Hailey (Pb Holly) May 28, 2000 - November 15, 2011

Guest Yankeegreyhound

Guest Yankeegreyhound

I can't believe she's gone. I remember like it was yesterday when we got her. We got a call from our group - emergency foster home needed. We were only on the emergency list because my husband said "no more fosters!!". I know it was hard for him to say goodbye to each of our fosters but this was an emergency. A bounce back was coming in. A sweet 4 year old who was in a home for 2 years. The same amount of time we had Sara for. Hailey was probably adopted right before we got Sara. The home she as in didn't want her anymore. It was a mother, a father, a child and another child on the way. They claimed that Hailey was a bad dog. She was chewing up their son's toys and they claimed she was having accidents. With another baby on the way, they didn't want to deal with Hailey anymore. The father dropped her off. It was a weird situation. Something was not right. Seems like the mother didn't want to get rid of her but the father did. So, we picked up Hailey with her big bucket of food, a doggy bed, a christmas tin that must have had cookies in it and her one toy - a hedge hog. We brought Hailey home to meet Sara. I looked at Hailey's one toy and then at Sara's over flowing toy box. The difference was sad.

When we got Hailey, she wouldn't even attempt to go up on the couch. Sara soon taught her ALL the benefits of retirement!!!! Hailey and Sara got along so well. Sara used to torment the male foster dogs we had. She's a very vocal alpha dog. Hailey would just look at her and giver her a look like "really???". They were meant to be together.

Then, the call came. Someone was interested in Hailey!!!! So, what did I do??? I fibbed a little. They askd if he was cat safe. I said she was sort of. That turned them off. Then I got a call from my group. :colgate We laughed about it and of course, I confessed that she was in her forever home with me and I couldn't let her go. My husband knew it too.

The years went by and we and we had so much fun with the girls. We went to the doggy park, we went for long walks. We lived in a condo with no back yard so we would take the girls to the tennis court to run around. We went to pool parties. We went to parades. Then, the skin kids came. Hailey welcomed our son. He became he snuggle partner. Then, we moved 1/2 way across the country and Hailey and Sara made all new friends. They made a race track in our backyard around the pool. We wen to Dewey for the first time in 2008 and the girls and a wonderful time!!! Then, the twins came and again, Hailey welcomed them. At night I would catch her sleeping on the floor in their room. I would catch her sleeping on my older son's bed.

She was my shadow. She would follow me everywhere. She wanted to be with me always. When I went to bed at night, I'd go into the bathroom to get ready. I walked down the hall and there she would be. Waiting for me on her doggy bed on the floor of our bedroom. She used to sleep in be with us but as she got older, it got harder for her to get up there.

She was there for Sara when Sara had her amputation. You could tell she missed her for the 2 weeks she was at the hospital.

Then, we went to Dewey again. I was worried about Sara and hr 3 legs but he was a trooper. The girls had another wonderful time. They just loved sleeping with Grandma. On Sunday, Hailey started limping. I thought she had just done too much.

She was diagnosed with osteo on October 19th. I knew before we went to the vet. The vet knew when she saw her. It was inoperable.

I tried to stay strong for my princess but it was hard. She's my princess, my angel puff. My stormphobic radar doggy. We spoiled her always but extra in the last couple of weeks. I wanted her to live forever. To be the one who got to 20 but it was not to be so. Even with her osteo diagnosis, I wanted her to be the one to beat the odds. Again, it was not to be so.

On Saturday, she took a turn for the worse. She couldn't put any weight on her leg. I knew the end was near. We thought about letting her go on Monday. I had my son say his goodbyes before he left for school but she wasn't ready. When we did leave, she ran (hobbled) to the door. Then, when we were outside, she watched us go out the window. I took a picture of her. It was adorable. She wanted to see my son leave one last time. But, we waited one more night. Tuesday we knew it was time. She was in pain.

She went peacefully with me and her father by her side.

I miss you my princess. I miss your happy teeth. I miss your soft fur under your ear. I miss seeing you before bed and first thing in the morning. I miss you waking me up at 2am to go pee. I miss you waking me up when there is a storm. You bounced into my life for a reason and I will always love you for that. You were there when I needed you. When I was alone and had no one but you and Sara. You will always be my special angel. I will love you until the day I day my princess Hailey Lee. I will see you again. Wait for me. I will be looking for you when my time comes.

post-21486-0-07557000-1321565807_thumb.jpg

post-21486-0-77023500-1321565832_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:cry1 I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so very very sorry.

Run with the angels sweet baby....

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

:grouphug The one positive thing about Faye Oops osteo diagnosis was "meeting" you through GreyTalk and learning about Faye Oops half-sister Hailey. Our girls will soon be running together pain-free.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

I'm so sorry. It's such a shock to hear the diagnosis, then lose them so soon afterwards. Nothing prepares you, does it? I'm sure Hailey has been met by Phene, Loca, and so many others. :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest greyhoundgirl1
:f_pink I remember looking at the great photo you posted after Dewey of you and your son and the greys! I am so sorry to hear about Hailey. You posted a wonderful tribute to her. I really hate how many of us have lost our greys to cancer this year. We so need a miracle cure. :f_pink

Christine, she truly was a very special girl. I know losing her has broken your heart and in time the grief will subside and you will smile again when you think of her.

Run free Hailey, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so very sorry! :cry1 :cry1 what a beautiful tribute for such a beautiful and loved girl :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

So sorry for your loss.

You have some wonderful memories to remember your girl by.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I am so very sorry.

Run free with the angels Hailey.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I'm so sorry for your loss. You were there for her when she needed someone to love her and gave her many years of happiness.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson