My Daisy - August 21, 1999 ~ June 15, 2012 (Island Daisy)

jodyksam

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for the loss of your very beautiful girl. That is exactly the way we lost our John E. He was fine at breakfast and gone by lunchtime.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Daisy was such a great girl. And she lived a wonderful life with you and the little ones. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Oh Jody, I'm so sad. I'm so very sorry, I wish I had something better to say. I am so glad I got to meet the beautiful Ms. Daisy all those years ago. You guys will always have a special place in my heart. If there's anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask. Much love from the boys & I. :heart

I am so very sorry!!! :cry1 :cry1 what a lovely tribute -- she was such a loved girl. :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl & was so lucky to be so loved. Godspeed Daisy! f_yellow

Edited by sweetdogs

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

How you loved her! She was stunning, clearly as beautiful inside as outside. And such a constant in your life---your lovely tribute shows the deep bond you shared through so many changes.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Daisy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am so sorry for your loss. :f_red

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest K9_Lady

Jody, I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Daisy. The tribute and pictures were beautiful. She will be forever in your heart :paw:heart

I am sending you a hug from the Midwest.

Thank you all so much for your posts. Each one means a great deal to me. I'm reminded of when I lost my mom and how each of the cards sent at first and then through the subsequent months meant so much. Such are your messages. I've not been on GT as much as I used to be, especially in the first six years of our time together. I recognize old friends posting here and new folks I've never met whose words have similar comfort. Thank you so much.

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

:cry1 I'm so very sorry. :grouphug:f_red

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

What a beautiful tribute to your girl. And what a long time you had together to build the memories that will keep her with you always.

Godspeed Daisy.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Jody, Daisy was so lucky to have you, and I am forever grateful to her for bringing us together, and grateful to you for "sharing" her with me for so many years.

I feel as if I've lost one of my own. My heart is broken for you, my wonderful friend. :weep

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

I'm sorry to hear of Daisy's passing. I still remember meeting you 2 at a NJ rest stop on our way to Dewey. :f_pink

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Guest MnMDogs

Jody I am so very sorry for your loss, and even more sorry that I never got to meet her. I think I recognize that pic from Sacramento, Ryan has a lot of pics from your visits to the dog park before I moved here. She was such a beautiful hound and I hear she was just a sweetheart.

Thinking of you and sending many hugs.