How To Even Begin?

Guest blastsmom

Oh, Terri. I am so sorry. I know how much Blast meant to you and how much you loved her.

Hugs,

Sheila

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is pain in every word you wrote. And every word brought back memories of the same kind of love and pain I had.

Bringing in another companion isn't always the best thing. Sometimes it works, and sometimes the timing isn't right.

But, would fostering help you? You don't have to open your broken heart to them, just your house, some food and a place to stay until they find their one very special person. Actually someone in your position makes a terrific foster because no one feels a loss as humans and greys part ways.

It's just a suggestion, but sometimes just doing day to day activities will help the time of grief pass a little faster.

I understand there are so many who need homes... but how do you replace your heart?

I am so very sorry. You don't replace your heart, but another grey can definitely heal your heart. You will have a place to put all that love you have for Blast. It will be received and treasured, and in time, that love will be for Blast and for your new pup.

Run free, Blast.

Oh Terri, I was shocked to see Blast's name here. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Godspeed Blast.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I am so sorry for your loss of Blast. You had such a special bond with this wonderful girl and your heartbreak is so clear in your words. This happened so quickly, it can only be a terrible shock. Please know you are not alone. In time you will be able to think of all the sweet moments you spent with Blast, all the funny little things she did that made you laugh and the joy you brought each other. In time you many find that just the right greyhound who will be your Heart Healer will enter your life. Follow your heart and you will know when it is time to open your home to another. For now, I wish you some comfort for your grief.

flowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gif

Edited by Fiona3

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Thoughts are with you at this most difficult time.

Run free sweet Blast.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest BlueCrab

i am so sorry to hear you lost your Blast. You know you've come to the right place to share, though, as so many of us have loved and lost...we understand. Take care of yourself.

I understand there are so many who need homes... but how do you replace your heart?

it doesn't get replaced when you give another a loving home -- it simply just gets bigger so all of them can be in your heart together :)

I'm so sorry about your little girl :cry1 :cry1

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry. I know your pain. I know the hole in heart is overwhelming. One day the memories will be happy ones. The love you shared with your special girl will warm you and comfort you. grouphug.gif

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest blastsmom

I do not know what to even say.... I am overwhelmed by all the kindness and warm wishes from everyone... I am just broken apart by her loss.... some days are worse than others. I keep wondering when this will turn to happy memories. Oddly, a few weeks before she was diagnosed, she was on the bed with me, like always.. and we were just being silly... told her she better write a letter to God for all the silly things she did... I always talked to her like she was human... so we actually sat here and made a letter... I thought I would share it with you all:

Dear God:

Let me give you a list of just some

of the things to remember that would make you proud

1. I try not to sneak Leo & Andy’s food before they could eat it

2. I try really hard not to chase bunnies after I “retired”

3. Leo & Andy’s poop are not cookies…

4. Momma’s bed is not a 'face towel'.

5. The garbage man is not stealing our stuff.

6. I try not to roo when I hear other pups

7. Sticking my nose into some one's crotch

is an unacceptable way of saying 'hello'.

8. I learned to shake the rainwater out of my fur before

entering the house - not after.

9. I try not to sit in the middle of the living room and

lick my privates.

10. Andy is not a 'squeaky toy' so when I play with

him and he makes that noise, it's usually not a

good thing.

P.S. Dear God: When I get to Heaven I promise to always

Behave ♥

♥Blast♥

to my girl.... Blast, I know God is proud of you babygirl! Please watch over your brothers Silver Bullett , Silver Spur, & Ramsey! Leo & Andy look for you...I told them you were with the boys, cuz us girls are always the strong ones! (sure wish I was now) missing you so very much!

I understand your pain, and my heart breaks for you. All I can tell you is that at some point a soul in need will find you and you will be ready to accept the healing they bring. Blast will undoubtedly be involved in helping your new friend find their way to you. :heart

I was told that missing someone is a way of keeping them with us, even when they are not. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest blastsmom

Oh, Terri. I am so sorry. I know how much Blast meant to you and how much you loved her.

Hugs,

Sheila

Oh Terri, I was shocked to see Blast's name here. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Godspeed Blast.

Judy and Sheila... thank you.... it means so much.... I am still having such a difficult time..... hoping the days ahead will be getting better.... :unsure

Edited by blastsmom