Bridge Angels In 2016

macoduck

Saying goodbye to the beautiful greyhounds and their friends who left us in 2016.
As you run with the wind send a caress to wipe our tears.

Gone but never forgotten. Loved forever. Run free with those who have gone before you. Greet all those that will follow.

January
Poppy
Donna Morin (Bowwow Bonnets)
Murray
Sophie
Jethro, Canton OH police K9 officer
Bam Bam
Diana
Miss Hattie
Bugsy
Zeke
Sonny
Shelby
Fox, the Blue Heeler
Lee
Lilly

February 2016
Liam, the cat
Samantha, the cat
Duffy, the deerhound
Tilly
Winnie
Maud, the chicken
Ace
Mary
Dolly
ZoeDQ
Heisman

March 2016
Molly
Gypsy
Soul
Bea
Nash, the lead Iditarod dog
Jane
Monty, the cat
Mafi, the galga
Zander
Tigger
Barbara Upchurch, devoted Project Racing Home volunteer
Sunny
Capt. Gus
Goose
Chief Inspector
River
Fly

April 2016
Brendan
Zola
Spud
Ginny
Johnny, the Maine Coon cat
Nefer
Paquita, a lovely Spanish girl
Zuni
Minnie, the beagle mix
Louis

Carolina

May 2016
Satin
ShadeMan, the kitty
Lizzie
Gizzy
Brady
Jim Kent, greyhound lover
Sneakers
DesiRay

June 2016
Vinnie
Ella, the whippet
Django
ArchE
Penny
Benny
Gracie, the whippet mix
Johnny B
Cella
Frida
Throp
Brooke

July 2016
Anna Banana
Lenny
Pogo
Oliver
Chase
Maverick
Tibbie, furry friend of greyhounds
Hester
Sunny
Nikki
Jules, the galgo
Ajax
Ruby
Lady
Kevin McK, beloved husband of Kelly (kikibean), greyhound lover extraordinaire

August 2016
Raven, the Lab mix
Dave Breen, founder and president of Arizona Greyhounds in Sierra Vista, AZ
Sophie
Shadow
Riley Roo
Cecil
Jean Gzikowski, greyhound lover, owner of Grammie's Jammies
Crouton

September 2016
Moody
James Bond
Zuri
Luke
Macy May
Lizzy
Miles
Carl, the last of the original WFUBCC houndies
Annie, the Scottish deerhound
Amirra
Fenway
Lena
Cooper
Uber

October 2016
Panda Bear, the kitty
Angela, the old low-rider cattle dog/mutt
Stormy
Grandy
Gigi
Beckett
Tovah
Java, the IG
Sagan
Harriet the Spy, kitty
Shane
Princeton, the shih tzu
Pulsar
KC Kitteh, the Tart
Corinna
Snozzle
Lucky, the greyhound mix
Teddy, the kitty
Tony
Calvin
Silver

November 2016
Percy
Dora
Santa, the galgo
Riley
Lou - TK Lumiere
Dexter
Kahn
Marco, the galgo
Sadie Roze
Manley
Birdie
Tien, the italian greyhound
Pete
Mary Charlotte Lyman-Gruber, greyhound lover
Wiggles, the baby cockatiel
Rhaegal, the kitty
Dee

December 2016
Leia (Princess Leia)
Sophie, the podenco
Nasa
Noelle
Lola
Billie and Axel

Sprinkles

They'll always be with us, just slightly beyond the point that we can see with our eyes. In our heart, though, they'll be bright and clear, as they always were.

~ Please let me know if you have any corrections needed or additions ~

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Oh, Ducky this is too much.

I am so sorry for all the losses this year.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Holding my breath that there are no additions for December......

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Thank you.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Maybe you could change Leia to her name on her Bertillion card,,,Princess Leia. Such irony.

I've changed it for you, Ron. :brokenheart

tiny hada siggy.png

Thank you, Ducky.

"You will lose someone you can’t live without, and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly—that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp. --- Anne Lamott

:angelwings :angelwings

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest FordRacingRon

Thank you, Ducky.

"You will lose someone you can’t live without, and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly—that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp. --- Anne Lamott

:angelwings :angelwings

Thank you for remembering my heart dog. thank you to everyone with the wishes,,I am still bent but working on it.

I like this poem. About a year ago Leia dislocated the tip of one of my fingers and it is still bent somewhat. I never had it fixed. Sort of like that broken leg that never heals,,,,

"Some souls have a connection that lasts for all eternity". Tao

Sunny :heart and Sophie :heart

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I was looking thru some old cards and found yours from 2012 with pictures of Murray and Holly. :(

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Can you add Carolina? She passed in April.

Done. :grouphug

tiny hada siggy.png

Losing 2 within 7 months has been the hardest part of my life so far. I pray my pups don't make it on the 2017 list. Never take a moment with them for granted, life with them is so precious, but far too short.

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross