depth of the corns and she was a "don't touch my feet kinda girl". She gave

the vet and his staff a run for their money today! The corn removal and nail

clipping went wonderful and although a little wobbly on her feet she walked

out of the vets office and into the house when she got home. Then something

went tragically wrong over the next few hours - she lost all her

neurological function and went unresponsive. We rushed her off to the vet

unconscious knowing that we had to let her go. We are all just devastated

with such an unnecessary loss- Blaster stood guard over her while at home

and has been out in the yard looking for her - his harem down by 1!

Calypso was one of the most animated and mouthy little gals we have known -

hence her nickname " Clip-it". She had us pegged - she would sing us " to

her" every morning. There was never a reason for her to get out of bed or

off the couch when she could remain comfy while she got everybody else out

of theirs. She sang for her meals and she sang to play tug-of-war. She and I

would serenade the household every evening, always a different song - she

getting louder as I chimed in. She also taught Neenz to sing - lucky us :-)

She hated M/G's but she went. She learned early on that if you lay down and

look pretty that the people always come to you. She even went dressed up for

the holidays. She entertained people when out walking as she would always

start to sing when Dad was too long visiting- boredom wasn't one of her more

polite personalities. She loved her housemates but life was mostly all about

her :-) Fire will no longer have a nice warm bum to lie on. She and Neenz

were inseparable maniacs when it came to riding in the car -we're down one

travelling mate. She was the cockroach queen of the household - I'm sure she

spent most of her life watching it upside down!

She was well travelled from Canada to Florida and back - to Winnipeg and

then back to Calgary where she spent just short of 2 years entertaining and

blessing our household. God speed little one!

DSCF7011.jpg

Hug your hounds for us

Jim, Judy, Fire, Blast and Neenz

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest RiverCityGang

How awful ! Something as common as a corn removal to end up like this. So very sad and so very sorry, for your friends, and for you, Susan .

Susan,

All of us that had the pleasure of ever meeting Calypso loved her. My deepest sympathy to both you and Judy.

Calypso, run free with the Angels

Deb

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest Gert

I read about her on FB. She was mama and grandma to some pretty special pups (Paddy Whacker's grandma). I'm so sorry for her sudden lose. :sad1

Godspeed, sweet mama. :gh_run

How tragic that she didn't get to spend more time with the family who so clearly adored her. I'm so sorry for Calypso's sudden loss.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest Oscer

This is sad news, Callie is a dog I will always remenmber. I have raised two litters from her, and see her very much in her pups. I love the pics, and have a few just like them when she stayed in the house here.

Our thoughts are with you and Callie,

She was a special and unique dog.

Doug Riches

Oh no. I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, special girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So sorry for your loss....As I posted in the WFUBCC, I lost my Jack after the same surgery - with a similar situation. Crushing.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I am so so sorry for your tragic loss. A horrible shock that I also went through when my Bessie died after her toe amputation. What a beautiful girl. My heart goes out to all who loved her.

:f_white :f_white

With deepest condolences,

sue

Guest brandi007

This makes me so sad, Calypso was such a spit fire an absolutely beautiful lady!

Run free Calypso, you'll be missed :(

:cry1 :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

I am so terribly sorry. How absolutely devastating. To lose a beloved hound is painful enough... to lose her so tragically and suddenly must have left them reeling from the sheer shock of such a sudden loss. My heart goes out to them. :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

So sad; please express our sincere sympathy to your friends for the loss of their beautiful, Calypso.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

What a beautiful girl, who lived life to the fullest. My condolences on her sudden loss to all who loved her. Godspeed Calypso! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest Heehoo

I am so sorry for your friend's loss. I thought her name sounded familair, she raced at Southland.

I am just so sorry for their loss. This is so devastating. But she knew she was loved & adored. Please extend my condolences :beatheart

This is just heartbreaking. I am so, so sorry. :grouphug

Godspeed pretty girl :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Please pass a big hug on to your friend from all of us in Powhatan...sometimes things just don't make sense. Rest well, pretty girl.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest Lovey_Hounds

I am so sad to hear about Calypso she was such a great girl, I know she will greatly missed by many. I lit a candle for her today in Abilene at the race the wind Event.