Callie 02-28-99 - 12-07-11

brindlebaby

I'm so sorry for your loss. Caliie was a beautiful girl & you're right, she was very brave. She was a lucky girl to be so loved. Godspeed Callie! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry for your loss.

Your Callie sounds like a wonderful girl, who knew she was loved....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

You gave her the greatest give we humans have to give....a peaceful end to suffering, and a piece of your heart to take with her

until you meet again.

Rest well, sweet girl; my condolences to your family.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

One of the most touching tributes I have ever read. Callie must have been a very special girl, indeed. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

What a touching story about a greyhound who won your heart and will never give it back, at least not in the same shape. Callie sounds like a precious and loving hound. I am glad you had so many years with her and that you still have dear Pixie.

I have my own tripod and they surely do manage to get along fine and fight the cancer until the end.

Thank you for sharing Callie's ending and I hope you find a new beginning at the right time...she will be in your heart forever!

:f_pink:f_red:f_pink:f_red

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

Oh, Kim, my heart is breaking for you! Carole on Paws Up 4 Greys had said you lost Callie, and I was waiting for what I knew would be a beautiful tribute here. Your tribute just reminds me of what I have always known---you and Callie were meant to be together. Every so often, a wonderful person finds just the right dog, and the two accomplish so much, and become an inspiration to everyone who knows them. For years, I've been in awe of you and Callie, the loveliest of ambassadors. I've aspired to do things with your class, creativity, and generosity, but of course, could never come close. You were the perfect extensions of each other. I'm so sorry you lost your brave and beautiful girl, but the love and the bond between you is so strong that I have no doubt that she will be watching over you, inspiring you still. Thank-you for sharing her with us.

Sending you and Herman gentle hugs and white light for strength in this sad time.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest VelvetEars

Kim, I am just sobbing after reading your tribute to Callie. She was one of those dogs that I just figured would always be here. Jackson just loved her.

Please know that she will never be forgotten.

And you're right - you'll know when it's time. February is a good month to adopt. That's when Jane came home. :)

I'm here if you need anything, but you know that. Over the next week or so, I'll see what pics I still have of Callie for you. I'm sure I have some from Louisville.

I am so very sorry!!! :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry. I know how hard you fought for Callie. :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

We are very sorry for your loss. Callie was an exceptionally special girl who fought osteo so bravely. Sending you a hug. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Guest dwolfe711

Oh Kim and Herman - I am just seeing this and read with tears running down my cheeks! Sweet, sweet Callie - you do know that Duncan and Brownie are showing her the ropes at the Bridge, as well as her brothers already there. I am so, so sorry for your loss of Callie - she was the perfect greyhound and she was sooooo lucky to have found her forever home with you and Herman. Looking at her pics brings back lots of wonderful memories from the past - time flies way too fast! You and Callie were the perfect pair and I'm so glad you found each other. She was a brave girl and a fighter to the end - she stayed with you as long as she was able - unfortunately, the time to let go always come too soon. As you said, when the time is right, you will adopt again because of Callie - not to replace her. Praveen was our 11th adoption a little over a year ago - I often say to Dave - "just look what Toby started"!!! She was our first and opened our hearts to all those who came after her. You will know when you are ready - and I truly believe that Callie will play a big part in which pup is lucky enough to touch your heart next! Our deepest sympathies and I am so sorry I did not see this sooner - life in 2011 has been hectic - but, thank goodness, at least all pups are doing well. Miss you -

Love, Donna

Kim -

I am so sorry for your loss of Callie. I still remember meeting you and Callie at a meet and greet and you told me that you orginally planned to look at (Trish) Ali first and it ended up that you adopted Callie and I adopted Ali. We can both know that we gave both our lovely girls great loving lives and wonderful homes. I know how hard it is to lose your beloved girl, Ali passed in 5/2010 and its been a lonely world without her. You will have wonderful memories that Callie gave you and Herman over the years to cherish. Again, I am very sorry for your loss.

Kerry

(Ali-at the bridge, Sierra, Chase and Macy)