Joe (Reb's Joe) Aug. 17, 2000-Dec. 14, 2012

Guest greyhound_bug

Guest greyhound_bug

Its with a very heavy and broken heart that I write this. This morning at about 9am, our beloved Joe crossed the bridge and went to be with his "brothers" Sullivan (June 21, 2006), Simon (Dec. 20, 2011) and Eli (Jan. 13, 2012). His little body was getting littler and weaker, stumbling and collapsing at least once a day instead of once a month and accidents in the house becoming a common thing. It was time to let our little boy go.

We adopted Joe Septmeber 6, 2003 from GRA Canada. I had gone to a Meet and Greet with my mom, sister and now BIL. They were going to the kennel because my sister and BIL were thinking about adopting a greyhound that day. I told them that I wanted to go too (as I had known since I was about 10yrs old that "some day" I was going to have a greyhound) but that I was going to try to convince my husband to come too, just to look and get more information. When I got home my husband told me he couldn't go because he was "busy doing laundry and didn't like greyhounds anyways. They are skinny and ugly", he told me. Finally I convinced him to go too. When we got there, Bill asked how many greys will be going home that day. My mom did most of the speaking for some reason but politely told Bill that MAYBE 1 grey would be going home, as we were just there "looking". Bill just smiled, walked us into the kennel and told us, "girls on the left, boys on the right". Knowing that we weren't adopting any time soon, I took my time walking through the kennel. I heard Bill talking about taking a grey out for someone to walk. I look up and he is talking to my husband. I quickly walked over to where my husband and Bill were standing, and I smiled at my husband. He pointed and told Bill, "That one there. I wanna take him for a walk". Out from a wooden crate walked the most beautiful black brindle boy, Joe. Joe was such a black brindle that until my husband saw him walk out of the crate, he thought he was a black grey. We took Joe for a walk and before we knew it, he was in our car coming home with us. It wasn't long before my husband was asking, "Can we get 10 more of these guys?" We were in love.

Its because of Joe that we bought a house when we did (he had seperation anxity so bad that we went to my parents' house when we were at work). We had to buy the house so that Joe could get a brother and it wasn't long before we had 4 greys in our home. Joe started our true love for greyhounds. He came into our home with a huge smile and crossed the bridge with what looked like a smile on his face. We are going to miss Joe like crazy, our house already feeling so empty.

Thank you Joe for everything that you taught us about greyhounds, for allowing us to open our hearts and our home to such a wonderful breed and for being the perfect example for Paisley. We couldn't have asked for a more laid back, well manored boy to teach her to be a calm pup.

"Donkey" run like nobody is watching Joe. We love you!

What a sweet little boy. How fortunate you all were to have shared a life well lived and loved. My heart is breaking for your loss. :grouphug

Godspeed Joe, what a good boy. f_yellow

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thank you for sharing Joe's story. I am so very sorry for your loss. Our's son and DIL's first greyhound was also named Joe (SS Wiz Joe).

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

So very sorry for the loss of your Joe.

Remember the good times.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss.

You were a Good Boy, Joe. Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a beautiful story....I'm so sorry for your loss.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I am so sorry for your loss. Joe certainly had the home he needed with you - filled with love.

Godspeed Joe

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I'm so very sorry. Joe was the perfect start to your greyhound adventure.

Godspeed Joe.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Joe. Thanks for sharing his story of love with us.

Run free, sweetheart.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I'm so sorry!!! he was truly loved. :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway