Fiona (Cash A Plenty) Aug. 29, 2001-May 5, 2014

Fiona3

I am so very sorry :(:(:grouphug:grouphug

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your beloved Fiona. :grouphug

:gh_run2

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Dear Mary, I am so very sorry that you had to let Fiona go and very sorry to hear that she had such a bad reaction to this chemo treatment. I know there are no words to comfort you and Jim and the family. Thank DOG she had a wonderful life with you. Sweet memories but not enough of them. My heart goes out to all of you and pups left behind to pick up the pieces. I will be in touch with you again by phone or email. Sending cyperspace hugs..........................

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

It's easy to understand why you will miss your lovely little shadow. She was as beautiful inside as outside.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Fiona.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest gotgr8hnds

:gh_run2

I am so sorry for the loss of your 'Fiona in my footsteps'. You were both so courageous throughout her surgery and chemo treatments.They gave you more time together and that was such a blessing and a wonderful gift.You made lots of special memories throughout her life -- and, certainly, over this past year.

I love your story about Fiona leaning against you and both of you listening to the cardinal singing.. . .and the way she followed you around and would look back to make sure you were always near her. Your tribute to her was beautiful. It included one of my favorite photos .....Your sweet girl is standing over her buddy, Bailey. When you told me he's been sleeping on her bed today........that touched my heart.

I lit my Circle of Greyhounds candle a couple hours ago and it's burning brightly. I also rang the chimes on my screened-in porch........My ways of telling Fiona 'good-bye and I'll remember you'. The chimes sounded beautiful and I bet she could hear them clear up at the Bridge.

Take good care of yourself, my friend.

We too lost one suddenly, when he was given ill-advised drugs for an investigative procedure. It's such a shock, and I'm deeply sorry for your loss. But it strikes me that she was in the best possible home for 10-1/2 years! What a blessing for you both. Take care, and know you were loved.

Rest well, beautiful Fiona. :f_white

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful Fiona.

:f_pink:brokenheart:f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

So very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Fiona.

You made so many wonderful memories....remember them...and smile.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Dont 2nd guess yourself. You always did what was best for Fiona starting with adopting her as a bounce & all thru her life. Your beautiful Fiona is running free & well at the bridge & knows that you always did the best for her..

:bighug:bighug:bighug:bighug

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Recently, she would walk around the yard and come up to me to lean against my side. She would raise her head and seemed to be listening to the birds, especially a male cardinal whose beautiful song could be heard high up in the trees.

She knew her time was drawing near, and wanted to share all her love with you and her beautiful world. :grouphug

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

M, I had to investigate the cardinal totem. This is what it says.

Cardinal Medicine renews vitality in life and returns joy, brilliance and balance to the mind, body and spirit. He awakens spiritual transformations, intellectual insights and heightens intuitions and perceptions. Cardinal aids in manifesting dreams and ideas by focusing intentions where it's needed. He adds color and balance to life and demonstrates that everything you do is important. He aids in understanding and helping you find your own song in life. Are you doing what needs to be done or should be done? Pay attention to your diet. Are you eating balance meals; too much or not enough? Cardinal can teach moderation in all things and can help in finding a healthy balance of physical and spiritual. Do you have enthusiasm for a project or idea? Are you voicing your ideas? Are you listening carefully to others and your surroundings. When you listen to Cardinal's lessons, he will teach you strength in creativity and productivity with discernment and balance. Listen

He returns joy, brilliance and balance ... Everything you do is important. :heart

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thank you to everyone for the comforting and beautiful words about Fiona. She was such a gentle, sweet soul. Her absence is keenly felt. She never wanted anything more than to be with her family in the home where she knew she was loved.

Jan, the words of the Cardinal totem are moving and so appropriate. Thank you for finding this. When I hear the cardinal singing outside it brings a sense of peace.

A few weeks ago I ordered a special daylily plant for my memory garden to remind me of my beautiful moments in the yard with Fiona and the Cardinal. I had no idea that Fiona's time left with us was so short.

Yesterday I opened the door and there was a box with "Early Bird Cardinal Daylily" sitting on the porch where it had been delivered. Perhaps my sweet girl has sent me the sign that she will be listening with me as our Cardinal sings. :heart

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Sweet Fiona, Mary I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey