Jilly Vanilli Bean 12/23/98-12/18/12

TheFullHouse

At the Pearly Gates St Peter tried to direct Jilly Bean toward the small dog side of the park as she headed to the big dog side.

"Why ever would you want to play with those big greyhounds?" asked St Peter.

"Play?" replied Jilly Bean, "I am their queen and they have been waiting for me. Now unless you have some french fries, please move out of my way."

:grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ladyhound

Judy and Mike and Kevin, I am so very sorry for your loss. I was very privileged to meet Jilli Bean on several occasions and she made me fall in love with little dogs like I never even knew I could. Such a sweet, funny, spirited little girl, a teeny tiny little thing ruling a house full of big tall greyhounds. It was an awesome thing to see. I think Mike had a wonderful idea to celebrate her birthday anyway, that is a wonderful honor to her. Have no doubt her brothers and sisters at the bridge are having quite a welcoming birthday party for her.... Many hugs and much love to you all.

Jennifer

Guest K9_Lady

I am so sorry Judy, she was loved by many! Jilly Bean stories and pictures never failed to put a smile on my face.
God speed sweet girl and keep everyone in line at the bridge. :paw:heart

Oh Judy, there are no words :weep :weep :weep

Jilly Bean will be missed forever by GTers across the country and beyond. She was a real little legend on this forum. I will miss seeing her so much. It truly is the end of an era on GT :cry1

Thinking of you at this time of heartbreak and grief :brokenheart:grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest FawnFan

I'm so very sorry for your loss of The Bean. Like others have said, she was one of my favorites here on GT too. Thank you for providing her with her forever home and for sharing her stories here on GT. She certainly was a character and one I personally admired. I will keep you, your family and your pack in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Run free sweet dear Jilly Bean run free

~Jean

ETA: Macoduck - your words paint a very probable picture of Bean's arrival at the Pearly Gates. Thank you for sharing and I hope St. Peter stepped aside so she could get to work.

RIP Jilly Bean

Edited by FawnFan

Oh Judy - I'm so sorry. So very sad. Jilly Bean was one of the original characters that drew me to this board years ago. I always loved a good Bean story. GodSpeed little sweetheart. We're really gonna miss you.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

Jilly Bean how loved you were - by your own family and your extended GT family. We will miss your lovely stories sweetie. Run free now, and keep all those greyhound angels in line for us.

Judy, I am so sorry that Jilly Bean had to leave. :grouphug

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I am so sorry to hear this, in the years since I joined GT, I could always count on the Beanie to be a constant. But know she is over the bridge, being the task master to every houndie there. Things must ahve been getting out of hand and she knew her skills were needed there and you had things under control here.

Bean, keep'em flying right and watch over them till we all get there.

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

My heart is so sad for you tonight as I read of Jilly's passing. I've not been on GT much for the past few years, but she is one honorary 'hound' whose antics I've especially enjoyed. What a special little girl she was. My condolences on her passing :(

Edited by jodyksam

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

I'm so sorry. Hugs to all of you as you grieve the loss of the Bean.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so sorry, Judy. What a special, larger than life pup Jilly was. How lucky she was to have had you as her momma. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Guest D_MansMommy

i'm crying here :weep so sad. hugs to you and your family. Jilly Bean will forever be in our hearts. Jilly Bean keep all those greys in line at the bridge :f_red

Guest FrostyBottoms

Judy, I am so sorry. I saw on Facebook that Jilly Bean had passed. I haven't been on GT in a while, but I had to come send my condolences. Jilly was always one of my favorites....little girl keeping all those greyhounds in line. RIP Jilly Bean. <3

Guest BradyzMommy

I am so sorry for your tremendous loss and am so very sad to see this. She was quite the character and will always be remembered as the greyhound mascot. I am glad to know that she is keeping all the greys in line at the bridge. :grouphug:grouphug

So sorry to hear about your loss of Jilly Bean, looks like she was the life of the party and I'm sure that she will keep all the greys over the rainbow bridge on their toes

I am so sorry. It's amazing how these JRT's implant themselves in our hearts. My Reggie meant the world to me as Jilly Bean did to you.

Lexi the pointeresque mutt (1999), Homer the chi mix (2010) and Lacey the ? (2009). Always remembering Dita, Best, Oba, Bubba, and the others at the bridge.