Godspeed Jimmy!

lovinggreysslp

We first met Jimmy eight months ago when he was returned at the age of almost 11 because his family no longer wanted him. We noticed right away that Jimmy was very wobbly, had very poor skin and coat condition and was underweight. We were relieved to find out that he was not heartworm positive, despite never having had the preventative. Jimmy fit into our pack fairly quickly although he was never able to be the true pack leader, like his littermate Larry had been, due to lack of physical strength and stamina. Daily walks, extra food and suplements helped Jimmy become stronger but in November Jimmy's health slipped downhill. He started throwing up and losing yet more weight. All tests done at our vet came out in the normal range. Then in December, an abdominal xray and ultrasound found a foreign body in Jimmy's stomach. Endoscopy and abdominal surgery revealed that Jimmy had swallowed four dog boots. Jimmy survived the surgery but then a couple weeks later, started going downhill again with a low grade fever, more weight loss and body shaking. A second set of xrays and ultrasound all came back normal as did every kind of diagnostic test we could run. Putting him on two antibiotics and prednisone three weeks ago seemed to have been the key to helping our struggling Jimmy. Unfortunately, after one good week, I noticed a lump in his neck. This lump grew very rapidly so I got Jimmy back to the vet. Sadly, my suspicisions that Jimmy has had an underlying serious issue all along were confirmed by our vet telling me that Jimmy has lymphoma. Due to Jimmy's very poor physical condition, putting him through chemo at this point was not the right choice for Jimmy.

We have been very fortunate to have had Jimmy in our lives for the past eight months. Despite his health struggles, he has almost always kept his spunky nature and just this past week, chewed up wooden clothespins, put tooth holes into his empty ensure can and barked very loudly at me when HE thought it was time to eat (which was often). While it is frustrating that we could never make Jimmy truely healthy, despite the best our vet and U of I could offer, Jimmy was spoiled rotten since day one and has been showered with all our love, care and most importantly to Jimmy, lots of food and treats. Godspeed sweet boy.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 I'm sure Jimmy had some of his best months with you.

Godspeed Jimmy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Thank you for taking in Jimmy and making him part of the pack. Even though his time with you was short, I'm sure that he knew how much he was loved. I'm so sorry that he had to leave.

Run-free Jimmy! f_yellow

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I am so very sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing that Jimmy is at peace, pain free, and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Thank you for stepping up and giving Jimmy a true forever home. I will never understand how someone doesn't want their friend anymore but I am thankful that there are people like you who are there for them. Although his time with you was not nearly long enough he left knowing how much he was loved and that he would be in your heart forever.

Godspeed Jimmy

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I'm so sorry Jimmy couldn't stay and be loved longer. At least he had the good fortune to be folded into your pack before he left.

:grouphug:f_white:grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I'm so sorry he couldn't stay.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

We have been very fortunate to have had Jimmy in our lives for the past eight months. And Jimmy to have had you. Thank you for loving a senior. Our time together can be so short, but oh, so intense. There is no other love like that of a senior houndie. You tried so hard with Jimmy and he knew it. I'm so sorry he had to go. :grouphug

Godspeed Jimmy, special boy. :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am very sorry for your loss of Jimmy. Thank you for giving him a home and providing the love and care he needed.

Run free Jimmy, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

God bless you for being there for senior Jimmy. You have stored up quite a treasure in heaven.:grouphug

Run Jimmy Run! Eat Jimmy eat! Bark Jimmy Bark! Run, bark, eat, enjoy your new healthy you and especially that you are loved always and will never be forgotten.:beatheart

:f_red :f_red :f_red:gh_lay

I'm so sorry.

Run with the angels Jimmy.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Though Jimmy's time with you was short, you gave him a great gift of love.

Godspeed Jimmy.

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11