Streak And I Found A Friend

greymomnc

As many of you know Jonelle's sudden passing left a big hole in our hearts. She was such a presence in our lives and in this house. I didn't know when I would be ready to adopt again. Streak was not doing well and I was really worried about her. She missed having Jonelle around and she just seemed to age overnight. My husband and I decided to take her to the GFNC kennel to see how she would react. She just lit up. She had been to several events at the kennel before with Jonelle and usually just found a quiet spot to hang out. She was so excited to be there and ran with the other dogs. I knew she needed a friend sooner rather than later. Maybe a new dog would help my heart heal too. So, we decided to adopt Minnie. Racing name Exclusively Mine. We brought MInnie home on Friday and she is adjusting beautifully. You may not be able to tell from the pictures but she is a tiny little thing. Just over 50 lbs. She is a very friendly and loving. Streak is already getting back to her usual self. They don't interact that much yet...but one having the other around has seemed to help both of them. I know it has helped me. Jonelle is still on my mind so much but thinking back to when she needed a family has helped me realize Minnie needs one too. When someone asks me if MInnie is a rescue I'm going to tell them "Yes, she rescued us". Here are some pictures.MinnieonBed_zps8ee3a0de.jpg?t=1381849943

MinnieonLanding_zps96f57ecd.jpg?t=138184

Cockroach_zps8636e4b0.jpg?t=1381849942

MinnieonPorch_zpsdcb34ab0.jpg?t=13818499

MinnieandStreak_zps25537a85.jpg?t=138185

greytalksignatureresized.jpg

Minnie is a doll; I love that second picture especially. Glad she is helping to ease your pain and Streak's. :beatheart

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Love that last picture! She looks like a firecracker!

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

She is beautiful! Congrats!!! I am sure she will be a great heart-healer.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

What a cutie. I have a feeling that she is going to be running things there pretty quickly.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Darned allergies. I love this. Minnie's coloring is the reverse of Streak! She's gorgeous, and I am so happy you all found each other :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What a doll! Congrats to all on the rescue. Wishing you many many many years of happiness together!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Congratulations!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Carla, I am so happy for you and your family!!! :clap

Minnie is absolutely precious....that second picture of her is priceless--she looks like she'll be so much fun!

After Robin passed away, Toby was just kind of "blah" and not himself, and I really needed some happiness in my life.

Just because I was grieving did not mean that I couldn't open my home and heart to a hound that needed a family.

Everyone needs to do what they feel is right for them, but I was so happy adopting a few weeks after our loss.

Wishing you all many joy-filled years! :)

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

:confetti Congratulations and welcome home, Minnie! I'd seen that little cutie on the GFNC website and she's even cuter than I thought! Let the healing begin. :heart

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Holly rescued us after Bee Wiseman died, so we can relate to that sentiment.

Congrats to you and to Minnie! :)

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Congratulations!

She's a cute little sprite. And she has a great name. :lol

ETA: My unplanned addition--Annie--has helped us a lot.

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Congrats. I was wondering who adopted this pretty girl when I saw she was adoption pending.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...