Bijou Has Joined Isis Over The Bridge 2/1/99-9/6/12

greg1229

This morning after a breakfast of ice cream, a cheeseburger, and half a glazed doughnut I took my Bijou to the vet to send her over the bridge to join my hearthound Isis.

She had trouble standing and had lost another pound in a week. We laid down on a rug in the office and Bijou took her favorite position on the floor, leaning against my thigh and using my shin as her pillow. Her way of saying "give me some thigh rubs".

The vet gave her a sedative and then the final shot. I was talking to her and she let out a deep sigh and fell asleep then quietly cross the Bridge to join Isis in the Sunshine and cool grass.

I remember the day this deep blue girl just shy if 2 years old came bounding into my home and her and Isis proceeded to entertain and educate me. For the next 12 years, Bijou was my four legged disposal. I don't think she ever had a food she didn't like. Always at my plate giving me "those" eyes which I could never say no to. Even as I type this I keep expecting her to come over to the chair and bump my hand with her needlenose.

Bijou, you had a long full life. You were with me in my ups and downs and I was there for yours. No matter what the future has set in my path, I know that I can always look up and see you making sure I don't do anything too stupid.

Love,

Your Daddyman

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry, Greg. She's always been one of those hounds whose pictures never failed to make me smile. Such a stunning girl with a personality that just shined through the screen. I know it's never enough, but I'm glad you had twelve years together.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

It is so hard to say good by to a soul mate. She and Isis are looking down on you with love.

Adding my tears to yours - and with everyone else who knows this kind of love shared between hound and human

:candle

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

I'm so sorry.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Greg, I'm so sorry..........................

Run far and fast and free, sweet Bijou, with a heart and legs that are forever young and strong.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I'm so sorry Greg. Bijou will be missed but will continue to live on in your heart. I know that she is romping painlessly in the fields and watching over you. :f_white

Qui me amat, amet et canes meas...et felem.

Olivia (RDs Merrygoround, b. 4/6/07, Gotcha 12/19/11

Chloe (PAR Candice, b. 5/22/08, Gotcha 12/18/12)

i'm sorry for your loss.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest RooMcClanahan

Sounds like her final days were a lot like her life -- full belly, full happy and fully surrounded by people who loved her.

We should all be so lucky.

I'm so sorry. Your love for her was present with every post. Rest well, darling girl. (And you too, Greg.) Hugs.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Greg, I am so very sorry. They never stay long enough, but you made every day of every year special for your girl.

Godspeed Bijou f_yellow

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Keep watch over your daddyman always, special girl.

Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your love for your girls is always so evident in your posts. She was indeed a very special girl.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson