your pain. I lost my heart hound Luka suddenly this January. Never in a million years would I have guessed I would lose him that day.

I miss him with every breath I take. I can't believe our journey together is over.

Talk to you boy. He can hear you. Ask him for a sign to let you know he is OK. Give him a few days to get settled in at the Bridge.

I hope you find peace in your memories of your time together. And know you are not alone. We all grieve for all the hounds who have left this earth.

Hugs,

Jan, Carter and Neko

I will thank you. I'm talking to him like he's still in the house,feels like am going nuts,thanks for ur support xxxxx