Lazer,, Yea! Pearly Whites!

OMG ! Only in my dreams did Lazer EVER have white teeth!!! and now here he is ,, ALIVE, a little tuckered out,, but ALIVE

and has WHITE TEETH!!!

his gums are red - probably pretty sore. She did not have the ultrasonic cleaner, but still did a very thorough gentle cleaning!!!

she said his teeth are basically healthy. nothing was loose or looked like they needed to be pulled.

so~

Now to get his gums healthy - I am so glad we started the antibiotics - he will be taking them for another 10 days or so.

he was absolutely NERVOUS! he was absolutely glad to walk out of there!!!

with this being our ONLY option in cleaning his mouth/teeth - I am thrilled with the outcome.

:bgeorge

thank you all for your positive collective thoughts for Lazer !!

and lazer thanks you too - from his now tightly closed eyes,, he is in la la land!!! :)

L-

Today is our DAY!!!

Lazer hasn't enjoyed the added antibiotic to his daily schedule of pills. His apatite has been down - but other than

that I think he's as ready as ever for clean teeth!!

mom on the other hand is nervous and trying not to show it!

Lazer received a BOX yesterday - his Auntie Linda sent him BURPDOG cake for his birthday - coming on Saturday.

I did KNOT make him wait - he gobbled up a couple big bites last night.

I'll be back later to let you all know how he does.

fingers, toes, arms and legs ---- anything and everything that can be crossed - please cross them

for good luck!!!

Thanks!

Most of you know about my miracle boy Lazer. He is doing VERY VERY WELL!!! :mexi2

this is his 18+ month update:

Remaining Clot in his heart: 1/4 the size it was at it's largest!!!! This alone is AMAZING , but there is more

his blood work is very Close to Normal and continuing to improve as time goes on.

His urinalysis : well there is still protein loss,, however it is also improving and getting better

VF titre is staying very low! :gh_bow

ALL THESE THINGS LEAD ME TO ASK FOR ANOTHER ROUND OF PRAYERS FOR MY BOY! :hope

on Thursday he will be having a gentle cleaning session on his teeth.

we cannot do a full dental due to the clot in his heart - he cannot go under anesthesia : so this is our next best option. if we do nothing - he will certainly be die from the bacteria in his mouth continuing to

contaminate his body/kidneys and continuing his PLN --- shortening his life span considerably!

and call me greedy - but i intend on lazer being here with me FOREVER!!! :nod

He is starting clindamycin today

Colloidal Silver will be used along with other anti-bacterial/fungal/microbial holistic mouth washing during the cleaning. NO electric tools will be used and sharp tools will be kept to a minimum - I will be present thru the whole procedure and will be holding his paw to keep him calm.

I know this will not get everything we need from under the gums - but we will get as much as we possibly can.

Thank you all!! This will be the first place i come to update on Thursday afternoon!

sorry if you think this is posted too early - but the Power of GT is undeniable and we Believe in the power of collective intent of health - :)

small teaser - another thread will appear soon for my boy in EE as this weekend will be his 7th Birthday !!!

we didn't think he'd live thru that first weekend - almost 19 months ago!

lorinda and lazer

Edited by 3DogNite

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

I have been chanting and praying...............praying and chanting.......................keeping everything crossed! Holding YOUR hand thru the USB since I can't be there in person.

Love that miracle boy! He has the best Momma in the world :bow2 who has moved heaven and earth to get him to this point. Go Lazer! :yay:yay:yay

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

That is awesome Lazer continues to do so well! His story is a miracle story no doubt about that. Good thoughts for you boy during his dental this week.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Is an ultrasonic scaler available? Gentler than hand scaling but you can still get under the gumline. Still need to polish when done!

Good luck, Lazer!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Is an ultrasonic scaler available? Gentler than hand scaling but you can still get under the gumline. Still need to polish when done!

Good luck, Lazer!

OH! good question - i will find out. thank you!!

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

:mexi2:pepper so happy to hear this update!

:candle for the dental-lite

I don't know if he could take this with his health issues, but my guys have been using PlaqueOff which really helps keep the tartar and plaque down. Obviously, does not replace a dental, but it really does help if you have a dog that can't go under anesthesia. My friend uses it on her 13 yr old coonhound too, with great results.

Sending best wishes and positive thoughts to Lazer and you - hope all goes well Thursday :goodluck .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

That's a wonderful update! Continued :hope for Lazer.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

He's an amazing greyhound as you are a special person Lorinda......will be thinking of you and your boy Lazer on Thursday and hoping for a good outcome

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

I'll be updating the 1st post -

Thank you all for your added support today! Lazer is fine and more than ready - mom is a little nervous

Lorinda

UPDATE POST ONE!!

I don't think Lorinda took many breaths during the entire time (a very LONG time) the procedure was taking place! But all is well and now Laser can rest and concentrate on getting rid of the rest of that clot in his heart!

Love you,Laser!! So glad you had your cake early!!! Happy Birthday!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead