Jilly Vanilli Bean 12/23/98-12/18/12

TheFullHouse

She didn't quite make her birthday. :weep

She came to us at the age of 4 when her first owner said she had to go because she bit a little kid who was teasing her. Jilly was justified in the bite because the kid was warned to stop and didn't. We had just lost our boy and Mike was heart broken and said we needed a dog in the house, it was too quiet. I jokingly told him where he could get one and the next thing I knew Jilly Bean arrived at our door step with anything and everything we would need to take care of her. I told Mike that this girl was smart and would wrap him around her paw in nothing flat, which she did. We took her to training classes and she even tricked the trainer. She was smarter than you could ever imagine.

She was a character. She loved making her own bubbles in the bath tub and then popping them. She loved playing in the pool and with the hose and she could chase tennis balls until the cows came home, far outlasting Mike, Kevin or myself. She accepted the role of greyhound trainer without a complaint and brought all of them in line. They responded to Jilly's commands without question. The only one to even get close to her was Valentino and she taught him right away that you never, ever mess with the Bean.

I so hoped that she would make her birthday but last night the tumor broke through to her other nostril and started bleeding badly. Once we got it stopped it was quite apparent that she could not breathe through that nostril either. I sat up with her from 1:30 this morning until 7:00 when the vet opened. I lay with her rubbing her belly to calm her until she fell asleep just before 5:00. You could hear her breathing across the room. I made the decision at that time that I would not put her through another night like that again, no matter how much I wanted to celebrate Sunday with her. She had her breakfast with the rest of the family and then we took her to the vet where Mike and I held her as she gave us kisses on our noses like she usually does only this morning she gave us more. I wondered to myself if she knew we were setting her free from her pain. I loved every last kiss I got and then she gently slipped away. She took with her our shattered hearts.

I'm sure that Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino and Gee were there to greet her. I hope they have a huge birthday celebration for her on Sunday. We had already ordered her birthday cake and I was going to call and cancel it and Mike told me not to, we will all celebrate her birthday, even if she isn't physically here with us.

She was our sun in the morning and our moon at night and our home will never, ever be the same.

April72012201.jpg

IMG_0873-1.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

DSC03567.jpg

Jilly-1.jpg

Our bed is going to be so empty tonight without you Jilly Bean. :weep

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Judy. I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

A girl small in body and huge in spirit.

Charge on over the bridge, sweetheart, and give all those angel greyhounds the what-for.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a sad day for us on earth - but a happy one for those across the bridge greeting their good friend!!!

GT will not be the same without her!

hugs to you and your wonderful family

Play hard Jilly Bean! and send your mom a sign!

:weep:candle

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

What a legacy built by that big girl in a tiny girl's body. I'm so very sorry your little Bean had to go. :grouphug

Jilly Bean, we love you. f_yellow

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

There are no words to convey how deeply sorry I am. Jilly Bean was larger than life and will be with you forever.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I am shattered for you all. I love you, too, Jilly Bean. Safe journey, sweetheart, and hugs and peace to your family.

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Guest madredhare

Judy, I was so sorry to hear about Jilly Bean. When I opened my laptop this morning to Facebook, there was her picture, the first thing I saw. Just think of all the greyhounds she is giving "heck" to right now! So sorry for your loss.

This is such a sad day. Judy and Mike I am ever so sorry that Jilly Bean has left. We are all grieving along with you for many of

us felt JB was part of all of us. You shared many memories of her with us and we are all so thankful.

Run free Jilly Bean, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Grey Talk won't be the same without Jilly. I am so sorry for the loss of your spunky little dog.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Judy, Mike and Kevin, I'm so deeply sorry to hear that is was Jilly's time to leave you. I wish I had more comforting words to share but all I can offer is a :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so, SO sorry. I cannot believe how a little dog that I only met once can have touched my heart as much as Jilly Bean did. You were my all time favorite little dog Jilly, and you will never be forgotten. It was such an honor to have met you at Mountain Hounds, and I am so glad that I had that chance. Run free sweet girl. There are endless tennis balls in heaven.

Love,

Carol Ann.

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Judy, my heart aches for you and your family. Beanie - you are so loved and will be sorely missed. :beatheart

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I am so sorry Jilly Bean had to leave you. She was a free spirit with a wonderful soul that you could see in all the photos. Jilly was memorable and will be missed by everyone on GT. My heart goes out to you and your family on your loss.

:f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Oh, Judy. I was gutted when I opened up Greytalk and saw Jilly's name here. I'm so sorry. I hope she'll keep our bridge babies in line.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.