Jj (Garnet John) 1/16/2004 - 1/21/2012

Guest greygirls2

Guest greygirls2

JJ

(Garnett John)

1/16/2004 - 1/21/2012

So I walked into the shelter one cold Jan. day in 2006 expecting to foster a sweet little fawn grey girl named Debra. When I stepped through the door the first thing I heard was "we'd like you to take John, he's very needy grey who was just returned from a foster home and needs extra care." I took one look at the wild black boy jumping at the kennel door, with his torn coat, the one I brought for him when he first came in, hanging off of him soaked in urine and barking like a madman. I didn't think I'd be able to take him because my alpha female, Cali hated males to begin with and this one was just out of control. I agreed to "try" it and off we went. When I got him home I sent the girls out so I could clean him up then introduce them. I brought the girls in one by one and let them get aquainted....Tessa was thrilled to have a brother, Cali looked at him, gave him the "I'm the boss stare" and proceeded to squat and pee on his coat that I'd taken off him and tossed on the floor. I figured I'd have him sleep downstairs uncrated and that way if he woke up and needed to go out I'd be right by him sleeping on the couch. So I had a nice comfy bed all waiting for him but he jumped right up on the couch with me, heaved a huge sigh, settled right down and drifted off to sleep with his paw touching my hand. He was a completely different dog. The next day he got a bath and introduced the the upstairs which is our main living area. There he took the middle of the couch as each girl had an end. I named him JJ. That night he decided to sleep with me on the bed and that's where he spent every night after that. I guess I knew then that he was not a foster at all but here to stay. He was always such a sweet boy and could make me laugh with his goofiness. Whenever we would see a police car when we walked he'd strain to look to see if it was Val, his former foster Mom because he knew if it was she'd stop and he'd get pets and ear scritches. I've lost both of my original two girls now and JJ was a wonderful teacher for the 9 fosters who eventually did pass though our doors and into wonderful new homes. Always a gentleman he'd even share the bed if a foster wanted to lie there with him.

Two weeks ago I took him to the vet because he was limping in his left hind leg. I thought maybe he strained something playing in the snow but the x-rays proved different. After two separate 2nd opinions it was certain that it was bone cancer (osteosarcoma) and not just a bruised bone or infection as we hoped. The pain was not manageable even with the combination of meds so with a heavy heart I let him go. JJ had a rough start in life as his racing career never got off the ground and when he came into the shelter he was in bad shape. I hope the life he had here made him as happy as it did me and erased all the negative things he experienced before. I admit he was spoiled.......but after all he deserved it. He is loved and will be missed more than I can say,my heart is broken. I loved that big crazy black boy................. I especially miss him at night when he'd be hogging the king size waterbed with his head under my pillow and a paw on me. I hope he's running fast and pain free now at the Rainbow Bridge with Cali & Tessa and may they rest on the softest of Angel's wings together once again.

I'm so sorry. JJ sounds like a special boy who knew he was home when he met you.

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

JJ was a special character and he found the perfect home with you. I'm very sorry he couldn't have stayed longer. :grouphug

:f_red:gh_run

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet JJ.

It sounds like he was a wonderful boy.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I especially miss him at night when he'd be hogging the king size waterbed with his head under my pillow and a paw on me. :grouphug I'm so very, very sorry.

Godspeed JJ, your momma loved you so much. :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Sheila,

We are so sorry for your loss.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

He was meant to be with you. I'm so sorry you had to say good-bye.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He knew exactly where he belonged; I wish he could have stayed much longer.

Godspeed JJ.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry for your loss. JJ was so lucky to have found his perfect home, but he certainly knew it when he got there. I'm so sorry he had to leave you at such a young age but I'm sure he loved every minute of his life with you. Godspeed JJ! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm so sorry for your loss of JJ...he sounds like a really sweet, funny, loving hansome grey...and smart too, afterall, he had you at hello.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry for your loss.

But...what a special and beautiful story of a hound who found love.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

It's clear that he was precisely where he was meant to be. How you loved him!

I'm so sorry you lost your precious JJ.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

How lucky he was to find you, who loved him so very much. I'm sorry he couldn't stay longer with you.

Godspeed, JJ.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.