Doc (Ctw Fort Sumpter) 11/4/1999 – 5/11/11

FountainLady

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 I'm glad Doc was able to spend his last few years with you. I wish it could have been longer.

Godspeed Doc.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Doc. What a beautiful boy he was! Your story of his many years as a captive blood donor made me cry. Thank God you found him and gave him such a wonderful life!

Godspeed, sweet boy.

:grouphug:f_red :f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I am so sorry for your loss. Doc was fortunate to have found your home to spend three wonderful years with you. He sounds like he was a wonderful, handsome hound. Godspeed Doc!

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

I remember Forte and was thrilled when he became Doc. Wonderful tribute to a wonderful guy. I'm so sorry you weren't together longer :f_red

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Cory and Mike, we want you to know that we will never forget Doc and his story. Never.

Thank you so much for giving Doc the life he so much deserved. No dog should ever have to endure what Doc did. Thank you for telling his story here on Greytalk. Every greyhound owner should be aware of the fact that many of our beloved greyhounds are still used in captive blood donor programs. This is shameful and tragic.

Godspeed, brave boy. We will always remember you.

Tricia&Burke

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Run free, you sweet and handsome boy :gh_run2

Thank you for the years of happiness you gave him.

I had never heard of 'captive blood donors' before. That's heartbreaking - and so unnecessary. I can't imagine how anyone would justify subjecting a dog to such a dismal existence...

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a gift you gave Doc! He was a beautiful boy & I know he packed in a full & happy life in the years he had with you.

My condolences to Maureen, Laura & Lisa as well - it must have been so difficult to let him go but so rewarding to see how he blossomed in his forever home.

Godspeed Doc! flowers_yellow.gif

Deirdre, especially proud to be a member of GG today.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm so very sorry for your loss. He must truly ahve been a very special hound to come through that experience with his spirit intact.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Guest LoveSeniorGreys

What a wonderful tribute to a very special greyhound. It makes my heart smile that Doc ended up your loving arms.

Your tribute was incredibly moving. It's clear that Doc not only found the perfect forever home, he found his soul mates. When I read the dates in the title, I thought, well, he had a pretty good long life. But then I realized that his life only truly began when you welcomed him into your home and hearts. Working in an animal shelter, I've seen many animals who have suffered horrendous abuse, and their patience, love and trust never ceases to amaze and inspire me. Doc was such a perfect example of that indomitable spirit. It's heartbreaking that his spirit was stifled for so long, but you surrounded him with such unconditional love during your years together. Your gift to him, and his to you is yours to cherish forever. Thank-you for sharing him with us.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Doc.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

We are so touched at the outpouring of love and kind words

. We also want to thank the many people who have bought Hope for Hounds raffle tickets in Doc's honor. We hope that the money raised for the Ohio State Greyhound Program will help find a cure for this terrible cancer that not only took Docs life, but also our Pup's life, too. Too many precious lives have been lost to Osteocarcoma bone cancer.

Our house feels so empty without Doc with us. :(

Edited by FountainLady

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest PiagetsMom

I'm so glad that you found each other - it was later rather than sooner, but Doc knew the comfort of his forever home and was well loved. I'm so very sorry :grouphug

Cory

What a greyt tribute to "Doc the Defender". We had the honor of being Doc's SS this past year and got him his own Squirrel Patrol charm as Cory told us how much he loves to guard the yard from the squirrels.

Doc is now defending the bridge pain free of squirrels with all the other bridge kids. He will greatly missed by many

Run Free Doc.

Hugs to you and Yours Cory from us.

Amy and Maddie

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I had the honor of being Doc's very first Secret Bunny and I remember frantically emailing Iris of Grateful Greys to see if she could somewhow get Doc's measurements so that I could make him a jacket that fit!!

Run free, Doc. You didn't get long enough to run and play while you were here.

Please let your dog-mom know that you are ok.

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.

Guest Annie

What an amazing, heart felt tribute. Thank you for sharing Doc's life and amazing personality with us. I am so sorry for your loss.

I have never read a finer tribute. I feel like I knew him. I too mourn his passing. He won though. In the end he won and thank God for that. He crossed over a MUCH loved houndie that will never be forgotten. This made me think of a message that one persons dog sent to them after he crossed over and I thought I would share part of it with you:

"The love is bigger than the pain. I know your heart is breaking terribly. But I promise you that your pain will subside over time, and our love, our love not only will survive, it wil be stronger. Someday the horrible pain will be a memory of deep sadness but our love will still be vibrant and alive. Love is always bigger than pain. When you are hurting, reach for the love and I promise you will fee better." Dogs are so smart. My deepest sympathy. Thank you for sharing Doc with us. What a special houndie!

:f_red:gh_lay:f_red