Any Updates On Cassie?

Not yet. She finished her month of antibiotics and is now in her "no meds" month to build up her strength a little more before getting her first heartworm treatment on April 15. It being Nashville, a local musician has offered to put on a benefit concert for her, which takes place on April 4.

In the meantime, she is doing great! Coming out of her shell more and more, it sounds like (even roaching!), and her weight is almost where it should be. Here are some pics from the past couple of weeks (sorry they're huge--pasting from the adoption group's Facebook page).

17264634_1185383648226320_52766103892759

17498442_1192597297504955_38932379811546

17426061_1192597410838277_88537061643428

Edited by ramonaghan

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

She reminds me of my Heart, who went through heart worm treatment. Praying Cassie does well.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

such a sweet face! I wish she could tell us her story

Me, too. I wonder if a communicator was considered. I know it is a little to far out for some people, but, if it were my dog, I would do it.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I love her face <3

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thank you for the update and pictures. I'm so happy this girl has a second chance at retirement in a comfy home. I hope she continues to do well.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Me, too. I wonder if a communicator was considered. I know it is a little to far out for some people, but, if it were my dog, I would do it.

I agree about using a communicator. I have used one for years and got really helpful insights on my hounds, especially health issues.

I have not seen any mention of a communicator on the Music City Greyhound Adoption Facebook page or their Yahoo group. If you have a specific recommendation, please feel free to post it on their Facebook page. It's a public page and linked above in my update, and they're very responsive.

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

• 3 weeks later...

Cassie update: she got her first heartworm shot yesterday. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, as she's now entering the most critical period.

Here she is watching Animal Planet Nat Geo Wild. :wub:

18218558_1492536302.2805_updates.jpg

Edited by ramonaghan

Aww, sweet girl! :beatheart:getwell

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

OK, that is absolutely adorable!

I love how all the other hounds are asleep and she is just riveted by the TV. :lol

:wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• 2 weeks later...

Look who discovered the couch!

18193059_1224447440986607_48985069784203

Cassie is doing well--she has lost some weight (despite eating 5 cups a day) and still has mild bronchitis, but her heart is smaller and her bloodwork came back normal. She is due for her second heartworm shot in 3 weeks.

Edited by ramonaghan

Awesome news! :yay

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg