Silver

Guest Mom2Shiloh

Carla, I remember when you and Silver found each other, a match meant to be. He was a beautiful boy and I'm so glad he had Bravo in his life, some things are meant to be. Your tribute to him is very special as was he.

My heart goes out to you.

Terry

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of the most beautiful tributes I've ever read. And I can actually picture him leaping up out of his worn-out body, all fresh and new and free of pain, his eyes all sparkling with delight.

I'm so sorry he had to leave. :f_red

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Dear Sage:

I am so sorry to read of the loss of your dear, sweet Silver.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful boy Silver was & an incredible soul. How fortunate he was to have found you - & you him. Godspeed Silver! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

:weep:weep:weep Such a very fine boy and incredible tribute to his many gifts to you. :beatheart I'm so very sorry for your loss. :cry1

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

What a perfect tribute to your beautiful boy. I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

What a beautiful tribute to Silver. I can feel your pain in your words and along with the enormous amount of love for him...run pain free Silver.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Carla, Silver was an amazing boy who gave you such love. How like him to do things on his own terms.

I'm so sorry though that he had to leave at all. I find some comfort that your big boy was there to meet my little girl, your FTH crush. She loved big brindle boys and her reminds me of our Jake.

Godspeed magnificent Silver, you were loved beyond measure. :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Tears here. :( A very touching tribute. I can imagine how hard it was for you to write. The other dogs' reaction to Silver that morning was so loving and sweet. I hope they and time will conspire to assuage your pain. :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

What a stunning tribute to your most special boy. I am so sorry for the pain you're feeling right now. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Carla, I wish I had words as eloquent and perceptive and heartfelt as yours, to help ease your pain. Please know that we are sharing your sadness, and are so very sorry for the loss of your precious boy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

What a beautiful, loving tribute to your boy. I am so sorry that he had to leave you. Through the tears, I am sure I see the dancing star in the night sky that is Silver.

:f_pink

Godspeed Silver, you were so well loved.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Silver was something else, a true force of nature. From the minute I saw his picture on the website, I knew he was special. I am so grateful to have met you, Carla, and through you your precious boy. I only met Silver twice but I'll remember him forever. He is so very loved. My heart hurts for you.

Oh, Carla....

I'm so sorry...what a precious dog he was, and how blessed you were to have him in your home and your heart. I'd like to differ on one small point, if I may. You said he embodied love. I'm inclined to think he embodied YOU -- your loving spirit, your gentle caring, your complete acceptance of those around you. He mirrored that, but even with him gone, those qualities remain in YOU, and when it's tiime to add another to your pack, it will be one that he chooses, who will complement the ones you already have.

Big hugs to you, sweetie. BIG hugs

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

What a beautiful, special boy.....my heart goes out to you.

Run free, Sweet Boy.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.